One Decision on Social Distancing Could Have Prevented 90% of US Coronavirus Deaths

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
The timing of social distancing can have an exponential effect on the death toll of the coronavirus, epidemiologists Britta L. Jewell and Nicholas P. Jewell recently wrote in The New York Times.

"The White House started issuing social-distancing guidelines on March 16, more than two weeks after the first COVID-19 related death. However, an estimated 90% percent of coronavirus deaths in the US could have possibly been avoided if social distancing began March 2, according to the two health experts.

Lockdowns and social distancing have become the new norm, but according to the experts, they are not the answer to fighting the coronavirus, instead, they are a tool to buy more time while treatments and vaccines are researched and developed.

While social-distancing measures aren't a cure for the disease, epidemiologists Britta and Nicholas Jewel said the timing of such measures can be the difference between life and death on a massive scale."
.......................................................................................................................................................
No one can say with certainty how many lives could have been saved if the Golfer-in-Chief had acted earlier. What we can say is instead of doing so he concentrated on protecting his chances of re-election (while playing golf and holding rallies) by prioritizing the short term economic impact of a shutdown over human lives. He waited too long to act.

Which is why so much time and effort is being expended by the Bigot-in-Chief and his media allies to distort the truth about his inaction. He waited too long to act.

Trumpette's have been conditioned to reflexively bring up Don's China travel restriction. The one that came 10 days after the CDC announced the first US case of the virus, a person who traveled here from China. The one delayed by Don's concern for not upsetting China shortly after a truce in the trade war had been announced. The one that did not include people traveling from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. The one that did not include EU countries where a majority of cases in NY came from. The one that allowed nearly 40,000 people coming from China in to the country in the two months after Trump imposed restrictions. Importantly, screening proceedings of travelers from China have been uneven and inconsistent. That "travel ban." The one predicted to be ineffective.
“All of the evidence we have indicates that travel restrictions and quarantines directed at individual countries are unlikely to keep the virus out of our borders,” said Jennifer Nuzzo, associate professor and senior scholar at Johns Hopkins University’s Center for Health Security, at a congressional hearing Feb. 5."

Taking action far too late to be effective has caused the Trump admin to seek to deflect blame for the outbreak here.

They tried to get us to believe......at different times..........the fault for the botched response lies with China, Obama, Pelosi, the CDC, De Blasio, the WHO, the governors, because the Denier-in-Chief takes responsibility for nothing..........and credit for everything. There is a grain of truth in some of those accusations. But the bottom line is only one person had the information and the authority to make an informed decision that could have saved lives. He didn't. He failed in the first obligation of a POTUS, to keep US citizens safe. He waited too long to act.

Just to get ahead of the curve, Trumpleton responses to this thread will begin with Trump Denial Syndrome post # 173,408.

Good boy, Sherman.

another trip in the wayback machine for you?

1587468072041.png

and if they had shot Hitler in 1933, WWII wouldn't have happened.

ever consider posting something other than Trump screwed up in January?
Is it your position the study is flawed? Or that President Bone Spurs didn't have enough info and justification at his disposal to shut down the country earlier?

Or is this just another, "I can't make excuses any more so I just don't want to talk about it" post from a TDS sufferer?

The way for you folks to make us stop rubbing the facts in your faces is to acknowledge them.

Is it your position the study is flawed?

no, it's my position that I, and others, are tired of you posting the same damn crap day, after day, after day.

Has there been one day in the last month that you haven't posted this post, or a clone of it?

One?

you're a one trick pony.

and the trick is old and boring.

The timing of social distancing can have an exponential effect on the death toll of the coronavirus, epidemiologists Britta L. Jewell and Nicholas P. Jewell recently wrote in The New York Times.

"The White House started issuing social-distancing guidelines on March 16, more than two weeks after the first COVID-19 related death. However, an estimated 90% percent of coronavirus deaths in the US could have possibly been avoided if social distancing began March 2, according to the two health experts.

Lockdowns and social distancing have become the new norm, but according to the experts, they are not the answer to fighting the coronavirus, instead, they are a tool to buy more time while treatments and vaccines are researched and developed.

While social-distancing measures aren't a cure for the disease, epidemiologists Britta and Nicholas Jewel said the timing of such measures can be the difference between life and death on a massive scale."
.......................................................................................................................................................
No one can say with certainty how many lives could have been saved if the Golfer-in-Chief had acted earlier. What we can say is instead of doing so he concentrated on protecting his chances of re-election (while playing golf and holding rallies) by prioritizing the short term economic impact of a shutdown over human lives. He waited too long to act.

Which is why so much time and effort is being expended by the Bigot-in-Chief and his media allies to distort the truth about his inaction. He waited too long to act.

Trumpette's have been conditioned to reflexively bring up Don's China travel restriction. The one that came 10 days after the CDC announced the first US case of the virus, a person who traveled here from China. The one delayed by Don's concern for not upsetting China shortly after a truce in the trade war had been announced. The one that did not include people traveling from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. The one that did not include EU countries where a majority of cases in NY came from. The one that allowed nearly 40,000 people coming from China in to the country in the two months after Trump imposed restrictions. Importantly, screening proceedings of travelers from China have been uneven and inconsistent. That "travel ban." The one predicted to be ineffective.
“All of the evidence we have indicates that travel restrictions and quarantines directed at individual countries are unlikely to keep the virus out of our borders,” said Jennifer Nuzzo, associate professor and senior scholar at Johns Hopkins University’s Center for Health Security, at a congressional hearing Feb. 5."

Taking action far too late to be effective has caused the Trump admin to seek to deflect blame for the outbreak here.

They tried to get us to believe......at different times..........the fault for the botched response lies with China, Obama, Pelosi, the CDC, De Blasio, the WHO, the governors, because the Denier-in-Chief takes responsibility for nothing..........and credit for everything. There is a grain of truth in some of those accusations. But the bottom line is only one person had the information and the authority to make an informed decision that could have saved lives. He didn't. He failed in the first obligation of a POTUS, to keep US citizens safe. He waited too long to act.

Just to get ahead of the curve, Trumpleton responses to this thread will begin with Trump Denial Syndrome post # 173,408.
Doubt that.

no, it's my position that I, and others, are tired of you posting the same damn crap day, after day, after day.

Has there been one day in the last month that you haven't posted this post, or a clone of it?

One?

you're a one trick pony.

If they could think better, they wouldn't be Leftists

One?

you're a one trick pony.

And do you imagine those of us who are posting these truths would continue to do so if Trumpleton's acknowledged them? I mean, you do understand repeating 2+2 does not equal 4 causes us to prove you are wrong, right?

One?

you're a one trick pony.

And do you imagine those of us who are posting these truths would continue to do so if Trumpleton's acknowledged them? I mean, you do understand repeating 2+2 does not equal 4 causes us to prove you are wrong, right?
Are you ok?

One?

you're a one trick pony.

And do you imagine those of us who are posting these truths would continue to do so if Trumpleton's acknowledged them?

in your case, yes.

If he built a statue, with the letters a foot tall, stating he fucked up....

you would still post the same trite crap...

day, after day, after day.....

Good boy, Sherman.

View attachment 326058

As is customary, you offer an opinion on the poster, rather than the post. You and jitt's, eh?

Yes, if Trump had taken the threat seriously from the beginning - rather than indulging in wishful thinking and his perceived self-interest in propping up the markets - American lives would likely have been saved. Is that too hard to acknowledge?

I dont think they even realise that trump was taking and following the advice of dr fuckie and the cdc...probably the biggest blunder of his presidency

Good boy, Sherman.

View attachment 326058

As is customary, you offer an opinion on the poster, rather than the post. You and jitt's, eh?

Yes, if Trump had taken the threat seriously from the beginning - rather than indulging in wishful thinking and his perceived self-interest in propping up the markets - American lives would likely have been saved. Is that too hard to acknowledge?

Is that too hard to acknowledge?

Is it worth repeating, day, after day, after day?

ad nauseum?

Didn't he make his point the first 40+ times he posted this thread?

One?

you're a one trick pony.

Kinda like the MAGA thing.
Old and boring.

One?

you're a one trick pony.

Old and boring.

You've seen one person starting threads on MAGA day, after day, after day?

I'm here 10-12 hours a day, I see most threads almost as soon as they are posted, and I haven't.

Forum List

Back