Hello everyone.

1stNickD

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2020
Merry Christmas,

I signed in here a long time ago and then became to busy to post. I have been a Democrat since Carter but have found myself struggling to ever vote blue again. As a centrist it seems that there are relevent points to be made from both sides but we need to move away from the extremes of both the left and the right, because a house divided against itself cannot stand. We live on a dangerous planet and hopefully people will wake up and realize there's no guarante our freedoms will always be here.

People deserve to be paid a fair days pay for a fair days work, but there shouldn't be free money passed out like parade candy either.

a1621c7aa39257e3e787859ec8b6547d.jpg

Welcome to the Jungle.

You can have anything you want, but you better
not take it from me.

Merry Christmas,

I signed in here a long time ago and then became to busy to post. I have been a Democrat since Carter but have found myself struggling to ever vote blue again. As a centrist it seems that there are relevent points to be made from both sides but we need to move away from the extremes of both the left and the right, because a house divided against itself cannot stand. We live on a dangerous planet and hopefully people will wake up and realize there's no guarante our freedoms will always be here.

People deserve to be paid a fair days pay for a fair days work, but there shouldn't be free money passed out like parade candy either.

What you want is Proportional Representation, where everyone's vote is equal, less corruption, more sensible politics. The FPTP way of electing people leads to two corrupt parties that control everything.

because a house divided against itself cannot stand.
Gee, that's rather clever. You should write that down and save it.

We live on a dangerous planet
Yes, it keeps spinning at about 1,000 mph @ the equator and it is making me really sea sick.

and hopefully people will wake up and realize there's no guarante our freedoms will always be here.
Anything that has a beginning, has an end.

I figured out that as of 2020, you had to make $13.00/hr just to break even with minimum wage in the late '70s, and you can bet that is even worse now in Joe Biden's late 2021! Then think how many people don't even make that much. This is part of the price we pay for trying to compete globally where we have one of the highest standards of living while our worst competition gets to use cheap forced slave labor.

Yes, I am a Democrat still, but barely. Just got kicked out of MSNs new posting boards because I have been criticising the the left too often. Nothing vulgar, though certainly cuttng, but that doesn't meet their censorship guidlines.

The left is controlling the government now so they are ones who should be criticised, and they have done much for which to be criticized for... I will be the same towards the right when they win after the next election, if they do things I disagree with. And I am sure they will.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand", I should have given Lincoln credit, they were obviously his words. but they ring as true now as they did when he uttered them, not only for why he used them in the first place, but because of what we have happening across our land today.

Thanks for the welcome, folks.

I'm not sure why I was tagged but I changed my username again just so you guys know and welcome to the OP. :)

Oy. SEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Meanwhile....I was a dem for most of my life. That stopped when the party JFK belonged to went to Insanityville. Just like LA RAM FAN said. Yep. Unfortunately, some really good folks are still under the impression it was as it was during jfks time. It ain't.

Welcome to usmb. Wear armor.

Skye is one of those people who doesn't do reality. She does the fantasy that Republicans are 100% right all the time and democrats 100% wrong all the time, no matter what.
Stop lying about skye,just because she likes trump does not mean she is a Republican,it’s a well known fact she hates bush,everyone knows thst.she very much does reality.it’s you who doesn’t,

as I said before Nick,I totally get it you being a Democrat back in Carter’s days and liking carter but the democrat party as we once knew it that made you proud to be a Democrat when kennedy was in office our last great president,and even carter as well,thst party no longer exists anymore,it is now the DEMONRAT party thanks to the likes of asswipes Clinton,Obama and now Biden.RFK jr has even said he is horrified by what the Democrat party has become now.thousands across America are fleeing the party in droves,left and right.people thst have been democrats fir decades. Welcome to the site and Come on over to the populist republicans where you will also be welcomed with open arms. :up:

oh and Merry Christmas to you as well.:)

Last edited:
Merry Christmas,

Welcome to USMB, 1stNickD. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Forum List

Back