How Does Your State Rank in Church Attendance?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
150219_ChurchPoll1.png

This ought to give the atheists and leftists lots of ammo against the Bible-thumping cons. Utah is certainly no surprise. California with “average” is surprising but note Nevada. For a state where Mormons dominate politics, that's pretty amazing.

Read story @ How Does Your State Rank in Church Attendance

I could not care less where you attend church or what religion you are, know why, I don't want people to care about what my religion is or isn't....

150219_ChurchPoll1.png

This ought to give the atheists and leftists lots of ammo against the Bible-thumping cons. Utah is certainly no surprise. California with “average” is surprising but note Nevada. For a state where Mormons dominate politics, that's pretty amazing.

More enpoverished states have greater church-going. In effect, the more a place sucks, the better religions do.

Why Is Mississippi More Religious Than New Hampshire Psychology Today

"New Hampshire is the least religious state in the union and Mississippi is the most religious according to Gallup data. A minority of New Hampshire residents see religion as being important in their daily lives (46 percent) in contrast to a large majority of Mississippians (85 percent). How can such huge differences be explained?

In sub-Saharan Africa, where the quality of life is abysmal, almost everyone is religious (1). The quality of life is much better in Europe and religion is at a very low ebb.

This raises the question of whether New Hampshire resembles Europe in having a good quality of life and weak religion. Is Mississippi more like sub-Saharan Africa in having a lower quality of life and stronger religion?"

Ammo for what?
Notice the worst states have the highest attendence? What's that tell you? Those people need god the most. And they use religion to keep poor people passive. Every week they are told don't worry about your shitty life it'll get better when you die. Now put money in the collection plate.

Religion is control.

Ammo for what?
Notice the worst states have the highest attendence? What's that tell you? Those people need god the most. And they use religion to keep poor people passive. Every week they are told don't worry about your shitty life it'll get better when you die. Now put money in the collection plate.

Religion is control.
I quit at 15...I could see the shell game going on....

Ammo for what?

Religion is control.
I quit at 15...I could see the shell game going on....

In my 20s my bro and I went to church to meet wives. At the time I didn't think religion was bad but I also didn't think that hard about it either. It seemed like a good thing on the surface. I just didn't have all the facts. And I think if you're going to believe something on faith you have to look very hard and very long and you have to question everything.

Heres what convinced me at first it was bullshit. Ask any christian if non christians are going to hell and you'll get a lot of spin but ultimately the answer should be YES. Don't sugar coat it and don't be a cafe christian. Some say yes but a lot say no but you won't to to heaven and some don't believe in hell. Blablabla.

If you don't believe it then you should quit the religion. You shouldn't be able to cherry pick what you believe and I wish christians would stop lying. When we ask if non christians go to hell the answer should be YES.

Too many christians believe without giving it enough thought. Great example is my 13 year old nephew. He certainly hasn't been given all the facts. Hardly seems right. But his parents think the lie is good for him so who am I to tell him the truth. I'll give them an 18 year headstart and see if I can in brainwash him when he's an adult.

And I think if you're going to believe something on faith you have to look very hard and very long and you have to question everything.

:dunno:

Like the virgin birth story. What makes you believe that? Fairytale.
The very definition of Faith

Are you suggesting that faith and gulliblity are the same thing?
Yes. If you believe the Mormon or Muslim or Jew/christian fables then you are gullible.

Churches need their members to be unquestioning.

And I think if you're going to believe something on faith you have to look very hard and very long and you have to question everything.

Its so obvious when you question your faiths stories with an open mind. But not easy because our parents and our society has brainwashed us talking about god as if its a fact. Its a lie.

Just because our parents believed and their parents and their parent and so on...doesn't mean its true. Prove it to me. You can't. Its why you threaten people with hell to scare them into compliance. You dont even realize it. That's how powerful the mind fuck they got you under is.

The very definition of Fait

The very definition of Faith

Are you suggesting that faith and gulliblity are the same thing?
Blessed is he that believes without seeing

Its so obvious when you question your faiths stories with an open mind. But not easy because our parents and our society has brainwashed us talking about god as if its a fact. Its a lie.

Just because our parents believed and their parents and their parent and so on...doesn't mean its true. Prove it to me. You can't. Its why you threaten people with hell to scare them into compliance. You dont even realize it. That's how powerful the mind fuck they got you under is.
I threaten and scare people?

If you feel threatened or scared, that's what I would call guilt

150219_ChurchPoll1.png

I really don't give a crap what people do with their free time. It's none of my business.

I also realize that walking into a building does not make one a better person.

It's no surprise that the poor red welfare states would have a higher church attendance. What's amusing is when you drive through small towns that have a church on one side, and a bar on the other.

Too many christians believe without giving it enough thought. Great example is my 13 year old nephew. He certainly hasn't been given all the facts. Hardly seems right. But his parents think the lie is good for him so who am I to tell him the truth. I'll give them an 18 year headstart and see if I can in brainwash him when he's an adult.
I always thought it hypocritical for a member of the Mafia to get blessed and saved....

Forum List

Back