Homeless FL mom with 15 kids

How about this? They put her and her children on a farm so they can lead productive lives and give back to the community. People helping people. Isn't that a real democracy?

What farms? Privately owned farms are struggling to survive against agri-farms which dominate all our food production. They can't afford hired help and are usually family-run operations.
Sounds like 'labour camps'

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I meant they are unreliable as a predictor of parenting skills. It takes far more than intelligence. I'm sure there are some brilliant people who abuse their children as well. Too bad we don't have a test on the ability to love.
:eek: Republicans would never be allowed to reproduce!

I meant they are unreliable as a predictor of parenting skills. It takes far more than intelligence. I'm sure there are some brilliant people who abuse their children as well. Too bad we don't have a test on the ability to love.

Ravi, I'll defend your ass when someone calls you a racist. But that post is just fucking offensive.

Ravi, I'll defend your ass when someone calls you a racist. But that post is just fucking offensive.
Easily offended are you? It was tongue in cheek. But what would happen if the government was allowed to determine someone's ability to love...might be fine if your side was in power but not if the other side was in power.

People don't always think things through.

A good deal of the problem will go away once we stop treating unwed, unemployed motherhood as a career choice.

So what career choices does an unwed, unemployed mother have?

And I'm not talking about a 45 yo plastic surgeon that happened to drop a kid between doing a boob-job and a butt-lift because she began to feel maternal.

I'm talking about the majority of unwed, unemployed mothers: poor, uneducated, young.

How would you suggest these people begin an alternative career?

I'm suggesting that having a babies in order to get housing vouchers and money to move away from (stereotypically for a good reason) their own single mothers is not a something we should be encouraging teenage girls to do.

Keeping them in school to get an education so they can have some choices to lead a self-sufficient life would be far better for them and society.

You realise, I'm not expecting a 50 page comprehensive report, but it sounds like you think having 15 kids and living in a dump is something to which teenage girls all aspire, and that there may be some effort towards getting them to NOT to do anything else!

This is absurd.

But it is an effective way to dodge the question of what to do about the career choices YOU MENTIONED, for poor, unwed, unemployed wimmin.

A good deal of the problem will go away once we stop treating unwed, unemployed motherhood as a career choice.

And I'm not talking about a 45 yo plastic surgeon that happened to drop a kid between doing a boob-job and a butt-lift because she began to feel maternal.

I'm talking about the majority of unwed, unemployed mothers: poor, uneducated, young.

First get a high school diploma or GED. Then take specialty courses available in a myriad of facilities, such as free community adult learning centers for such careers as data processing, secretarial, paralegal, bookkeeping (yeah, it still exists in non-computerized form). There are training centers to become hair stylists, even courses to qualify for a CDL to become over-the-road drivers. In Vermont we have a program called "Reach Up" which trains women to become professional painters, drywall installers, carpenters. They can learn. The problem becomes once they get a job, how secure will it be? Which is a whole 'nuther topic.

Now here's an interesting idea: Get a Diploma, Then get Trained for "Free."

:eusa_hand:

Of course, nothing is "Free."

:eusa_angel:

Who watches the baby (babies) whilst the mother is in class?

"Free" childcare?

Housing? Food?

"Free"

Of course, all this "Free" stuff is because the mother has a child.....back to square one.

I'm suggesting that having a babies in order to get housing vouchers and money to move away from (stereotypically for a good reason) their own single mothers is not a something we should be encouraging teenage girls to do.

Keeping them in school to get an education so they can have some choices to lead a self-sufficient life would be far better for them and society.

You realise, I'm not expecting a 50 page comprehensive report, but it sounds like you think having 15 kids and living in a dump is something to which teenage girls all aspire, and that there may be some effort towards getting them to NOT to do anything else!

This is absurd.

But it is an effective way to dodge the question of what to do about the career choices YOU MENTIONED, for poor, unwed, unemployed wimmin.

It starts with one kid. The mother didn't have a litter, bub.

"However, DCF Spokesman Nick Cox said Adams was hostile, showed no gratitude, and demanded more and more entitlements. In court, Adams said she was glad to have the home but wanted all of the social workers and agencies out of her life."

Typical attitude of the big government lovin' wipe my butt for me because I expect it person. The government should tell her to go pound sand.

Should the State take her Kids?...

:)

peace...

This is absurd.

It starts with one kid. The mother didn't have a litter, bub.

Ok, ONE kid is a freakin' picnic for poor, unwed, uneducated teenage mothers!
:rolleyes:

Ridiculous.

Again, you dodge the question because you know the easiest & cheapest answer is to simply pay for the upkeep of the kid(s).

But I'll try yet a third time: How would you suggest these people begin an alternative career?

"However, DCF Spokesman Nick Cox said Adams was hostile, showed no gratitude, and demanded more and more entitlements. In court, Adams said she was glad to have the home but wanted all of the social workers and agencies out of her life."

Typical attitude of the big government lovin' wipe my butt for me because I expect it person. The government should tell her to go pound sand.

Should the State take her Kids?...

:)

peace...

Why? So they can live in a Foster Home with 14 other kids?

Are you advocating a lifestyle choice for unwed teens that you would not wish to your own daughter to choose?

Our current public policy encourages poor teenage girls to be unwed mothers.

Are you advocating a lifestyle choice for unwed teens that you would not wish to your own daughter to choose?

Our current public policy encourages poor teenage girls to be unwed mothers.

Since you're not going to answer the basic question: What career choices do poor, unwed, uneducated mothers have, I'll answer it for you:

None.

So we have a choice, let them and their kids starve, and then clean up rotting corpses from the roadside a la 14th century Europe, or we pay for their livlihood.

You aren't reading what I posted.

I am advocating for getting rid of policies which encourage teeangers to be unwed mothers in the first place.

Yes They do and our attitudes toward unmarried women giving their children up for adoption should change as well. I had a near stranger hug and thank me once for calling her loving and selfless. She was a 19 year old kid who was giving her future baby to a couple in CA. She said I was the only person who had said that to her (ex her boyfriend). These young women are angels in my opinion.

You aren't reading what I posted.

I am advocating for getting rid of policies which encourage teeangers to be unwed mothers in the first place.

You're logic is severely impaired if you think the only reason teenagers become unwed mothers is because of "policies."

Yes They do and our attitudes toward unmarried women giving their children up for adoption should change as well. I had a near stranger hug and thank me once for calling her loving and selfless. She was a 19 year old kid who was giving her future baby to a couple in CA. She said I was the only person who had said that to her (ex her boyfriend). These young women are angels in my opinion.

Was she Hawt?

Did I say it was The Only Reason?

No.

But the sad fact remains that welfare handouts to teenagers does encourage a destructive set of life altering decisions.

Forum List

Back