Hispanic Voters Now Evenly Split Between Democrats and Republicans

If this trend continues it will be incredibly problematic for the Democrats. They've been hedging their bets on the browning of America to ultimately put them in permanent majority status, but as we've seen over the past couple of years with a sizable shift of Hispanic voters to the GOP, they are no longer buying what the Democratic Party is selling them, at least for now.

And "woke" white leftists patronizing them with nonsense like this probably doesn't help either

The dems moved all in on voter fraud, the non-living and illegals as their base

The only shitty thing in my great nation is allowing idiot coward weaklings like you to stay.
Why does your scared punkass alway hack the context out that makes you piss yourself? Why can’t /don’t you address the scary shit?
Try again bud.

”A darker America is a shittier America…it’s just that simple Gustavo. The data is everywhere..sorry the truth hurts your feelings.
PER THE GLOBAL DATA….You should do all you can to slow the browning of America…but, but,but….personal feelings come before the state of the union..right?”

....…it’s just that simple Gustavo. ....

Oh look, you used a Latino name again! How original and not at all mindlessly repetitive, stupid, infantile banality! You're an idiot and a clown, coward. GTFO of my country.

My comment stand. Not a single sentence in your article addressed it. Next time post relevant counter-evidence.

You can stand where ever you want. The numbers say you're wrong and you and your party denying it certainly aren't hurting me. Deny away!

Latino shifts toward Trump were widely dispersed geographically. Hispanic shifts toward Trump were not confined to Florida (28 points) and Texas (18 points) but also included states like Wisconsin (20 points), Nevada (18 points), Pennsylvania (12 points), Arizona (10 points) and Georgia (8 points).

You can stand where ever you want. The numbers say you're wrong and you and your party denying it certainly aren't hurting me. Deny away!

Latino shifts toward Trump were widely dispersed geographically. Hispanic shifts toward Trump were not confined to Florida (28 points) and Texas (18 points) but also included states like Wisconsin (20 points), Nevada (18 points), Pennsylvania (12 points), Arizona (10 points) and Georgia (8 points).

from the link
An important thing to remember about the Hispanic population is that they are heavily oriented toward upward mobility and see themselves as being able to benefit from available opportunities to attain that. Three-fifths of Latinos in the national exit poll said they believed life would be better for the next generation of Americans.

They are also patriotic. By well over 3:1, Hispanics in the VSG survey said they would rather be a citizen of the United States than any other country in the world and by 35 points said they were proud of the way American democracy works. These findings on patriotism are confirmed by results from the 2020 More in Common Identity and Belonging study, where the views of Hispanics contrasted starkly with the negative views of progressive activists.

Clearly, this constituency does not harbor particularly radical views on the nature of American society and its supposed intrinsic racism and white supremacy. They are instead a patriotic, upwardly mobile, working class group with quite practical and down to earth concerns. Democrats will either learn to focus on that or they will continue to lose ground among this vital group of voters.

Let's see...

2000: Hispanics vote blue by 27 points.
2004: Hispanics vote blue by 10 points.
2008: Hispanics vote blue by 36 points.
2012: Hispanics vote blue by 44 points.
2016: Hispanics vote blue by 36 points.
2020: Hispanics vote blue by 32 points.

I don't believe for a second that it's going to be evenly split or anything close to that. But they are trending in the wrong direction - I can agree with that.

However, I'm not sure it really matters as they are also growing in size. In 2000, Hispanics were 7% of the electorate. 20 years later, they were 13%. Well actually, we can see if it matters. Let's crunch some more numbers.

Let's look at the 2012 election (Democrats had a huge lead among Hispanic voters) and the 2020 election (significant decline but also more Hispanic voters).

2012: Hispanics made about 10% of the electorate and Democrats won Hispanics by 44 points. Hispanics gave Democrats about a 5,700,000 net gain in votes.

2020: Hispanics made about 13% of the electorate and Democrats won Hispanics by 32 points. Hispanics gave Democrats about a 6,600,000 net gain in votes.

So let's see...

It looks to me like Hispanics are trending more Republican but the Hispanic population is also growing rapidly, which is good for Democrats. Assuming my math is correct, Hispanics are still helping Democrats even as they have trended more conservative over the last 8 years.

Last edited:
More on this change of voting patterns buy Ruy Teixeira who basically wrote the Democrats' playbook on a path to permanent majority status through Hispanics.

A few points:

1. A recent Dallas Morning News poll found Biden's support at 35% approval and 54% disapproval among Texas Hispanics
  2. Democrat Terry McAuliffe actually lost the Latino vote.
  3. Hispanic voters moved in large numbers to Donald Trump between 2016 and 2020. And not just in Florida and Texas — the shift was also seen in Wisconsin, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Georgia.
  4. Latino voters appear to be increasingly turned off by the Democratic Party itself, and particularly by its progressive leaders
  5. Hispanic voters did not want to defund the police
  6. And they didn't like the idea of reparations
  7. Hispanic voters are repelled by the anti-Americanism of some progressives

You just have to believe the defund the police movement, the open border, the forced mandates, the blatant support for speech suppression…etc etc is driving them away as well….right?

God so much excellent news today. What a Merry Christmas

You just have to believe the defund the police movement, the open border, the forced mandates, the blatant support for speech suppression…etc etc is driving them away as well….right?

You cucks just keep waiting for black voter support.... it's coming any day now... :lmao:

Verily it does not matter which rats or how many rats abandon the sinking democrat ship. Democrat owned and run media will simply lie, as always, and claim everyone in America supports their insane political and ideological platforms. Most good Americans will be too afraid for their lives and careers and children in democrat run public schools to object.

How soon the dems forget, just last moth this happened in TX.

Republican John Lujan won a special election runoff for Texas House District 118 on Tuesday, flipping the seat red.

Lujan won with 51.2% of the vote, while his Democrat rival Frank Ramirez had 48.8%, according to unofficial results. The district is in San Antonio in south Texas, indicating Republicans are gaining a foothold in the heavily Hispanic area.

President Joe Biden won the district by 14 points in 2020.

Republican John Lujan flips Texas House seat in San Antonio

Forum List

Back