Holiday food?

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Well the holidays are right around the corner. What are some of your favorite holiday foods or treats?

I will be cooking a Prime Rib for Christmas, that is always a family favorite. Also looking forward to my sister in-law's spiced wine.

We are having a "traditional" thanksgiving: turkey, gravy, potatoes, yams, carrots, stuffing, cranberries, and if janeeng is a nice girl, homemade pies!

For christmas since I am italian by history, we celebrate on the eve....lots of good food including bagna calde. UMMMMMMM.

Thanks for making me think of it!

Originally posted by MtnBiker
You've got me there Moi, what is bagna calde?

Okay, I'm sure this is gonna sound weird but:

It's olive oil, heated, and flavored with garlic and anchovy paste.

You swirl celery, fennel, carrots, proscuitto wrapped breadsticks, etc. in the warmed, fragrant oil.

I don't even like fish, but I like this stuff.

Originally posted by Moi
Oh, look who's talking mister pickeled herring man. At least I don't leave it in the refrigerator for a month afterwards.

Herring on crackers is awesome, great for football games! :D

And why not leave it in the fridge? I'm done with it!

Originally posted by Moi
Mtnbker: You are obviously a person with highly evolved taste! Jimnyc is a meat and potatoes, pizza and mcd's man. cannot go by him!

In other words, I am the average male. :D

Originally posted by MtnBiker
I don't know about that, you liked "How to lose a guy in 10 days":p:
He also knows all the words to the "Land Before Time" video! Hee Hee

Seriously, ya'll fish for sturgeon? Isn't that a 100 pound fish? How the heck do you lift the thing with a string?

Originally posted by Moi
Mtnbker: You are obviously a person with highly evolved taste! Jimnyc is a meat and potatoes, pizza and mcd's man. cannot go by him!
Thanks Moi, the sad thing is most people around here don't even know what procuitto is.

Yeah I went sturgeon fishing a few years ago with a buddy on the Columbia river, you have to use heavy weight line and huge poles and reels. I've never caught a very big one the largest was about 53 inches, probably weighed about 20lbs. But they do get really big, and ugly.

Forum List

Back