One Decision on Social Distancing Could Have Prevented 90% of US Coronavirus Deaths

and if they had shot Hitler in 1933, WWII wouldn't have happened.

ever consider posting something other than Trump screwed up in January?

View attachment 326062
False equivalencies are false.

It's right there in the name.

And tRump did screw up and January. And February. And March. And he's still doing as of April the 21st.

how many "Trump screwed up in January" threads do yo think we need?

50?
75?
100?

How many do you think it will take before it sinks in?

That he's repeating himself, daily?

I doubt it will ever sink in.

It appears to have generated discussion, deflection, and - in your case - a deliberate misunderstanding.

- in your case - a deliberate misunderstanding.

What, exactly, am I misunderstanding?

The fact he starts a new timeline thread almost daily?

The bit you phrased as a question. "That he's repeating himself, daily?" Pretend stupidity and real stupidity are indistinguishable without context.

Then stop acting, (or being), stupid.

His daily timeline threads are the discussion.

Follow the thread.

Look at the OP, dummy. The first deflection was yours.

Not a deflection to point out he has posted the SAME DAMN THREAD 50 OR MORE TIMES.

It's his OP, yet you think your deflection is the discussion? "His daily timeline threads are the discussion." You're probably not even kidding, are you?

From a mod point of view, no, I'm NOT kidding.

From a poster's point of view, the first response to the OP - yours - was trolling:

WillHaftawaite said:

Good boy, Sherman.

another trip in the wayback machine for you?

Still, I suppose it's helpful to know the discussion becomes whatever you say it is.

Half the mods are trolls.

They kiss right and kick left.

Mostly.

Yes, mostly.

Is it your position the study is flawed?

no, it's my position that I, and others, are tired of you posting the same damn crap day, after day, after day.

Has there been one day in the last month that you haven't posted this post, or a clone of it?

One?

you're a one trick pony.

and the trick is old and boring.

Obviously you took this same position about the non-stop postings having to do with Benghazi.

Nope, looks like you're kind of a hypocrite.

Double standard....cute.

Was the same person starting a new Benghazi thread daily for well over a month?

Was I even a mod 8 years ago?

both questions have the same answer.

NO

You didn't start this thread either but found a reason to complain about it. In case you haven't noticed Benghazi still comes up quite frequently by the wingnuts. In this thread you complain that we can't change the past, in the Benghazi thread its a different story, now isn't it, hypocrite?
You didn't start this thread either but found a reason to complain about it.

Yes, because it's the same damn thread day after day.

By the same poster.

When I merged earlier ones. he whined.

When I deleted/trashed earlier ones, he whined.

Did he learn?

NO

the only way, it seems, to prevent him from posting another daily timeline thread, is to give him a vacation.

and boring stupidity is not sufficient cause.

Oh, poor baby. I've seen duplicate threads around a lot of topics, especially when they are all consuming such as this. I hadn't read any other threads that specifically was about if we social distanced sooner that would have created such a drastic drop in the number of cases.

Give him a vacation? Maybe you you should take a break for a change.

The topic is also not boring or stupid. It's current and relavant. But thanks for letting me know what qualifies as a valid subject is whatever the fuck you find entertaining, twat.
The topic is also not boring or stupid.

Depends on how often you see it.

I've been seeing it daily.

It's current and relavant.

it's 4 months old, and tedious.

no, it's my position that I, and others, are tired of you posting the same damn crap day, after day, after day.

Has there been one day in the last month that you haven't posted this post, or a clone of it?

One?

you're a one trick pony.

Obviously you took this same position about the non-stop postings having to do with Benghazi.

Double standard....cute.

NO

You didn't start this thread either but found a reason to complain about it. In case you haven't noticed Benghazi still comes up quite frequently by the wingnuts. In this thread you complain that we can't change the past, in the Benghazi thread its a different story, now isn't it, hypocrite?

By the same poster.

Did he learn?

NO

the only way, it seems, to prevent him from posting another daily timeline thread, is to give him a vacation.

Oh, poor baby. I've seen duplicate threads around a lot of topics, especially when they are all consuming such as this. I hadn't read any other threads that specifically was about if we social distanced sooner that would have created such a drastic drop in the number of cases.

The topic is also not boring or stupid. It's current and relavant. But thanks for letting me know what qualifies as a valid subject is whatever the fuck you find entertaining, twat.

The virus is 4 months old so you don't want to hear about it anymore? Jesus, what a fucking retard.

You should quit.

One?

you're a one trick pony.

Double standard....cute.

NO

By the same poster.

Did he learn?

NO

Trump didn't start trying to re-write the history of his response until mid-March - about 35 days ago.

One?

you're a one trick pony.

Double standard....cute.

NO

By the same poster.

Did he learn?

NO

The virus is 4 months old so you don't want to hear about it anymore? Jesus, what a fucking retard.

You should quit.

The virus is 4 months old so you don't want to hear about it anymore?
I'm tired of seeing the same goddam thread about the fuckup in January every day.

Jesus, what a fucking retard.

If you're so blind you can't see or find the many thread the OP has started on this one topic, YOU'RE the retard.

One?

you're a one trick pony.

Double standard....cute.

NO

By the same poster.

Did he learn?

NO

You should quit.

I'm tired of seeing the same goddam thread about the fuckup in January every day.

If you're so blind you can't see or find the many thread the OP has started on this one topic, YOU'RE the retard.

There are different aspects to the virus. This thread was specifcially about an article written about it. But you don't want to talk about the virus anymore, others do. So, fuck off, troll.

One?

you're a one trick pony.

Double standard....cute.

NO

By the same poster.

Did he learn?

NO

You should quit.

There are different aspects to the virus. This thread was specifcially about an article written about it. But you don't want to talk about the virus anymore, others do. So, fuck off, troll.

When did you lose the ability to read?

Most Americans Say Trump Was Too Slow in Initial Response to Coronavirus Threat
Wide concern that states will lift COVID-19 restrictions too quickly

New Zealand issued alert level 2 on March 21: At that time, the country suffered 52 cases, no death. Two days later came the way stricter alert level 3, two more days later level 4, stricter still, the highest.

The first death came on March 29. New case count today: 5 - FIVE, bringing the total up to 1,445. 13 fatalities. In total. Yesterday, Ardern announced level 4 to be extended for another week.

There was extensive testing, positivity rate at 1.3%. (U.S.: around 20%)

We don't need a study to tell us how competent leadership following proper scientific guidance protects the population - we have a real-world example to observe in real time. Sadly, we also have the opposite thereof, incompetent non-leadership, to behold, and also those who wouldn't hear about the difference. Hard to tell which case of monumental, gross failure is the more saddening.

The timing of social distancing can have an exponential effect on the death toll of the coronavirus, epidemiologists Britta L. Jewell and Nicholas P. Jewell recently wrote in The New York Times.

"The White House started issuing social-distancing guidelines on March 16, more than two weeks after the first COVID-19 related death. However, an estimated 90% percent of coronavirus deaths in the US could have possibly been avoided if social distancing began March 2, according to the two health experts.

Lockdowns and social distancing have become the new norm, but according to the experts, they are not the answer to fighting the coronavirus, instead, they are a tool to buy more time while treatments and vaccines are researched and developed.

While social-distancing measures aren't a cure for the disease, epidemiologists Britta and Nicholas Jewel said the timing of such measures can be the difference between life and death on a massive scale."
.......................................................................................................................................................
No one can say with certainty how many lives could have been saved if the Golfer-in-Chief had acted earlier. What we can say is instead of doing so he concentrated on protecting his chances of re-election (while playing golf and holding rallies) by prioritizing the short term economic impact of a shutdown over human lives. He waited too long to act.

Which is why so much time and effort is being expended by the Bigot-in-Chief and his media allies to distort the truth about his inaction. He waited too long to act.

Trumpette's have been conditioned to reflexively bring up Don's China travel restriction. The one that came 10 days after the CDC announced the first US case of the virus, a person who traveled here from China. The one delayed by Don's concern for not upsetting China shortly after a truce in the trade war had been announced. The one that did not include people traveling from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. The one that did not include EU countries where a majority of cases in NY came from. The one that allowed nearly 40,000 people coming from China in to the country in the two months after Trump imposed restrictions. Importantly, screening proceedings of travelers from China have been uneven and inconsistent. That "travel ban." The one predicted to be ineffective.
“All of the evidence we have indicates that travel restrictions and quarantines directed at individual countries are unlikely to keep the virus out of our borders,” said Jennifer Nuzzo, associate professor and senior scholar at Johns Hopkins University’s Center for Health Security, at a congressional hearing Feb. 5."

Taking action far too late to be effective has caused the Trump admin to seek to deflect blame for the outbreak here.

They tried to get us to believe......at different times..........the fault for the botched response lies with China, Obama, Pelosi, the CDC, De Blasio, the WHO, the governors, because the Denier-in-Chief takes responsibility for nothing..........and credit for everything. There is a grain of truth in some of those accusations. But the bottom line is only one person had the information and the authority to make an informed decision that could have saved lives. He didn't. He failed in the first obligation of a POTUS, to keep US citizens safe. He waited too long to act.

Just to get ahead of the curve, Trumpleton responses to this thread will begin with Trump Denial Syndrome post # 173,408.
too much. I think one can fairly fault Trump for belittling the virus and thereby encouraging idiots to say social distancing was unnecessary. Munkle and easy are two examples. You could say he didn't abaondon his claims of "hoax" and "sunlight" and he should have been doing his March FLIP FLOP in February, but the virus was established by then. Maybe fewer died. But really, the US did an impressive job of mitigating by complying with social distancing.

BUT I'm not aware of anyone saying social distancing is a cure or anything close. It's always been the only tool we have to control the number of illnesses nationwide, and in communities, at one given time. I believe the US mortality rate is less than any other reasonably reported country, and I'd guess the reason is our hospitals and medical professionals are the best trained … and we've forced them to choose their own health v. ours, btw, and THAT's on Trump more than the governors. He had the warnings even before China.

What's Trump's up to is that a. He belatedly said social distance b. when it began to work, he saw he was going to get blamed for lack of preparation, so he's flipping back to saying "the virus isn't that big a deal."

U.S.:
42,500 deaths, 789k infected. Death rate: 5.3% (death per infected)

New Zealand:
13 deaths, 1445 infected. Death rate: 0.9%

U.S.:
131 deaths per million population

NZ:
2.6 deaths per million population

U.S.:
42,500 deaths, 789k infected. Death rate: 5.3% (death per infected)

New Zealand:
13 deaths, 1445 infected. Death rate: 0.9%

U.S.:
131 deaths per million population

NZ:
2.6 deaths per million population

They're sick of hearing about it. They have something shiny in an immigration ban to offer.

View attachment 326062

And tRump did screw up and January. And February. And March. And he's still doing as of April the 21st.

50?
75?
100?

It appears to have generated discussion, deflection, and - in your case - a deliberate misunderstanding.

The bit you phrased as a question. "That he's repeating himself, daily?" Pretend stupidity and real stupidity are indistinguishable without context.

Follow the thread.

Not a deflection to point out he has posted the SAME DAMN THREAD 50 OR MORE TIMES.
So merge them all together and quit whining about it.

Damn.

View attachment 326062

50?
75?
100?

Follow the thread.

I've lost track of how many times you've denied the truth.

I've lost track of how many times you've denied the truth.

I've lost track of how many times you've posted the same damn thing, I've lost track of how many of your threads I've deleted or trashed your threads on the same damn thing.

And I know that you're too damn stupid to take a fucking hint.
So, you are admitting you've deliberately trashed his threads?

Isn't it your job to promote discussion, not trash it?

View attachment 326062

50?
75?
100?

Follow the thread.

It's his OP, yet you think your deflection is the discussion? "His daily timeline threads are the discussion." You're probably not even kidding, are you?

You're the moderator, but so far in this thread I've seen deflect from the topic multiple times, throw out insults when you are losing the discussion, make threats when insulted back, and admit to "trashing" the OP's threads.

I think you need to step down. You obviously are not capable of impartial judgement and just as obviously think you are above the rules.

You suck at this.

View attachment 326062

50?
75?
100?

Follow the thread.

From a poster's point of view, the first response to the OP - yours - was trolling:

WillHaftawaite said:

Good boy, Sherman.

another trip in the wayback machine for you?

Still, I suppose it's helpful to know the discussion becomes whatever you say it is.
Yup, a troll mod. He needs to be removed.

Graham Worries Georgia’s Reopening Is ‘Going Too Fast Too Soon’

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on Tuesday expressed his concerns with Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp’s (R) decision to begin reopening businesses in the Peach State at the end of the month.

After tweeting that he backs South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster’s (R) announcement on Monday to begin reopening the state’s economy with “a focus on social distancing,” Graham then said he worries that Georgia is “going too fast too soon” and that what happens there will also affect his own state.

View attachment 326062

50?
75?
100?

Follow the thread.

So merge them all together and quit whining about it.

Damn.
I merged several of them.

next day, a new one.

after merging 5 or 6, trashed a few.

he whined.

Tried embarrassing him.

as you can see, no luck there either.

Forum List

Back