Homeless FL mom with 15 kids

News

Ungrateful welfare ho with 15 kids wants mo' money.

Oh and she may be preggers again.

Those kids don't have a chance. And they will breed soon too.

I don't see that story under your link but I wonder how they are homeless if they are on welfare.

just more money pissed away. we have gotten nowhere with these "educational" dollars..

I disagree. What I'm suggesting is that such people be FORCED to take advantage of the educational opportunities or risk losing their welfare benefits, the latter part of which is not part of the game but it should be. It's the basic theme of "Precious." The mother wanted Precious to have another kid so she could continue collecting, and fortunately someone outside the system recognized that Precious was not a lost cause at all, given the right opportunity.

You would rather just complain? Not very productive, is it?

I agree with forcing people on gov programs into learning environments whether its vocational school, finishing ged, community college, etc. education is the only way to save people like this

You also have to have individuals who live in or near such communities willing to reach out and participate. As it is now, most people stand on the sidelines and whine.

How about this? They put her and her children on a farm so they can lead productive lives and give back to the community. People helping people. Isn't that a real democracy?

What farms? Privately owned farms are struggling to survive against agri-farms which dominate all our food production. They can't afford hired help and are usually family-run operations.

just more money pissed away. we have gotten nowhere with these "educational" dollars..

I disagree. What I'm suggesting is that such people be FORCED to take advantage of the educational opportunities or risk losing their welfare benefits, the latter part of which is not part of the game but it should be. It's the basic theme of "Precious." The mother wanted Precious to have another kid so she could continue collecting, and fortunately someone outside the system recognized that Precious was not a lost cause at all, given the right opportunity.

You would rather just complain? Not very productive, is it?

Precious was a movie babe. Not real life. What you don't seem to understand is the more you give people the more they think you owe them. The more they damand of you, and all the "educational dollars" are not helping a thing. All the politicians can think of is "more educational" dollars. I can complain if I choose to cause it's my money and your money that I watch being pissed away with no end in sight. I'd give each American citizen.. and zero illegals a grand total of 2 years public assistance. NO more no less.

"Precious" was based on the book "Push" which related the true story of one alternative school teacher and one social worker as they attempted to draw children away from the horrors of their home and school lives into the realm of hope. Babe.

Now bitch on.

I don't see that story under your link but I wonder how they are homeless if they are on welfare.

That's quite easy, if the mother spends all of the money on things other than rent.

How about if we deport the illegal migrant workers and have women like this WORK for her entitlements?
Spreading your legs and spitting out babies you have no intention of properly caring for IS nothing more than breeding. Its not racist. Fucking squirrels can do it. But I'm pretty sure mama squirrels feed their young.

And Maggie - I know in NJ there are so many exceptions to benefit limits that it is never enforced.

Many of the couples that "co habitate" without marriage are committing welfare fraud. Watch Judge Judy. Lol

Welfare fraud is another problem that is solvable, but no one wants to put up the funding to do the investigations. I don't know about NJ, but in Vermont, they pay "welfare workers" a pittance, expect them to take on at least a half-dozen new cases weekly, follow through on all their old ones (which can number into the hundreds), do all the field work to conduct surprise visits, then the mountains of required paperwork to satisfy the state. They are grossly overworked and underpaid, so fraud is rampant and is more or less left up to whistle-blowers before any real action is taken by the authorities.

It's the same old story: People want results, but they don't want to pay for it.

News

Ungrateful welfare ho with 15 kids wants mo' money.

Oh and she may be preggers again.

Those kids don't have a chance. And they will breed soon too.

They were evicted from their apt. for trashing the place and because she lied about the number of kids. That's why they were placed in a hotel for homeless people. But even after she was offered a nice house, she refused to cooperate with the judge who wanted to know who would be visiting and if she was pregnant again. She was held in contempt and jailed for five days. And she lost her kids again. Not too intelligent.

On April 26, social service workers and the Department of Children and Families found a way for the family to stay together. A Kid's Place offered a temporary shelter, and DCF worked with the Tampa Housing Authority to secure a six bedroom home.

Court records say Adams was set to receive $2,600 per month in government assistance, as well as repayment of a $6,000 debt for back rent.

However, DCF Spokesman Nick Cox said Adams was hostile, showed no gratitude, and demanded more and more entitlements. In court, Adams said she was glad to have the home but wanted all of the social workers and agencies out of her life.

Mom of 15 apologizes, judge grants release | abcactionnews.com

Seems a slam dunk that this bitch should be sterilized and the kids permanently removed from her custody. Likely too many/most of these children are such scrub stock that they also should be sterilized as a mercy to both themselves and society as a whole.

the kids have yet to act irresposibly as their mother did. if/when they do it then they can be dealt. pre-emptive stealing of freedoms is fucking retarded

Ok test them for IQ. Those with an IQ below 85 and their family history are simply not parent material, but rather a huge burden on the community waiting to happen. There is simply no freedom/right to be a burden on others or worse yet to breed offspring who are.

Did you see "Blindside" the movie? That guy had an IQ of 80 when he started in a private Christian school. He graduated from Ole Miss with his IQ up 20 points and on the Deans list, all this while also being a great football player.

Of course, he was adopted by an upper class white family.

I think all 15 of her kids should immediately be given up for adoption so they can have a chance at a decent life.

And did you see the criticism waged against those wonderful people? I just watched "The real story of the Blindside" I cried.

IQ tests are not reliable. I think criminal behavior would be a better predictor of good parenting. Unfortunately we have to wait until the damage is done.

IQ tests are not reliable

IQ can be measured very reliably. Thing is measurement leads to some conclusions with which many are uncomfortable .

I meant they are unreliable as a predictor of parenting skills. It takes far more than intelligence. I'm sure there are some brilliant people who abuse their children as well. Too bad we don't have a test on the ability to love.

A good deal of the problem will go away once we stop treating unwed, unemployed motherhood as a career choice.

So what career choices does an unwed, unemployed mother have?

And I'm not talking about a 45 yo plastic surgeon that happened to drop a kid between doing a boob-job and a butt-lift because she began to feel maternal.

I'm talking about the majority of unwed, unemployed mothers: poor, uneducated, young.

How would you suggest these people begin an alternative career?

IQ tests are not reliable

IQ can be measured very reliably. Thing is measurement leads to some conclusions with which many are uncomfortable .

They're not reliable for a variety of reasons. A person can do exceptionally well on all test pages except math, for example, simply because that person doesn't have the cognitive brain facility needed to dissect mathematical problems but has learned basic math from rote. There are millions of people who are terrible at spelling. They just can't get how words should flow together on paper. Also IQ tests measure what a person has already learned, not what s/he is capable of learning. Someone who took an IQ test at 20 may score 10 or even 20 points higher at age 40.

A good deal of the problem will go away once we stop treating unwed, unemployed motherhood as a career choice.

And I'm not talking about a 45 yo plastic surgeon that happened to drop a kid between doing a boob-job and a butt-lift because she began to feel maternal.

I'm talking about the majority of unwed, unemployed mothers: poor, uneducated, young.

I'm suggesting that having a babies in order to get housing vouchers and money to move away from (stereotypically for a good reason) their own single mothers is not a something we should be encouraging teenage girls to do.

Keeping them in school to get an education so they can have some choices to lead a self-sufficient life would be far better for them and society.

First get a high school diploma or GED. Then take specialty courses available in a myriad of facilities, such as free community adult learning centers for such careers as data processing, secretarial, paralegal, bookkeeping (yeah, it still exists in non-computerized form). There are training centers to become hair stylists, even courses to qualify for a CDL to become over-the-road drivers. In Vermont we have a program called "Reach Up" which trains women to become professional painters, drywall installers, carpenters. They can learn. The problem becomes once they get a job, how secure will it be? Which is a whole 'nuther topic.

what's with the link?

9.gif

No Update. Back To HeadlinesTampa Home
© 2004-2010 LSN, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Forum List

Back