History in ruins

You seem to be saying if blacks wanted to secede today and say, carve out 4-5 states from the south like Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Mississippi you would support it?

I doubt it and you would not get very many people in the south who would support it.

Meh, I'd gladly give blacks all of Floriduh and all of Kaliphornia to Hispanics, lol.

FYI destruction of historical sites, especially at the site of the beginning of human history, makes me want to personally slap the snot out of those knuckle dragging, mouth breathing trogs.
100% agree. Can these incredibly stupid people be arrested for destroying a UNESCO Heritage site? Once historical artifacts like this are lost, they can never be rebuilt. It is a loss to humanity as a whole. Like the fools who burned the library at Alexandria. Good grief. Nothing would be too much punishment for them.

So true, especially the barbarians who want to tear down monuments to the brave American veterans who fought to defend the South in the Civil War.

Right?

You mean the traitors that waged war against the United States and killed thousands of US soldiers?

Yes, the traitors of the Union that were willing to kill their brothers and sisters to keep them from choosing their own destiny.

<<Yes, the traitors of the Union that were willing to kill their brothers and sisters to keep them from choosing their own destiny.>>How about the 'traitors' of the Union were preventing their brothers and sisters from allowing 'forced immigrants' from choosing their own destinies. Eh?

Closer to 700K died, DD, and it was completely the South's fault.

As I said, over 600K died.
You blame the South, I blame the Feds for not allowing human beings to pursue their own destiny

And by 'pursue their own destiny' you mean to continue to enslave other human beings while betraying their oaths to the constitution?

The South murdered tens of thousands to continue to enslave people. There was nothing about that that was 'destiny'. It was a horrid, evil choice.

No different than the South not allowing blacks to pursue theirs.

So blacks were allowed to vote and send representatives to the State legislatures then? They could send senators to the State senate and assembly men to the State house? They had a voice in the policies that effected them? They had a vote in all amendments to the State constitution? The State legislatures offered them an amendment to preserve their rights in perpetuity?

Because I'm pretty sure you're completely full of shit.

The Feds should have allowed the South to secede, and then peacefully pressured and worked with European nations and others to boycott all products manufactured in the South. Any country dealing with the South could have been shamed and boycotted on the world stage.

The US could have allowed its territory to be stolen by traitors and rebels? Why would they ever do this? Why would any sovereign nation?

Technically, any nation can allow itself to be cannibalized by anyone, allow its territory and property to be stolen, allow its people to be attacked and killed.

But why would it? The United States Constitution was created to help prevent such insurrections. It was a direct response to Shay's rebellion. Where the founder's made clear what they thought of rebellions.

Instead, the Federal government took the ultimate steps to stop the secession, and put in motion a bitterness and division that still exists today.

So it was the north that fired on Ft. Sumpter? Because I'm pretty sure that was the South.

The South murdered 10s of thousands of men...in order to preserve slavery. All while violating their oaths to the Constitution and attempting to steal US territory and property.

Worse, none of it was the least bit necessary. As slavery wasn't threatened. There was even support by among the States and Lincoln himself for an amendment to protected slavery in perpetuity.

The South's rebellion was completely unnecessary. As was every death they inflicted to keep slavery alive.

By the way, it's Ft. "Sumter".

There was absolutely nothing in the Constitution or any other legal document in 1861, which precluded any state or group of states from seceding from the United States. The states that chose to secede felt they were on firm legal ground, and in fact were at that time. It wasn't until 1867 the matter for the most part was settled. So, no, they were not traitors for simply no longer wishing to be part of the United States.
As for firing on Sumter, the South feeling it was now a sovereign country could not allow a foreign army on it's soil.
They repeatedly attempted a peaceful solution that would allow the Union army to vacate the fort with no bloodshed.
Unfortunately the Union army would not voluntarily leave, thus forcing the hand of the South to forcefully remove them.

FYI destruction of historical sites, especially at the site of the beginning of human history, makes me want to personally slap the snot out of those knuckle dragging, mouth breathing trogs.
100% agree. Can these incredibly stupid people be arrested for destroying a UNESCO Heritage site? Once historical artifacts like this are lost, they can never be rebuilt. It is a loss to humanity as a whole. Like the fools who burned the library at Alexandria. Good grief. Nothing would be too much punishment for them.

So true, especially the barbarians who want to tear down monuments to the brave American veterans who fought to defend the South in the Civil War.

Right?

You mean the traitors that waged war against the United States and killed thousands of US soldiers?

Yes, the traitors of the Union that were willing to kill their brothers and sisters to keep them from choosing their own destiny.

<<Yes, the traitors of the Union that were willing to kill their brothers and sisters to keep them from choosing their own destiny.>>How about the 'traitors' of the Union were preventing their brothers and sisters from allowing 'forced immigrants' from choosing their own destinies. Eh?

I'm not debating slavery, we all agree it was horendous. Understand though, that was not the reason the federal government opposed secession.

Right?

I'm not debating slavery, we all agree it was horendous. Understand though, that was not the reason the federal government opposed secession.
Digital, I have heard that too, that Lincoln's primary goal was only to preserve the Union. But slavery was the spark, the old unhealing sore the northern Founding Fathers never got over, that set the tinder afire. Preservation of slavery was the primary goal of Davis et al, according to letters I have read, that was the core of secessionist anger against the north.

Right?

Digital, I have heard that too, that Lincoln's primary goal was only to preserve the Union. But slavery was the spark, the old unhealing sore the northern Founding Fathers never got over, that set the tinder afire. Preservation of slavery was the primary goal of Davis et al, according to letters I have read, that was the core of secessionist anger against the north.

There is no doubt slavery was the core issue from the South's perspective.
Anyone that disagrees with that should read Alexander Stephens's (the Confederate Vice President) Cornerstone Speech.

Lincoln's motivation on the other hand, was to preserve the union.

You finally got it right, DD, and, yes, the President was legally authorized to hold the Union together.

What a damn shame.

New footage of Palmyra reveals ISIS destruction

Detailed footage of the devastation caused by Islamic State militants inside Syria's ancient city of Palmyra has been revealed.

The new video shows the world heritage site reduced to rubble as a result of the extremists waging war on the famous landmarks over the past year.

Syrian government forces finally drove ISIS out at the weekend, inflicting what they described as a "mortal blow" to the terror organisation.

ISIS sparked a global outcry when it started destroying Palmyra's monuments, which they consider idolatrous, after taking the city in May 2015.

But Syria's antiquities chief says priceless artefacts have survived better than feared from a campaign of destruction which UNESCO described as a war crime.

New footage of Palmyra reveals ISIS destruction | Fox News
The American Taliban are also destroying our history also. The latest:

Christian cross has no place on L.A. County seal, judge rules

What a damn shame.

New footage of Palmyra reveals ISIS destruction

Detailed footage of the devastation caused by Islamic State militants inside Syria's ancient city of Palmyra has been revealed.

The new video shows the world heritage site reduced to rubble as a result of the extremists waging war on the famous landmarks over the past year.

Syrian government forces finally drove ISIS out at the weekend, inflicting what they described as a "mortal blow" to the terror organisation.

ISIS sparked a global outcry when it started destroying Palmyra's monuments, which they consider idolatrous, after taking the city in May 2015.

But Syria's antiquities chief says priceless artefacts have survived better than feared from a campaign of destruction which UNESCO described as a war crime.

New footage of Palmyra reveals ISIS destruction | Fox News
The American Taliban are also destroying our history also. The latest:

Christian cross has no place on L.A. County seal, judge rules

They better be careful there, Hispanics might not appreciate that.

Forum List

Back