How does a child live with this?

In any case the two year old IS NOT responsible for the Accident ... the Adult IS... and She is DEAD... so she payed the price for Her Mistakes... I'm almost 100% sure that they ARE NOT gonna take the Kid to court... Their are Kids out their with a lot of worse things in their past that they will have to live with.. Just think of what O-bum-a two girls will have to live with for the rest of their life's...! ! ! ! !

On so many levels this post ^^^ should embarrass supporters of Second Amendment Rights and anyone who has even rudimentary knowledge of the Juvenile Justice System and basic psychology.
And what do you know about the developmental psychology of a 2 year old?

This kid will not remember any of this.

He thinks like a 2 year old....they have that in common.....

so the laws allowing people to have guns in public places have nothing to do with why this happened.

Utter crap.
Allowing idiots to carry guns is exactly what caused this death.
Luckily, only the idiot was killed.

Nonsense. It was a tragic accident. When has that ever happened before? I do not recall any story even close. It was a freak accident. Move on with your life. Your in Indonesia, Fred. Was is it to you whether Americans have a permit to carry concealed weapons? You should realize the concealed carry permits are here to stay. This is America.

It was a terrible accident. Move on.

That was not a freak accident, you boob.

I do not find it stupid. Citizens with guns prevent thousands of crimes from occurring in the USA every single day! 3600 rapes a day are never attempted because the victims either have a gun or showed a gun according to experts research the statistics on gun owners in America.

More than 90% of violent crimes in America occur without a gun according to federal statistics. So when the victim has a firearm? That is one less violent crime happening.

The accident was tragic. But concealed carry for responsible owners is a good thing for America.

Do you have a link showing that 3,600 rapes a day are prevented with guns?

:link:

so the laws allowing people to have guns in public places have nothing to do with why this happened.

Utter crap.

Nonsense. It was a tragic accident. When has that ever happened before? I do not recall any story even close. It was a freak accident. Move on with your life. Your in Indonesia, Fred. Was is it to you whether Americans have a permit to carry concealed weapons? You should realize the concealed carry permits are here to stay. This is America.

It was exactly that....an accident.....

Here is a nice breakdown of the rapes stopped by a gun ...

8220 How Many Rapes Are Stopped Each Year By A Gun 8221 Extrano s Alley a gun blog

Someone stopped by searching for “how many rapes are stopped each year by a gun.”

Let me rephrase that a bit, for clarity. If we made the question “How many intended rapes are never carried through because the potential victim may have a gun,” we can start trying to find some actual numbers to break down.

Conventionally, there are about 1,800 rapes a day in the United States, and as little as one in ten is reported to the police.

Other sources peg the number of forcible rapes at just over one a minute, or 425,000 forcible rapes a year.

On the other hand, the National Crime Victimization Poll indicates a total of 188,960 completed rapes, with a reporting rate of 12.5% for 2006, the latest numbers available.

Of course, those numbers are not “official.” The official numbers are the numbers from the FBI Uniform Crime Report. For 2010, the FBI had a total of 84,757 rapes, 232 rapes a day, reported to the police.

If we accept the NCV poll’s 12.5% reporting rate, that would be 678,000 rapes a year. So we have a fine muddle, with between 85,000 and 1,800,000 rapes occurring each year. So what’s the true number.

The latest independent crime victims polls estimate that 512,000 rapes occur each year, 1,400 a day, and just under 17% are reported to the police. That agrees with the FBI numbers, so I will go with 512,000 rapes, with 17% or one in six reported to the police.

With the magnitude of the problem established:

In the early 1990’s a study concluded that 650 rapes a day were stopped because the victim was – or may have been – armed. But the number of women who carry, and the number of homes with guns, is much higher now.

The latest prisoners surveys estimate that 3,600 rapes a day are never attempted because the victim either showed a gun, said she had a gun, or the rapist though the victim had a gun for some other reason.

So one way or the other, guns prevent 3,600 rapes a day, or more than 1.3 million rapes a year.

That is an enormous amount of human misery prevented by the mere presence of a gun.

Utter crap.

It was exactly that....an accident.....

But not a freak accident. A freak accident is when you get hit in the face by a duck while riding on a roller coaster.

This woman had a gun in her purse. Toddlers get into their mom's purses all the time.

It was stupidity and negligence.

8220 How Many Rapes Are Stopped Each Year By A Gun 8221 Extrano s Alley a gun blog

Someone stopped by searching for “how many rapes are stopped each year by a gun.”

Let me rephrase that a bit, for clarity. If we made the question “How many intended rapes are never carried through because the potential victim may have a gun,” we can start trying to find some actual numbers to break down.

Conventionally, there are about 1,800 rapes a day in the United States, and as little as one in ten is reported to the police.

Other sources peg the number of forcible rapes at just over one a minute, or 425,000 forcible rapes a year.

On the other hand, the National Crime Victimization Poll indicates a total of 188,960 completed rapes, with a reporting rate of 12.5% for 2006, the latest numbers available.

Of course, those numbers are not “official.” The official numbers are the numbers from the FBI Uniform Crime Report. For 2010, the FBI had a total of 84,757 rapes, 232 rapes a day, reported to the police.

If we accept the NCV poll’s 12.5% reporting rate, that would be 678,000 rapes a year. So we have a fine muddle, with between 85,000 and 1,800,000 rapes occurring each year. So what’s the true number.

The latest independent crime victims polls estimate that 512,000 rapes occur each year, 1,400 a day, and just under 17% are reported to the police. That agrees with the FBI numbers, so I will go with 512,000 rapes, with 17% or one in six reported to the police.

In the early 1990’s a study concluded that 650 rapes a day were stopped because the victim was – or may have been – armed. But the number of women who carry, and the number of homes with guns, is much higher now.

The latest prisoners surveys estimate that 3,600 rapes a day are never attempted because the victim either showed a gun, said she had a gun, or the rapist though the victim had a gun for some other reason.

So one way or the other, guns prevent 3,600 rapes a day, or more than 1.3 million rapes a year.

That is an enormous amount of human misery prevented by the mere presence of a gun.

I guess I should have asked for a credible source. My bad.

I guess I should have asked for a credible source. My bad.
So you disagree with how many unreported rapes there are, right? According to you if they are not reported they did not happen.

The child won't have to "live with it" as the child won't have any memory of it. It is a sad, tragic, and ultimately preventable incident that the anti gun drones will flock to in an effort to create outrage and discord all in a vain attempt to drum up support for their failed gun grabbing attempts.

The facts are that you are far more likely to die from almost anything more than a gun. The gun grabbers don't try and deal with those issues, they always go after the gun because so long as people are armed they can't force their collectivist nightmare down the throats of the people and that just pisses them off.

Oh come ON...

A two-year old toddler, who's by definition dependent on and bonded with its mother, isn't going to have questions about where she went? Certainly it's too young to comprehend what exactly went down (besides her). That isn't the point. The question of "guilt" didn't even occur to me -- of course it's not the child's fault. Not the point. That will have to be explained, and not explaining it or lying about it is probably worse than never addressing it. Still not the point.

The point is that child is going to have to wonder what kind of fucked up world has it been brought into that walks around with a loaded gun in its purse. As should we all.

You gun fetishists can see only down the barrel of your own fetish object. Your ultimate concern seems to be, "oh that's a tragedy, but the question is -- how is this gonna affect Numero Uno?"

The child won't have to "live with it" as the child won't have any memory of it. It is a sad, tragic, and ultimately preventable incident that the anti gun drones will flock to in an effort to create outrage and discord all in a vain attempt to drum up support for their failed gun grabbing attempts.

The facts are that you are far more likely to die from almost anything more than a gun. The gun grabbers don't try and deal with those issues, they always go after the gun because so long as people are armed they can't force their collectivist nightmare down the throats of the people and that just pisses them off.

Oh come ON...

A two-year old toddler, who's by definition dependent on and bonded with its mother, isn't going to have questions about where she went? Certainly it's too young to comprehend what exactly went down (besides her). That isn't the point. The question of "guilt" didn't even occur to me -- of course it's not the child's fault. Not the point. That will have to be explained, and not explaining it or lying about it is probably worse than never addressing it. Still not the point.

The point is that child is going to have to wonder what kind of fucked up world has it been brought into that walks around with a loaded gun in its purse. As should we all.

You gun fetishists can see only down the barrel of your own fetish object. Your ultimate concern seems to be, "oh that's a tragedy, but the question is -- how is this gonna affect Numero Uno?"
And again I repeat, you don't like our rights? Change the Constitution.

Oh come ON...

And again I repeat, you don't like our rights? Change the Constitution.

Wanna quote where I said jack shit about anyone's "rights"?

Didn't think so.

Go git chew a remedial reading course.

HAYDEN, Idaho — A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother after he reached into her purse at a northern Idaho Wal-Mart and her concealed gun fired, authorities said Tuesday.

Here is the link to this horrible and preventable accident:

Authorities 2-year-old boy accidentally shoots and kills mom inside northern Idaho Wal-Mart Star Tribune

This is very sad, but these final three paragraphs floored me:

'Idaho lawmakers passed legislation earlier this year allowing concealed weapons on the state's public college and university campuses.

"Despite facing opposition from all eight of the state's university college presidents, lawmakers sided with gun rights advocates who said the law would better uphold the Second Amendment.

"Under the law, gun holders are barred from bringing their weapons into dormitories or buildings that hold more than 1,000 people, such as stadiums or concert halls."
Come on. It's in a Red State. Republicans worship at the alter of the Church of the Heartless Bastard. They don't care when stuff like that happens. In fact, I suspect more than a few hide a small grin. They think snickering at stuff like that is "manly" and being upset is sissy.

No doubt liberals will try to exploit this tragedy to attack the second amendment but the kid could just as well have gotten his hands on the gun at home as in a Walmart store, so the laws allowing people to have guns in public places have nothing to do with why this happened.

Intelligence hasn't caught up with the second amendment.

I wonder if Walmart is going to pay their employees while the store is closed due to the lack of intelligence of this Mother.

No doubt liberals will try to exploit this tragedy to attack the second amendment but the kid could just as well have gotten his hands on the gun at home as in a Walmart store, so the laws allowing people to have guns in public places have nothing to do with why this happened.

Intelligence hasn't caught up with the second amendment.
Because you're so much smarter than the founding fathers, right?

As a gun owner I believe in the second amendment. I don't believe that everyone is intelligent enough to own a firearm. To believe so is ignorance at it's best.

As a gun owner I believe in the second amendment. I don't believe that everyone is intelligent enough to own a firearm. To believe so is ignorance at it's best.
Not everyone is intelligent enough to drive a care either but that's just something we have to live with in a free society.

Forum List

Back