History in ruins

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
What a damn shame.

New footage of Palmyra reveals ISIS destruction

Detailed footage of the devastation caused by Islamic State militants inside Syria's ancient city of Palmyra has been revealed.

The new video shows the world heritage site reduced to rubble as a result of the extremists waging war on the famous landmarks over the past year.

Syrian government forces finally drove ISIS out at the weekend, inflicting what they described as a "mortal blow" to the terror organisation.

ISIS sparked a global outcry when it started destroying Palmyra's monuments, which they consider idolatrous, after taking the city in May 2015.

But Syria's antiquities chief says priceless artefacts have survived better than feared from a campaign of destruction which UNESCO described as a war crime.

New footage of Palmyra reveals ISIS destruction | Fox News

What a damn shame.

Detailed footage of the devastation caused by Islamic State militants inside Syria's ancient city of Palmyra has been revealed.

The new video shows the world heritage site reduced to rubble as a result of the extremists waging war on the famous landmarks over the past year.

Syrian government forces finally drove ISIS out at the weekend, inflicting what they described as a "mortal blow" to the terror organisation.

ISIS sparked a global outcry when it started destroying Palmyra's monuments, which they consider idolatrous, after taking the city in May 2015.

But Syria's antiquities chief says priceless artefacts have survived better than feared from a campaign of destruction which UNESCO described as a war crime.

Praise be Allah.

Yep. It's why confederate sites and monuments shouldn't be destroyed (as the left wants) because history is history good or bad. Leave them. A symbol of bad history we overcame.

Yep. It's why confederate sites and monuments shouldn't be destroyed (as the left wants) because history is history good or bad. Leave them. A symbol of bad history we overcame.
Bucs, I know you want to believe that 'the left' wants to destroy confederate sites and monuments, but it isn't true, and I think you know that too. What's with this slander? Does it make it easier to hate, believing those lies, the same way dehumanizing makes genocide easier?

FYI destruction of historical sites, especially at the site of the beginning of human history, makes me want to personally slap the snot out of those knuckle dragging, mouth breathing trogs.

Bucs, I know you want to believe that 'the left' wants to destroy confederate sites and monuments, but it isn't true, and I think you know that too. What's with this slander? Does it make it easier to hate, believing those lies, the same way dehumanizing makes genocide easier?

FYI destruction of historical sites, especially at the site of the beginning of human history, makes me want to personally slap the snot out of those knuckle dragging, mouth breathing trogs.

I think it's quite likely there are a good number of "the left" that would have no problem seeing a complete cleansing of monuments, flags, etc. dedicated to the confederacy.

100% agree. Can these incredibly stupid people be arrested for destroying a UNESCO Heritage site? Once historical artifacts like this are lost, they can never be rebuilt. It is a loss to humanity as a whole. Like the fools who burned the library at Alexandria. Good grief. Nothing would be too much punishment for them.

I think it's quite likely there are a good number of "the left" that would have no problem seeing a complete cleansing of monuments, flags, etc. dedicated to the confederacy.

The inclination toward Cultural Revolution atrocities is inherent in the leftist mindset.

What a damn shame.

This is what the leftist libtards do here in America too.

They are changing the names of various places that have 'Coon' or 'Squaw' in them because lazy fat ass white boys imagine that someone takes offense at the references to racoons since some people called blacks that back in the time before color TV, and some feminazis insist that 'squaw' was derogatory, even though Indians called them that.

And of course the destruction of the South in the Civil War has been completely rewritten in a simplistic third grade manner. All the Southerners were evil people determined to keep blacks as slaves so they could horse whip them when the mood hit them or rape a young black girl. Joan Baez would be surprised perhaps at this turn of events, but who knows? Libtards are good at nothing if not following orders and spinning on a dime.

blackRebels_zpsznqkdmd6.png

ISIS_LibtardSame_zps0nu7l9p1.jpg

100% agree. Can these incredibly stupid people be arrested for destroying a UNESCO Heritage site? Once historical artifacts like this are lost, they can never be rebuilt. It is a loss to humanity as a whole. Like the fools who burned the library at Alexandria. Good grief. Nothing would be too much punishment for them.

So true, especially the barbarians who want to tear down monuments to the brave American veterans who fought to defend the South in the Civil War.

Right?

digital, you may be right, but I do not know a single soul that would ask for removal of monuments, like battle sites for example, or statues, even of Jubaliah T Cornpone. This is a part of our history, good, bad and ugly. I, and all I know cheered the removal of Stars and Bars from Statehouses, but fought FOR the right to personal displays on their own private property, cars, tattoos, jewelry..whatever. Think about it. It is not the left that wants to gloss over the history of slavery, lynchings, disenfranchisement or any other form of denying Americans equality by changing artifacts or knowledge of those events and turning it into a form of geographic pride. Except on government property. But I do concede with you that some have carried the effort to the point of nausea.

So true, especially the barbarians who want to tear down monuments to the brave American veterans who fought to defend the South in the Civil War.

Right?
I'm not going there with you. My ancestors fought and several died defending the Union; yours apparently fought and died for the confederacy. Why wouldn't you be proud of those people? But it was a long time ago, Jim. I was one of the people advising against taking down confederate monuments lest we warp history. IMO, ignoring the facts is as bad as lying about them. I don't know what the confederate flag symbolizes to southerners. It is up to you in the south to decide if it is being used as a hate banner and if you want to tolerate that. Apparently some southerners disagree with the decision.

Isn't that TORTURE?

It is not the left that wants to gloss over the history of slavery, lynchings, disenfranchisement or any other form of denying Americans equality by changing artifacts or knowledge of those events and turning it into a form of geographic pride. Except on government property.

Confederate cemetaries are government property almsot everyhwere, so I guess you want the monuments removed there too? And I guess the bodies of those evil slave mongering racists burned on a trash pile to get them off of state property too?

And Stone Mountain? And almost every significant Confederate monument is on government property, so they all go too, right?

Lol, you split a very fine hair there, keemosobby, a hair that makes no difference.

Isn't that TORTURE?

Listening to libtards spin everything is mental torture.

I'm not going there with you. My ancestors fought and several died defending the Union; yours apparently fought and died for the confederacy. Why wouldn't you be proud of those people? But it was a long time ago, Jim. I was one of the people advising against taking down confederate monuments lest we warp history. IMO, ignoring the facts is as bad as lying about them. I don't know what the confederate flag symbolizes to southerners. It is up to you in the south to decide if it is being used as a hate banner and if you want to tolerate that. Apparently some southerners disagree with the decision.

Actually my only ancestor that fought in the Civil War commanded the 7th Indiana Infantry Brigade at Fredericksburg and Wilderness and Antietam.

I defend the monuments because I understand the pride Southerners have in fighting to the bitter end for their INDEPENDENCE, not slavery. Defending slavery was the rich mans call, not that of the common people who did all the fighting, bleeding and dying.

Last edited:

Those folks are as screed up as the folks on the right that want to glorify the South, the Confederacy, revise history, and tell that the 1960s happened because of outside agitators, and that the Southern Strategy never happened.

The knuckle draggers on the extremes must be publicly humiliated at every opportunity.

Speaking of ruining history, Virginia was staunchly pro-Union until Lincoln called for the invasion of the seceding States. He even asked Robert E. Lee to lead the Union army before Virginia joined the Confederacy as its most important member.

Last edited:
Speaking of ruining history, Virginia was staunchly pro-Union until Lincoln called for the invasion of the seceding States. He even asked Robert E. Lee to lead the Union army before Virginia joined the Confederacy.
Virginia like Kentucky was trying to be neutral between North and South. The call up of northern militia led VA into the Confederacy. General Winfield Scott asked Lee to stay.

Every time lefties demonstrate against or object to any vestige of the confederate flag they show their ignorance. Unfortunately, ignorance often prevails with lefties and democrats.

Forum List

Back