Homeless FL mom with 15 kids

Did I say it was The Only Reason?

No.

But the sad fact remains that welfare handouts to teenagers does encourage a destructive set of life altering decisions.

"Fact?" really? you mean outside your imagination? where is the evidence?

Silly me, I thought hormones, naïveté, cheap wine, warm weather, large cars, and Stephenie Meyer's beloved Twilight Saga might have something to do to "encourage a destructive set of life altering decisions."

Welfare has severely damaged the formation of urban black families. From those two NeoCon entites, the NYT and Bill Moyers/CBS Reports:

Then ''The Vanishing Family'' visits Newark. Mr. Moyers listens to people talk. Clarinda Henderson, 17 years old, became pregnant at 15. ''I wouldn't want no man holding me down,'' she says, ''because I think I could make it as a single parent.'' The father of her child, Darren Lyell, is 18. Mr. Moyers asks him if his friends were impressed when Miss Henderson had his daughter.

''Everybody was telling me, you know, that she look just like me,'' he says. ''And, you know, kind of pretty, and make me feel good.'' Are his friends fathers, too? ''That's all they be doing around here,'' Mr. Lyell replies. ''Making babies and stuff. Making babies.''

In fact, Miss Henderson's mother, who was a teen-ager when Miss Henderson was born, was also unmarried. Her mother, Miss Henderson's grandmother, was unmarried, too. It is worth noting here that when the Moynihan Report was issued, the white intellectuals who attacked it reached something like consensus: Black society was matriarchal; white middle-class values did not apply.

Carefully, however, the ''CBS Reports'' makes its point: A matriarchal society in urban America does not work. The absence of two parents encourages rootlessness. The question of white middle-class values is irrelevant; the climate of poverty, dependency and despair that the rootlessness breeds is not.

Even more carefully, meanwhile, the ''CBS Reports'' makes a secondary point: the social structure erected by the state can be counterproductive. Even the Moynihan Report skipped over this, although in recent years it has been discussed by some black academics. When does welfare assistance hinder rather than help? When does it destroy personal responsibility?

Mr. Moyers approaches this almost obliquely. He speaks to an unmarried 23-year-old woman who is the mother of two children and is expecting a third.

''I don't think I would have had the second two children,'' she says, ''if I didn't think welfare was there. I don't like welfare because it makes me lazy.'' ''It does?'' Mr. Moyers says. ''Yeah, it makes you lazy just to sit around and wait for a monthly check to come in,'' the young mother replies. ''You know, I just like to work. I like money coming in every week or every two weeks.''...

TV: 'CBS REPORTS' EXAMINES BLACK FAMILIES - New York Times

Charles Murray and Thomas Sowell, among others - have written about this topic (much to the revulsion of the Welfare State Left).

No.

But the sad fact remains that welfare handouts to teenagers does encourage a destructive set of life altering decisions.
:lol: Show us the proof that any teenager gets pregnant so she can go on welfare. And then show us that it is a widespread practice. Moron.

No.

:lol: Show us the proof that any teenager gets pregnant so she can go on welfare. And then show us that it is a widespread practice. Moron.

While it may appear to be irrelevant to the US, it is common in the UK. The relevance of that is that the US is implementing very similar policies to those in the UK. Personally, I think it would be wiser for the US to learn the lessons from other countries and stop its 'progress' down that slippery slope.

Welfare has severely damaged the formation of urban black families. From those two NeoCon entites, the NYT and Bill Moyers/CBS Reports:

When does welfare assistance hinder rather than help? When does it destroy personal responsibility?

Mr. Moyers approaches this almost obliquely. He speaks to an unmarried 23-year-old woman who is the mother of two children and is expecting a third.

So, now we're making the leap from just unwed, poor, uneducated mothers to ALL urban black families?

And we're to base this assessment on ONE 23-year-old woman????

So, I guess if I found ONE, unwed mother who had used welfare to educate herself and get a job, then it would refute your entire theory?

:eek::eek:

BUT HOW COULD THIS BE???? BOE says that welfare is such a great deal that Sylvia Rolfe QUIT while she was ahead: with 5 kids, she should have had 5 MORE!!!:rolleyes:

Great Sammy. Please counsel your daughter on the wonderful lifestyle opportunities for unwed teenage mothers - and let us know how that works out in a few years.

No.

While it may appear to be irrelevant to the US, it is common in the UK. The relevance of that is that the US is implementing very similar policies to those in the UK. Personally, I think it would be wiser for the US to learn the lessons from other countries and stop its 'progress' down that slippery slope.

Again I ask for:

A. Evidence that most ignorant, naive, hormone-laden girls carefully weigh their options, and then conclude after analysis that living off state welfare is the BEST they can expect, and as consequence to this purposefully become pregnate.

B. There is a less expensive solution than letting them starve, and simply piling the bodies in a cart bound for a mass grave.

Great Sammy. Please counsel your daughter on the wonderful lifestyle opportunities for unwed teenage mothers - and let us know how that works out in a few years.

This must have something to do with the topic?: We're talking about unwed, poor, uneducated MOTHERS.

You see, my dear woman, the fact that the subject matter is MOTHERS, inherently means that counselling isn't what is necessary: The horse is out of the barn!

Now, why don't you go bake up a batch of biskits and after they are done, I shall instruct you as to the proper recipe rather than the one you will no doubt impudently choose.

When does welfare assistance hinder rather than help? When does it destroy personal responsibility?

So, now we're making the leap from just unwed, poor, uneducated mothers to ALL urban black families?

So, I guess if I found ONE, unwed mother who had used welfare to educate herself and get a job, then it would refute your entire theory?

BUT HOW COULD THIS BE???? BOE says that welfare is such a great deal that Sylvia Rolfe QUIT while she was ahead: with 5 kids, she should have had 5 MORE!!!:rolleyes:
IMO, a twenty three year old, or a woman of any age, that has 15 kids needs mental help. There is something wrong with her mentally.

IMO, a twenty three year old, or a woman of any age, that has 15 kids needs mental help. There is something wrong with her mentally.

Possibly.

Of course, IMHO a 23 yo that has ONE kid, but no job, and no husband needs, or will need mental help.

Doesn't mean they've tried to leech off the welfare system.

It means they had bad luck. Shit happens. Boe's solution is to let them starve, and pick the cold corpses up with the trash.

A few years. Ago, I had the privilege of meeting two principals who ran special programs for teen moms. They taught many of the classes Samson mentioned but also focused on parenting skills. The reality was that many of these girls would never work outside the home so one of the goals was to make them GOOD welfare moms. They were permitted to take their babies to school for one year after they were born and how to PROPERLY care for them. One woman said they also were successful in reducing the rate of 2nd pregnancies - which is outrageously high. Both schools have shut down for lack of interest and the fact that Diapering and Cholic are not part of the NJ Core Curriculum standards. Its a travesty.

A few years. Ago, I had the privilege of meeting two principals who ran special programs for teen moms. They taught many of the classes Samson mentioned but also focused on parenting skills. The reality was that many of these girls would never work outside the home so one of the goals was to make them GOOD welfare moms. They were permitted to take their babies to school for one year after they were born and how to PROPERLY care for them. One woman said they also were successful in reducing the rate of 2nd pregnancies - which is outrageously high. Both schools have shut down for lack of interest and the fact that Diapering and Cholic are not part of the NJ Core Curriculum standards. Its a travesty.

:eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

Well, at least NJ Highschools still have Football, Marching Bands, and Cheerleaders, right?:confused:

Yes. And four of my girls will have HS diplomas come June. A worthless piece of paper.

yep :( just another step on the way to college, which depending on your field, a bachelors is also worthless now

what are your 3 girls that have finished high school before doing now?

Looks to me like this woman is making a valiant effort to stave off that black genocide being caused by abortion that we were hearing about recently.

The anti-choicers should make this woman their poster-child.

Forum List

Back