'He Has Blood On His Hands': Columbia University Study Shows That Trump Could Have Avoided Over 130 Thousand Deaths

I'm not surprised with this article. We watched it all happen before our eyes since last winter.

Now, over 220 thousand people are dead. One of them is my favorite aunt.

We learn that at least over 132 thousand people wouldn't have died if trump had followed his own heath experts and did what Canada did. Or if he did what Germany did we would have saved over 179 thousand lives.

We were the leaders of the word. In just 4 years with trump we have become a laughing stock.

If only Trump had open borders nobody would have caught the ChiCom flu!

Dumbass.

I'm wondering why so many anti-maskers are so sure that wearing masks are useless. I opt on the side of being safe since it may be the difference between life and death for the user (me)and also for the person on the other end of the unfiltered cough or heavy breath. It's consideration for others.
Takes a real moron to think a t shirt over your head filters out a virus.
Congrats.

I'm not surprised with this article. We watched it all happen before our eyes since last winter.

We learn that at least over 132 thousand people wouldn't have died if trump had followed his own heath experts and did what Canada did. Or if he did what Germany did we would have saved over 179 thousand lives.

We were the leaders of the word. In just 4 years with trump we have become a laughing stock.

So you're a Democrat....so what?

Actually I've been a registered Independent since 1978 when I first registered to vote.

I've voted a variety of parties through the years. I vote for the person, not the party.

The republicans have sent us Independents running in horror from them.

What trump and you far right radical extremists don't understand, no one can win an election without Independents like me.

Sure trump has the far right radical extremists as his base who will vote for trump no matter what.

Your problem is that there aren't enough of you far right radical extremists to elect trump.

You've driven away the moderates and Independents like me.

Just saying I'm a democrat doesn't make it true nor does it make the article I posted untrue.

Have fun in your denial.

Actually I've been a registered Independent since 1978 when I first registered to vote.

I've voted a variety of parties through the years. I vote for the person, not the party.

What trump and you far right radical extremists don't understand, no one can win an election without Independents like me.

Sure trump has the far right radical extremists as his base who will vote for trump no matter what.

Your problem is that there aren't enough of you far right radical extremists to elect trump.

Just saying I'm a democrat doesn't make it true nor does it make the article I posted untrue.

Have fun in your denial.
Independent my ass. You’re an idiot who hates America and American values.

Columbia touting mask wearing..... Thats Rich! Even the CDC's own data shows that 86% of people contracting COVID in July and August wore masks all of the time or most of the time...

Their Model is bull shit as it assumes things that are disproved by empirical data facts....

NEXT........

I'm wondering why so many anti-maskers are so sure that wearing masks are useless. I opt on the side of being safe since it may be the difference between life and death for the user (me)and also for the person on the other end of the unfiltered cough or heavy breath. It's consideration for others.
Congrats.
LOL

Like using chain link fence as a screen for mosquito's....

Congrats.
LOL

This whole mask thing has accomplished only one thing - to expose the submissive idiots who have the education of a Brazilian rainforest tribal member who’s never been 2 miles from the village.
I see people in the woods all by themselves wearing masks. Driving alone in their car. It’s pathetic.

I'm sure Donald Trump consider this last February when his advisors were telling him we could lose half million people to this virus.
Half million, that's only 17% of the deaths and less than .15% of population. That leaves us plenty of people to keep the economy growing. And since most of the deaths are going to be old forts, Blacks, Hispanics we don't need. So we just tell the people it's just the flu. Keep the economy going and ignore all the scientists or you'll lose your jobs and the market will crash. However, Trump never considered that these were real people with parents, kids, and friends that care a lot more about them than the Dow Jones Average and the GDP.
Oh shut up. PRotect yourself moron.....or do you need daddy govt to do everything for you
I'm not concerned about myself, but I'm concerned about about my 89 year old neighbor, my grandson who's diabetic and has Cystic Fibrosis, and a very nice lady who volunteers at the senior center who works in a hospital often with Covid patients. These people may well be expendable by Trump and his supporters but there're a lot of us that do care and resent the fact that we have a president who just doesn't give a damn about others. He's traded off thousands of lives to win an election which he may well lose.
Your grandson who has diabetes and cystic fibrosis is already dead. Seems to me you're the one who has blood on your hands for your careless passing on of bad Genes to your children.
You don't deserve a second term as a father or a grandfather. Yes in fact I think we will impeach you based on your grandson's bad health.

Jo
You express so well, the attitude of Trump; the old, the sick, and the weak are going to die so why should we care. Thankfully, most American do care and I think that will be made clear on election day.

“The greatness of a nation can be judged by how it treats its weakest member,”
Mahatma Gandhi

I express the attitude of a non retard. The old sick and weak are going to die just like all the rest of us. Politicizing it is the most weasley thing any human being can do especially with your own family.....that is disgusting and disqualifies you from being a Grandfather to a toad never mind a person. Yeah...Gandhi was great alright.....he sat on his ass and waited for other people to feed him....If I were you I wouldn't try that here.

JO

Congrats.
LOL

Like most of the masks that people use there really is no protection over 95 microns.

JO

Congrats.
LOL

Like most of the masks that people use there really is no protection over 95 microns.

JO
Try 12,095 microns. Almost everyone uses t shirt grade masks.

Congrats.
LOL

JO
As they do not seal they are pretty much worthless....

Why would anyone only use a “T-shirt” quality mask when better N95 masks are now widely available and inexpensive? I use simple blue surgical masks occasionally because they are so comfortable and to show respect for the law and others, but inside stores or where there are crowds I use an N95 mask. Outside on my own, in my car, or with my wife, of course I use nothing and enjoy the fresh air! Nobody says masks are a guarantee you will not get or spread the virus, but it makes sense to take every reasonable precaution at this time. Especially if you are an old timer like me with asthma and lung problems from spending decades inhaling steel dust!

I'm not surprised with this article. In just 4 years with trump we have become a laughing stock.

You never surprise me, Dunno. Meantime, in the real world, people with a clue know that the USA is actually 53rd in the world in Covid fatalities. 52 nations have higher death rates than we do. This was just covered in a thread a few days ago.

Kind of like how all those ads I see on TV saying Biden has a "plan" about COVID and yet it never goes into any details.
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have a seven-point plan to beat COVID-19 and get our country back on track.

Jees, Plaything, you sure love to stroke yourself and get stroked. Do you actually look at those plans critically to see the gaping flaw in their plans?

Have fun in your denial.

There is nothing extreme about Trump. His platform was jobs and immigration control. Hardly radical.

People who order the cops to stand down so the mob can rule the streets burning and killing?

THAT'S RADICAL.

Kind of like how all those ads I see on TV saying Biden has a "plan" about COVID and yet it never goes into any details.
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have a seven-point plan to beat COVID-19 and get our country back on track.

Jees, Plaything, you sure love to stroke yourself and get stroked. Do you actually look at those plans critically to see the gaping flaw in their plans?

You know, it's funny that with as upset as libs pretend to be about the 200k number, that they aren't making more political hay over that 7 point plan....
;

Almost like they know it is all bullshit.

People who hate free people in America have usurped workers who have no choice but to work endless hours to earn a bowl of rice a day and live in plastic cardboard houses, and die of famine when food is in short supply, work for overlords whose every whim is supplied with no concern for those whose lives are cut short by the ambition to destroy those on the other side of the world to supply their amusement for one more conquest. Evil people at the top of power stolen from the American people by arranging a society that gives them equal power to make masses poor so they can be rich, rich, rich, and pursue false science to be used as a method of maki g free men their slaves just like in one jewel in the kingpin's crown away from starvation and having no place to go, having their living snatched away by power's ambition.

No thanks. We need to keep America great with opportunities for all to pursue happiness with security to have care in our old age. That takes trust. If leaders lie and cheat people by rerouting social security to themselves disgracefully, we need to prevent them from using the government responsible for the medical and living costs of those who can no longer take care of themselves. And the fill.my.pockets. cheaters at the top need to be driven away as ruthlessly as the chinese steal our patents and take away our artists work through multiple thefts of replicating someone else's hard work without remuneration to the owner.

Make no mistake. The Bidens screw America out of billions of money paid in taxes they use for 30 percent rerouted to themselves. End it now. Vote the bum out.

And they set up bad things for noncommunists who win the vote to continue making America great for everyone including those who cannot take care of themselves any more. Public service is not for those who seek all that money paid in taxation of the people, by the people, and for the people, not just the few screwups to plunder.

LOL, a study.

1. 1

Fix Trump’s testing-and-tracing fiasco to ensure all Americans have access to regular, reliable, and free testing.
    • Double the number of drive-through testing sites.
    • Invest in next-generation testing, including at home tests and instant tests, so we can scale up our testing capacity by orders of magnitude.
    • Stand up a Pandemic Testing Board like Roosevelt’s War Production Board. It’s how we produced tanks, planes, uniforms, and supplies in record time, and it’s how we can produce and distribute tens of millions of tests.
    • Establish a U.S. Public Health Jobs Corps to mobilize at least 100,000 Americans across the country with support from trusted local organizations in communities most at risk to perform culturally competent approaches to contact tracing and protecting at-risk populations.
  2. 2

Fix personal protective equipment (PPE) problems for good.
    Joe Biden will take responsibility, rather than leave states, cities, tribes, and territories to fend for themselves, and focus on producing more of these critical supplies in the United States. He will:
    • Fully use the Defense Production Act to ramp up production of masks, face shields, and other PPE so that the national supply of personal protective equipment exceeds demand and our stores and stockpiles — especially in hard-hit areas that serve disproportionately vulnerable populations — are fully replenished.
    • Build now toward a future, flexible American-sourced and manufactured capability to ensure we are not dependent on other countries in a crisis.
  3. 3

Provide clear, consistent, evidence-based national guidance for how communities should navigate the pandemic — and the resourcesfor schools, small businesses, and families to make it through.
    • Social distancing is not a lightswitch. It is a dial. Joe Biden will direct the CDC to provide specific evidence-based guidance for how to turn the dial up or down relative to the level of risk and degree of viral spread in a community, including when to open or close certain businesses, bars, restaurants, and other spaces; when to open or close schools, and what steps they need to take to make classrooms and facilities safe; appropriate restrictions on size of gatherings; when to issue stay-at-home restrictions.
    • Establish a renewable fund for state and local governments to help prevent budget shortfalls, which may cause states to face steep cuts to teachers and first responders.
    • Call on Congress to pass an emergency package to ensure schools have the additional resources they need to adapt effectively to COVID-19.
    • Provide a “restart package” that helps small businesses cover the costs of operating safely, including things like plexiglass and PPE.
  4. 4

Plan for the effective, equitable distribution of treatments and vaccinesbecause discovering isn’t enough if they get distributed like Trump’s testing and PPE fiascos.
    • Invest $25 billion in a vaccine manufacturing and distribution plan that will guarantee it gets to every American, cost-free.
    • As we enter the height of the political season, politics should play no role in determining the safety and efficacy of any vaccine. The following 3 principles should guide us: Put scientists in charge of all decisions on safety and efficacy; publicly release clinical data for any vaccine the FDA approves; authorize career staff to write a written report for public review and permit them to appear before Congress and speak publicly uncensored.
    • Ensure everyone — not just the wealthy and well-connected — in America receives the protection and care they deserve, and consumers are not price gouged as new drugs and therapies come to market.
  5. 5

Protect Older Americans and Others at High Risk.
    Joe Biden understands that Trump’s failed response has made older Americans and others at high-risk even more vulnerable.
  6. 6

Rebuild and expand the defenses that Trump has dismantled to predict, prevent, and mitigate pandemic threats, including those coming from China.
    • Immediately restore the White House National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense, which was established by the Obama-Biden Administration and eliminated by the Trump Administration in 2018.
    • Immediately restore our relationship with the World Health Organization, which — while not perfect — is essential to coordinating a global response during a pandemic.
    • Re-launch and strengthen U.S. Agency for International Development’s pathogen-tracking program called PREDICT, which Donald Trump cut.
    • Expand the number of CDC’s deployed disease detectives so we have eyes and ears on the ground, including rebuilding the office in Beijing, which shrunk dramatically under Trump.
  7. 7

Implement mask mandates nationwide by working with governors and mayors and by asking the American people to do what they do best: step up in a time of crisis.
    Experts say that if 95% of Americans wear masks between now and December, we can save almost 70,000 lives. Joe has called on:
    • Every American to wear a mask when they are around people outside their household
    • Every Governor to make that mandatory in their state
    • Local authorities to also make it mandatory to buttress their state orders
COVID Timeline | Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website
It,s a blinder to skillfully skim off 30 percent for themselves, and all those bullshitting lies are first divied up by obscure laws thrown in to procure wealth for one party's use--and ta-ta! It's in the hands of Joe Biden before you know it, and the supporters get the gravy, while the people who thought they were going to benefit get screwed out of the profits planned for Democrats only.

Poop on all that me first Demmie bullshit.

You know, it's funny that with as upset as libs pretend to be about the 200k number, that they aren't making more political hay over that 7 point plan....
; Almost like they know it is all bullshit.

Imagine how angry they'd be at Trump if they knew THREE TIMES as many people die every year just from heart attacks alone! And Trump hasn't lifted a finger to do a thing about that either. :smoke:

That people get Covid is by far more their own fault than it is any politician's.
Agree, but it's neither of their fault because this thing is a microbe that picks and chooses it victim's without being manipulated in to doing so by any human. You can wear mask, use hand sanitizer, lysol the room, hide in the basement, but if it's your turn then all of that just flew out the window. I got it, and I like many we were taking the proper precautions, but got it anyway. No one in my family got it, and even my wife after unknowingly being around me before I knew I had it didn't get it. Thank God.

Anyways I got the symptoms enough to say uhhhh I better go get tested, and well whatta ya know I had it. Lost my smell, taste, had fever, chills shortness of breath, and was given a light prescription to battle it in my quarantine. It wasn't all that fancy stuff that others got for it, but with a combination of the light prescription, and other things I did to battle it, then it finally lifted up off of me.
No, the virus does not pick and chooses it's victims. It can neither walk, fly, swim, nor crawl. It is moved by air currents. If it comes in contact with cells that it is able to break into then it will attempt to replicate itself in large numbers.

Completely isolating yourself from others is the only action you can take that will guarantee your safety. The less you isolate yourself the higher the probability of infection.

Since there are very few people that can completely isolate themselves, their protection from Covid is is mostly in the hands of others. Quarantining protects others not the person being quarantined. Testing does not protect the person being tested but others. Masks protect others and provide little protection for the wearer. Social distancing works well but not if others crowd in around you.

Without the people working together following the guidelines, the virus can not be stopped. In America, where the idea of personal liberties includes doing whatever you want, whenever you want makes it very difficult to control the virus particularly with a president that encourages people to violate the guideless.

The countries that have done a good job of controlling the virus such as South Korea, Japan, Norway, Finland, New Zealand, Germany, and Demark are regarded as nations with a high degree of social consciousness. The other thing these nations have in common is a history of a very high degree of compliance to national leadership mandates. Nations that have done a very poor job controlling the virus, United States, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Italy and the UK have a long history of both of low social consciousness and resistance to government mandates.

Unless there is a remarkable change in the attitude of the nation's leadership and the people, the vaccine will be no more effective than the CDC guidelines and America will languish in this quagmire for many years.

Forum List

Back