Here's a idea!

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Why not just allow Americans the choice of ONE welfare item to receive! What would they choose? Food? Housing? Healthcare? Telephones?

Right now the taxpayer has to pay all those bills for the poor. How long do you think that is sustainable?

Considering we are only 20T in debt with over 100T in unfunded liabilities, I don't see a problem :dunno:

Fucking pisses me off how we can give poor people gas money to drive to day care or free phone service but we have 1 in 5 kids who go to bed hungry and roughly 600K homeless people.
WTF?!

Why not just allow Americans the choice of ONE welfare item to receive! What would they choose? Food? Housing? Healthcare? Telephones?

Right now the taxpayer has to pay all those bills for the poor. How long do you think that is sustainable?
Telephones for sure. Without a phone the millennials would go stark raving mad and there would be beaucoup more massacres. Besides, they wouldn't be able to communicate with their table companions. A no-brainer.

Since redistribution seems to be the way to go for the left, how about we redistribute within families?

If we stopped giving foreign aid for one year, I could almost guarantee we could help solve problems like the ones I mentioned earlier.
Why are weapons and feeding THEIR people more important than ours?
Take that "exceptionalism" and shove it up your ass!

If we stopped giving foreign aid for one year, I could almost guarantee we could help solve problems like the ones I mentioned earlier.
Why are weapons and feeding THEIR people more important than ours?
Take that "exceptionalism" and shove it up your ass!

Why not cut back the Congress pay and lifetime full health insurance, pay for working 2 years ( 7 days a month )
And the ability for them to be paid off by corruption ..

We do not live in a system where many in our government work for the people, they need a lot of money for their next campaign ...Poor people don't have the money to fund their campaign or cushy lifestyles ..

Cut off all old people's social security and medicare.

That'll solve the problem.

Er, no.

How much of the federal budget goes to foreign aid?

What's your best guess? 10 percent? 20 percent? 1 percent?

If you're like most Americans, you probably guessed wrong.

In December, the Kaiser Family Foundation polled 1,505 people. Only 1 in 20 knew the right answer: less than 1 percent of the $4 trillion federal budget goes to foreign aid. The average respondent estimated that 26 percent went toward assisting other countries.​

Guess How Much Of Uncle Sam's Money Goes To Foreign Aid. Guess Again!

How many of us have been behind a food stamp recipient in line at the grocery and been a bit boggled eyed, disgusted and a bit jealous of their food choices for the month or week? It's junk food heaven with some great cuts of beef thrown in. Not ALL of them of course, but enough to where folks notice. Also found in the basket may be 147 beers and some bottles of liquor and other juicy items.
Considering this country is inhabited by the fattest people on the globe I think if there are children going to bed hungry it's the fault of the parent, not the government. The gov. doesn't spent their food stamps unwisely or trade them for drugs, the parents do.
You have it rough when you're poor... no doubt, but it doesn't have to be as rough for some of these kids as it is

Feed the elderly to the poor

Er, no.

How much of the federal budget goes to foreign aid?

What's your best guess? 10 percent? 20 percent? 1 percent?

If you're like most Americans, you probably guessed wrong.

In December, the Kaiser Family Foundation polled 1,505 people. Only 1 in 20 knew the right answer: less than 1 percent of the $4 trillion federal budget goes to foreign aid. The average respondent estimated that 26 percent went toward assisting other countries.​

Guess How Much Of Uncle Sam's Money Goes To Foreign Aid. Guess Again!
Why is percent so important? Besides, wouldn't that be like 50 billion dollars?

Why? They paid for those.

How many of us have been behind a food stamp recipient in line at the grocery and been a bit boggled eyed, disgusted and a bit jealous of their food choices for the month or week? It's junk food heaven with some great cuts of beef thrown in. Not ALL of them of course, but enough to where folks notice. Also found in the basket may be 147 beers and some bottles of liquor and other juicy items.
Considering this country is inhabited by the fattest people on the globe I think if there are children going to bed hungry it's the fault of the parent, not the government. The gov. doesn't spent their food stamps unwisely or trade them for drugs, the parents do.
You have it rough when you're poor... no doubt, but it doesn't have to be as rough for some of these kids as it is
I remember being poor. Did not have two nickels to rub together. Had two bad kidney infections and no insurance so I had to get well at home!

Same here willowtree...when hubby and I first got married we were poor as dirt. I think we ate the packaging the food came in to provide a little fill.

i know, the old folks, the real merkans, had to eat newspaper soup, and, if they were lucky, were allowed to go to school, on foot, 20 miles, uphill, both ways, in a blizzard.

Last edited:
i know, the old folks, the real merkans, had to eat newspaper soup, and, if they were lucky, were allowed to go to school, on foot, 20 miles, uphill, both ways, in a blizzard.
Plus, I had to carry my brother on my back. It was ruff.

Forum List

Back