History in ruins

AvgGuy1A is the historical descendent of the conservatives that moved from the Democratic Party to the GOP. He wishes to honor the South, the confederacy, and its horrible history of race perversion.
It is a fallacy and absurd notion that racists would switch from the Democrat Party to the GOP who championed freedom of the slaves and civil rights. Nothing, no legislation from Republicans was ever crafted to hurt the black man. Can the Democrats say the same? No. Not even unto this day. Their legislation is designed to keep the black man on the plantation. It hasn't changed; only their methods.
Our GOP championed the NAACP, against which you fulminate. By the 1980s, the Southern GOP was voting against common sense civil rights legislation. Our GOP legislation is designed to hurts blacs. And you wonder why blacks keep voting against our GOP. It is because that people like you are in it trying to hurt them. Your silliness, here, once again has been exposed. The fact is that you embrace a system that has parallels in inhumanity to the Third Reich. For shame.

Bucs, I know you want to believe that 'the left' wants to destroy confederate sites and monuments, but it isn't true,

ooooh fucking really??

New Orleans can move ahead with plans to remove prominent Confederate monuments from the city's streets, a fedweral judge ruled Tuesday, delivering a blow to preservationists and a chapter of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier ruled against a collection of groups seeking to block the removal of four monuments, including a towering marble column and bronze statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee, a landmark on the cityscape, reported The Associated Press.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com New Orleans Confederate Monuments Can Go, Rules Judge

now tell us once more how it is NOT true??

Bucs, I know you want to believe that 'the left' wants to destroy confederate sites and monuments, but it isn't true,

ooooh fucking really??

New Orleans can move ahead with plans to remove prominent Confederate monuments from the city's streets, a fedweral judge ruled Tuesday, delivering a blow to preservationists and a chapter of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier ruled against a collection of groups seeking to block the removal of four monuments, including a towering marble column and bronze statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee, a landmark on the cityscape, reported The Associated Press.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com New Orleans Confederate Monuments Can Go, Rules Judge

now tell us once more how it is NOT true??
Hi Wildman! Did you read this part..
"Once removed, he said, the city plans on storing the monuments in a warehouse until a plan is devised to place them in "a private park or museum site where the monuments can be put in a fuller context."

The sculptures are not being destroyed, they are being moved to a more appropriate setting, and off government sites. They are beautiful pieces and should be enjoyed, and if folks wish to honor the work of these men, amen, so be it! Let me also point out that the City Council voted 6-1 to remove the statues, according to the article.

I recognize the bravery of Confederate soldiers as I do that of the incredible German warriors in WWII.

Neither group served though a cause that ennobled mankind.

Slavery was not a noble cause of course, but the tyranny of a federal government willing to murder it's citizens in order to prevent them from secession absolutely was !
Ain't that the way it always goes, though? The people who intentionally set up the inevitable reaction think of themselves as victims when the result they knew was coming came?

Lol, yeah kind of like the Poles provoked Nazi Germany, or the Irish provoked the Brits under Cromwell, or the Boers provoked the Brits under Rhodes, etc.

Libtards blame the victim whenever it suits them.
Dang, Jim! Who shot first?

The Union fired the first shot of the Civil War, firing at a delegation of civilians that approached the fort Pickens demanding its surrender to the State of Florida since Florida had left the Union.

The popular belief that Ft Sumter was the first firing attack of the Civil War is a Union myth.
From Wiki: "By the time of the American Civil War, Fort Pickens had not been occupied since the Mexican–American War. Despite its dilapidated condition, Lieutenant Adam J. Slemmer, in charge of United States forces at Fort Barrancas, determined that Pickens was the most defensible of the posts in the area. His decision to abandon Barrancas was hastened when, around midnight of January 8, 1861, his guards repelled a group of local men intending to take the fort. Some historians suggest that these were the first shots fired by United States forces in the Civil War."

Repelling invaders, whether Pickens or Barrancas, still indicates the first shots fired were by the attackers, not the Union.

FYI destruction of historical sites, especially at the site of the beginning of human history, makes me want to personally slap the snot out of those knuckle dragging, mouth breathing trogs.
100% agree. Can these incredibly stupid people be arrested for destroying a UNESCO Heritage site? Once historical artifacts like this are lost, they can never be rebuilt. It is a loss to humanity as a whole. Like the fools who burned the library at Alexandria. Good grief. Nothing would be too much punishment for them.

So true, especially the barbarians who want to tear down monuments to the brave American veterans who fought to defend the South in the Civil War.

Right?
I'm not going there with you. My ancestors fought and several died defending the Union; yours apparently fought and died for the confederacy. Why wouldn't you be proud of those people? But it was a long time ago, Jim. I was one of the people advising against taking down confederate monuments lest we warp history. IMO, ignoring the facts is as bad as lying about them. I don't know what the confederate flag symbolizes to southerners. It is up to you in the south to decide if it is being used as a hate banner and if you want to tolerate that. Apparently some southerners disagree with the decision.

I have ancestors that fought on both sides.

I'll bet they had to be real careful changing uniforms all the time.

Yep. It's why confederate sites and monuments shouldn't be destroyed (as the left wants) because history is history good or bad. Leave them. A symbol of bad history we overcame.
Bucs, I know you want to believe that 'the left' wants to destroy confederate sites and monuments, but it isn't true, and I think you know that too. What's with this slander? Does it make it easier to hate, believing those lies, the same way dehumanizing makes genocide easier?

FYI destruction of historical sites, especially at the site of the beginning of human history, makes me want to personally slap the snot out of those knuckle dragging, mouth breathing trogs.
That's your problem pal.
Your reaction is to 'bitch slap' the fucking sub-humans.
Their reaction is to cut your fucling head off.
Wise up.

I recognize the bravery of Confederate soldiers as I do that of the incredible German warriors in WWII.

Slavery was not a noble cause of course, but the tyranny of a federal government willing to murder it's citizens in order to prevent them from secession absolutely was !
Said like a true unAmerican person. The Third Reich and the Confederacy were properly dealt with.

The un-Americans were the ones physically forcing states to remain in the Union against their will.

Said like a true unAmerican person. The Third Reich and the Confederacy were properly dealt with.

The un-Americans were the ones physically forcing states to remain in the Union against their will.

The so-called confederate traitors' illegal session was un-American.

Yep. It's why confederate sites and monuments shouldn't be destroyed (as the left wants) because history is history good or bad. Leave them. A symbol of bad history we overcame.
Bucs, I know you want to believe that 'the left' wants to destroy confederate sites and monuments, but it isn't true, and I think you know that too. What's with this slander? Does it make it easier to hate, believing those lies, the same way dehumanizing makes genocide easier?

So, why do Leftists insist on changing words in Mark Twain's novels?

A literary reflection of historical times and events should be respected and revered just as a physical expression thereof.

100% agree. Can these incredibly stupid people be arrested for destroying a UNESCO Heritage site? Once historical artifacts like this are lost, they can never be rebuilt. It is a loss to humanity as a whole. Like the fools who burned the library at Alexandria. Good grief. Nothing would be too much punishment for them.

So true, especially the barbarians who want to tear down monuments to the brave American veterans who fought to defend the South in the Civil War.

Right?

You mean the traitors that waged war against the United States and killed thousands of US soldiers?

They were just following in the footsteps of their grandfathers from 1776.

Nope

Right?

You mean the traitors that waged war against the United States and killed thousands of US soldiers?

Yes, the traitors of the Union that were willing to kill their brothers and sisters to keep them from choosing their own destiny.

Nope

Yep.

Having a revolution so you can continue to enslave millions of people isn't why the US was created. It was why the Southern States rebelled.

And you forgot another relevant distinction: the founders were winners. The south, losers.

Right?

Yes, the traitors of the Union that were willing to kill their brothers and sisters to keep them from choosing their own destiny.

The Southern States rebelled and violated their oath to uphold the constitution. The traitors wages war against the United States, killing tens of thousands of our soldiers. All in a futile attempt to continue to enslave millions of people.

That's their legacy.

Having a revolution so you can continue to enslave millions of people isn't why the US was created. It was why the Southern States rebelled.

And you forgot another relevant distinction: the founders were winners. The south, losers.

A revolution should not have been necessary. The founders were fine, unfortunately their offspring turned out to be no different than the tyranists of mother England.

Right?

The Southern States rebelled and violated their oath to uphold the constitution. The traitors wages war against the United States, killing tens of thousands of our soldiers. All in a futile attempt to continue to enslave millions of people.

That's their legacy.

Over 600,000 Americans were killed thanks to the fact that the federal government refused to allow states the rights to their own destiny.
You can choose to join the union, but you cannot choose to leave.
Lincoln caused the death of an entire generation of Americans.

Forum List

Back