How does a child live with this?

Why do gun idiots always add a little blame for Obama?
There is no way this moronic woman can be blamed on your president.

In any case the two year old IS NOT responsible for the Accident ... the Adult IS... and She is DEAD... so she payed the price for Her Mistakes... I'm almost 100% sure that they ARE NOT gonna take the Kid to court... Their are Kids out their with a lot of worse things in their past that they will have to live with.. Just think of what O-bum-a two girls will have to live with for the rest of their life's...! ! ! ! !
Obama has nothing to do with this, gun nut.

HAYDEN, Idaho — A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother after he reached into her purse at a northern Idaho Wal-Mart and her concealed gun fired, authorities said Tuesday.

Here is the link to this horrible and preventable accident:

Authorities 2-year-old boy accidentally shoots and kills mom inside northern Idaho Wal-Mart Star Tribune

This is very sad, but these final three paragraphs floored me:

'Idaho lawmakers passed legislation earlier this year allowing concealed weapons on the state's public college and university campuses.

"Despite facing opposition from all eight of the state's university college presidents, lawmakers sided with gun rights advocates who said the law would better uphold the Second Amendment.

"Under the law, gun holders are barred from bringing their weapons into dormitories or buildings that hold more than 1,000 people, such as stadiums or concert halls."
How much do you remember from when you were 2?

The kid won't remember it, his peers won't know about it.

If his family does the right thing and lies to him about how his mother died he'll be just fine
A lot of people know about it so he will find out eventually but I agree, don't tell him anything until he gets older and begins to ask. It wasn't his fault.

A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother after he reached into her purse at a northern Idaho Wal-Mart and her concealed gun fired, authorities said Tuesday

2-Year-Old Accidentally Kills His Mom in Wal-Mart - ABC News
2 yr old shot mom in front of his 3 siblings...
Well, can we say stupidity kills this time? I think yes. It`s all about stupid carrying of gun. Do you think we don`t need strict regulation?

A small price to pay for our second amendment rights

perhaps using the safety on the gun?
Or better yet, publically hold those whose mishandling of guns result in injury or death responsible. Were we to see some of the parents who mishandle guns spend ten years in the pen for ciminal negligence when their children use those guns, people like that mother might take more care in how she carries that gun. A needless tragedy, the simplest of precautions would have prevented it.

Ban the possession of handguns, period.

Yeah, who cares that there are over 100 million privately owned handguns in the country and less than 1,000 accidental shooting deaths. Lets go with the kneejerk reaction, blame the gun, and ban them all.
But that 1000 accidental shooting deaths are far too many. Rather, let us hold gun owners responsible for what is done with their guns. You leave you gun lying around, a child gets it and harms someone or himself, you get to go to prison on criminal negligence charges. That puts the onus where it belongs, on the irresponsible gun owner. Yet the NRA fights any such laws.

perhaps using the safety on the gun?
Or better yet, publically hold those whose mishandling of guns result in injury or death responsible. Were we to see some of the parents who mishandle guns spend ten years in the pen for ciminal negligence when their children use those guns, people like that mother might take more care in how she carries that gun. A needless tragedy, the simplest of precautions would have prevented it.

You think we should put the mother in jail?

Ban the possession of handguns, period.

Yeah, who cares that there are over 100 million privately owned handguns in the country and less than 1,000 accidental shooting deaths. Lets go with the kneejerk reaction, blame the gun, and ban them all.
But that 1000 accidental shooting deaths are far too many. Rather, let us hold gun owners responsible for what is done with their guns. You leave you gun lying around, a child gets it and harms someone or himself, you get to go to prison on criminal negligence charges. That puts the onus where it belongs, on the irresponsible gun owner. Yet the NRA fights any such laws.

How about knives? Should parents go to jail if their kid cuts themselves?

In any case the two year old IS NOT responsible for the Accident ... the Adult IS... and She is DEAD... so she payed the price for Her Mistakes... I'm almost 100% sure that they ARE NOT gonna take the Kid to court... Their are Kids out their with a lot of worse things in their past that they will have to live with.. Just think of what O-bum-a two girls will have to live with for the rest of their life's...! ! ! ! !

On so many levels this post ^^^ should embarrass supporters of Second Amendment Rights and anyone who has even rudimentary knowledge of the Juvenile Justice System and basic psychology.

On so many levels this post ^^^ should embarrass supporters of Second Amendment Rights and anyone who has even rudimentary knowledge of the Juvenile Justice System and basic psychology.
And what do you know about the developmental psychology of a 2 year old?

This kid will not remember any of this.

Stupid by whose standards, your's?

Yes, fucking yes.
If I had the slightest thought of that daft bitch having a working brain, I'd consider myself to be an idiot.
Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to drive a car because some internet poster thinks you're a moron.

Given I don't let two year old kids drive my car, they'd probably be wrong.
It would be safer if the two year olds were driving.

Perhaps you could expand on that, explaining how you know I'm not a very experienced, well trained driver, and how you know I haven't got more qualifications and training than the vast majority of motorists on the roads anywhere in the world, not to mention, driven in many countries, in a wide variety of vehicles.
If you try, you'd be wrong.
I wasn't referring to your driving, I was referring to your logic. Hopefully you use better judgment when driving.

News flash: Many states allow women to drive despite the thousands of children killed in car crashes.

HAYDEN, Idaho — A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother after he reached into her purse at a northern Idaho Wal-Mart and her concealed gun fired, authorities said Tuesday.

Here is the link to this horrible and preventable accident:

Authorities 2-year-old boy accidentally shoots and kills mom inside northern Idaho Wal-Mart Star Tribune

This is very sad, but these final three paragraphs floored me:

'Idaho lawmakers passed legislation earlier this year allowing concealed weapons on the state's public college and university campuses.

"Despite facing opposition from all eight of the state's university college presidents, lawmakers sided with gun rights advocates who said the law would better uphold the Second Amendment.

"Under the law, gun holders are barred from bringing their weapons into dormitories or buildings that hold more than 1,000 people, such as stadiums or concert halls."

Yes...and the victims of Virginia tech wish they had been able to carry their legally owned firearms to save their classmates...and themselves....

But sure....let's make sure we have gun free killing zones for mass killers.....

so the laws allowing people to have guns in public places have nothing to do with why this happened.

Utter crap.
Allowing idiots to carry guns is exactly what caused this death.
Luckily, only the idiot was killed.

Assholes like you are why I no longer wait to post about these shootings...you guys never wait to drag the dead to the nearest camera to cry for more pointless, and useless gun control....wading through the blood without a second thought....

So I will post when these things happen....you assholes have never shown decency or restraint....

Another plane crashed in the ocean.....those things are just flying death machines....they need to be banned...if only one life can be saved....and when they crash they kill hundreds....even children......ban airplanes now....airplane companies know they are building machines that can crash...yet the airline lobby keeps pushing to have these things in the air.......where is the outrage.....

We don't need machines that can fall out of the sky.....horses and buggies were fine for hundreds of years......and killed a lot less people....

The child won't have to "live with it" as the child won't have any memory of it. It is a sad, tragic, and ultimately preventable incident that the anti gun drones will flock to in an effort to create outrage and discord all in a vain attempt to drum up support for their failed gun grabbing attempts.

The facts are that you are far more likely to die from almost anything more than a gun. The gun grabbers don't try and deal with those issues, they always go after the gun because so long as people are armed they can't force their collectivist nightmare down the throats of the people and that just pisses them off.

No doubt liberals will try to exploit this tragedy to attack the second amendment but the kid could just as well have gotten his hands on the gun at home as in a Walmart store, so the laws allowing people to have guns in public places have nothing to do with why this happened.

Not at all. Let's use the gun nuts' logic -- what was needed here is a good toddler with a gun to stop the bad toddler with a gun. Clearly we need to arm more toddlers. What's a little matricide, as long as you get to have your toys? Priorities.
That's right, make fun of a tragedy, funny guy. Are you proud of yourself?
Not making fun, it's the exact argument I've heard you gun nuts make over and over.
You are a bald faced liar. No one has called for arming toddlers or children. In regards children if their parents want to teach them to hunt most of us have no problem.
You all have never said anything like if there had been a good guy with a gun at some mass shooting, things would have turned out better?

Yeah...and in mass shootings where a civilian had a gun they stopped the shooter....and 1.6 million times a year they stop violent criminal attacks and save lives......good guys with guns save lives....more lives than bad guys with guns take....

3600 rapes a day are never attempted because the victims either have a gun

I've heard some really daft claims, but that has to be the worst ever.
Don't tell me, 4,000 windows weren't broken because there weren't enough stones around.

Take it up with the experts. Those are federal statistics, Fred. Not my own.

Ones you seem to be having problems linking to.

Here is a link....

Okay...again...here are all the studies that actually give numbers for guns used to save lives and stop crimes taken from the table I provided from guncite.com...

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

The group that did the study is followed by the year and the number of times they found in their research that law abiding, non military, non police citizens used guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives.....and these aren't even all of the studies or research....

Field...1976....3,052,717

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043
Mauser...1990...1,487,342

Gallup...1991...777,153

Gallup...1993...1,621,377
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,682

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036
And this from the clinton justice department...

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

(Subsequent to Kleck's study, the Department of Justice sponsored a survey in 1994 titled, Guns in America: National Survey on Private Ownership and Use of Firearms (text,PDF). Using a smaller sample size than Kleck's, this survey estimated 1.5 million DGU's annually.)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
.(Lawrence Southwick, Jr.,Guns and Justifiable Homicide: Deterrence and Defense-concludes there are at least 400,000 "fewer violent crimes due to civilian self-defense use of guns" and at least "800,000 violent crimes are deterred each year because of gun ownership and use by civilians.")

From Obama's CDC...they spent 10 million dollars in 2013 for this study...

from slate.com an article on CDC obama's era...500-3 million defensive gun uses

Handguns suicides mass shootings deaths and self-defense Findings from a research report on gun violence.

7. Guns are used for self-defense often and effectively. “Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year … in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008,” says the report. The three million figure is probably high, “based on an extrapolation from a small number of responses taken from more than 19 national surveys.”
--------------------

"Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year."
As shown in the previous footnote, this study did not use a nationally representative population. To correct for this, Just Facts used the following equation:

I re ran the numbers with all of the studies and the average number of times guns are used to save lives and stop violent crime each year in the United States is 1.6 million....

8-9,000 gun murders a year vs. 1.6 million times, on average that a non law enforcement, non military, law abiding citizen stops a violent criminal attack or saves a life....

8-9,000 vs. 1.6 million....

Guns save far more lives than they take....even using the lowest numbers from anti gun biased studies.....

Forum List

Back