Hertz to Sell 20,000 EVs in Shift Back to Gas-Powered Cars

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
EV’s 1890’s meets EV’s 2030’s.

Nice idea but impractical.

The collapse of EV’s is nearly complete.

EV's would be great if the incentive was intended to actually benefit the people. Instead they're political weapons. The push for EV's with MMGW as the motivator ensures at least half the people resist their spread, a complete lack of public investment into creating the infrastructure required to make battery powered travel efficient is deliberate, and the cost of them is beyond the budgets of most working class commuters. Nobody wants to sit at a charging station when they could've pumped fuel in a fraction of the time. As usual, greed triumphs over public progress.

I love the hate. It is so stupid. My Tesla Model 3 theoretically saves me about $100/month in fuel cost. I say "theoretically" because I have six months of FREE supercharging, and it hasn't cost me anything yet. I haven't actually had the benefit of the $9.500 in tax credits yet, but I'm thinking they will be nice.

I watched a video today about a wonderful "Callaway C8" Camaro, made in limited numbers in the mid-90's with a 435HP turbocharged engine that would trounce a Viper or Corvette ZR-1 of the day. My Tesla would walk away from all three of them on a dragstrip. Yawn.

After my 6 months of free charging is over I will probably never have to spend time at a Supercharger again. Although it is true that juicing the car up can take as long as 45 minutes if the tank is near zero and you want a full charge, that is no big deal. Believe it of not, I have NO PROBLEM spending a half hour at a supercharger now a couple times a week. I have this little device called a cellular phone and I can listen to music and podcasts, watch YouTube videos, or talk to friends.

They have been using Tesla Model S's as taxicabs in Europe for more than a decade and they are performing marvelously. When they leave the garage in the morning, fully charged, they have enough range to cover a twelve hour shift with no problem. Parenthetically, they are getting more than 300,000 miles on the batteries. If Hertz has given up on Tesla EV's, it's not due to any problem with the car; there is a problem with the idiots who rent them.

I love the hate. It is really stupid.

boy hertz jumped on this band wagon....lol

sorry for the double post

EVs are simply not ready for prime time. Perhaps in a few decades or so.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize this but the Biden administration was unable to see the obvious.

True which might be an indication how much disinterest there is in EVs.
Yep...at least 50% are never buying an EV. Conservative estimate, of course.

Been saying in here for 5 years... Americans don't want EV's. With each passing year it becomes more apparent.

Lots of reasons but most notably, people just don't want the hassle and know they can never sell it....:bye1::bye1::bye1:

I love the hate. It is so stupid. My Tesla Model 3 theoretically saves me about $100/month in fuel cost. I say "theoretically" because I have six months of FREE supercharging, and it hasn't cost me anything yet. I haven't actually had the benefit of the $9.500 in tax credits yet, but I'm thinking they will be nice.

I watched a video today about a wonderful "Callaway C8" Camaro, made in limited numbers in the mid-90's with a 435HP turbocharged engine that would trounce a Viper or Corvette ZR-1 of the day. My Tesla would walk away from all three of them on a dragstrip. Yawn.

After my 6 months of free charging is over I will probably never have to spend time at a Supercharger again. Although it is true that juicing the car up can take as long as 45 minutes if the tank is near zero and you want a full charge, that is no big deal. Believe it of not, I have NO PROBLEM spending a half hour at a supercharger now a couple times a week. I have this little device called a cellular phone and I can listen to music and podcasts, watch YouTube videos, or talk to friends.

They have been using Tesla Model S's as taxicabs in Europe for more than a decade and they are performing marvelously. When they leave the garage in the morning, fully charged, they have enough range to cover a twelve hour shift with no problem. Parenthetically, they are getting more than 300,000 miles on the batteries. If Hertz has given up on Tesla EV's, it's not due to any problem with the car; there is a problem with the idiots who rent them.

I drive an 8 year old Highlander limited. I plan on keeping it another 8 years. Drive all over America with it.

You’ll be scraping your car after 7-10 years when you face the $60K battery replacement cost. And you can only drive local unless you want a nightmare trip.

IMG_8988.jpeg

EV’s have been around for 120 years.
True, but they haven’t really caught on yet.

Before they do there will have to be improvements in the batteries including measures to make sure if the battery is involved in a minor accident or partially submerged in water it remains reliable.

In Florida, I have often had to drive down a flooded street. Often I have been rear ended and once was in the center of a minor three car accident. I never had any problems with the engine. Internal combustion engines survive such minor problems Rather well.

Forum List

Back