'He Has Blood On His Hands': Columbia University Study Shows That Trump Could Have Avoided Over 130 Thousand Deaths

I'm wondering why so many anti-maskers are so sure that wearing masks are useless. I opt on the side of being safe since it may be the difference between life and death for the user (me)and also for the person on the other end of the unfiltered cough or heavy breath. It's consideration for others.
Takes a real moron to think a t shirt over your head filters out a virus.
Congrats.
There are two factors involve in the anti-mask movement. First, people just don't like masks. They are inconvenient, uncomfortable and provide little or no protection for the person wearing them. However that does not explain why the anti-mask movement is so strong in the US. Second, masks have become a major part of the presidents war against the healthcare establishment and the coronavirus medical researchers.

7 months ago Donald Trump had choice to make. Join his medical advisors, his CDC, and the medical establishment supporting guidelines to stop the virus. His second choice was to downplay the virus, spread misinformation about how serious it was, and attack those in the medical community that supported the guidelines. So in addition to the political divide in the country we have a division over how we should react to the virus. Thus we have the very worst possible scenario in stopping the epidemic, a sharply divided country over what to do about the virus.

That people get Covid is by far more their own fault than it is any politician's.
Agree, but it's neither of their fault because this thing is a microbe that picks and chooses it victim's without being manipulated in to doing so by any human. You can wear mask, use hand sanitizer, lysol the room, hide in the basement, but if it's your turn then all of that just flew out the window. I got it, and I like many we were taking the proper precautions, but got it anyway. No one in my family got it, and even my wife after unknowingly being around me before I knew I had it didn't get it. Thank God.

Anyways I got the symptoms enough to say uhhhh I better go get tested, and well whatta ya know I had it. Lost my smell, taste, had fever, chills shortness of breath, and was given a light prescription to battle it in my quarantine. It wasn't all that fancy stuff that others got for it, but with a combination of the light prescription, and other things I did to battle it, then it finally lifted up off of me.
No, the virus does not pick and chooses it's victims. It can neither walk, fly, swim, nor crawl. It is moved by air currents. If it comes in contact with cells that it is able to break into then it will attempt to replicate itself in large numbers.

Completely isolating yourself from others is the only action you can take that will guarantee your safety. The less you isolate yourself the higher the probability of infection.

Since there are very few people that can completely isolate themselves, their protection from Covid is is mostly in the hands of others. Quarantining protects others not the person being quarantined. Testing does not protect the person being tested but others. Masks protect others and provide little protection for the wearer. Social distancing works well but not if others crowd in around you.

Without the people working together following the guidelines, the virus can not be stopped. In America, where the idea of personal liberties includes doing whatever you want, whenever you want makes it very difficult to control the virus particularly with a president that encourages people to violate the guideless.

The countries that have done a good job of controlling the virus such as South Korea, Japan, Norway, Finland, New Zealand, Germany, and Demark are regarded as nations with a high degree of social consciousness. The other thing these nations have in common is a history of a very high degree of compliance to national leadership mandates. Nations that have done a very poor job controlling the virus, United States, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Italy and the UK have a long history of both of low social consciousness and resistance to government mandates.

Unless there is a remarkable change in the attitude of the nation's leadership and the people, the vaccine will be no more effective than the CDC guidelines and America will languish in this quagmire for many years.

The virus can not be stopped. STOPPING the virus was not the goal, when we started this, just "flattening the curve".

AND that policy was sold on the worst case scenario of the virus, which we now know is not true.

In a sane world, finding out that the virus is less deadly than we thought, would lead us to drop the policy that was sold, on the idea that the virus was very deadly.

Instead, we are vastly over extending the original policy to attempting to stop it, with no consideration of the cost of the restrictions or how many people are being hurt if not killed by them.

I'm not surprised with this article. We watched it all happen before our eyes since last winter.

Now, over 220 thousand people are dead. One of them is my favorite aunt.

We learn that at least over 132 thousand people wouldn't have died if trump had followed his own heath experts and did what Canada did. Or if he did what Germany did we would have saved over 179 thousand lives.

We were the leaders of the word. In just 4 years with trump we have become a laughing stock.

Move to Canada or Germany.

I'm not surprised with this article. We watched it all happen before our eyes since last winter.

We learn that at least over 132 thousand people wouldn't have died if trump had followed his own heath experts and did what Canada did. Or if he did what Germany did we would have saved over 179 thousand lives.

We were the leaders of the word. In just 4 years with trump we have become a laughing stock.

Move to Canada or Germany.
He is full of crap that over 179 thousand lives could have been saved by Donald Trump if, if, if, if... The virus was new, and in dealing with it from a medical point of view, many mistakes were being made in understanding the virus, and how exactly to treat it. Those lives were lost due to a medical misunderstanding of the virus, and in what exactly was being dealt with in this thing. Many folks hesitated to long in getting help, and allowed what was a virus to gain a good foot hold on them.

The other problem became the fear in the medical community, where as for many "family practitioners", they didn't want any patients coming to their offices for fear of the thing, so the patient's were being directed elsewhere. This put patient's into a strange territory, where as people are very particular about who they trust in the medical community, so this created a hesitation on the sick person's part also, and they didn't get help until critical if they were in the high risk category.

There was going to be casualties because of this thing, and 200.000 is actually a low number as opposed to what it could have been, so Trump is absolutely correct when he said we have done a remarkable job thus far, and we are turning the corner thank God.

This ridiculous attack on Trump is just that "RIDICULOUS". Anyone in their right mind knows it, but there is an election to deal with, so making fool's of oneself for the cause is all that the left has got left. It just gets more and more stupid as they go.

That people get Covid is by far more their own fault than it is any politician's.
Agree, but it's neither of their fault because this thing is a microbe that picks and chooses it victim's without being manipulated in to doing so by any human. You can wear mask, use hand sanitizer, lysol the room, hide in the basement, but if it's your turn then all of that just flew out the window. I got it, and I like many we were taking the proper precautions, but got it anyway. No one in my family got it, and even my wife after unknowingly being around me before I knew I had it didn't get it. Thank God.

Anyways I got the symptoms enough to say uhhhh I better go get tested, and well whatta ya know I had it. Lost my smell, taste, had fever, chills shortness of breath, and was given a light prescription to battle it in my quarantine. It wasn't all that fancy stuff that others got for it, but with a combination of the light prescription, and other things I did to battle it, then it finally lifted up off of me.
No, the virus does not pick and chooses it's victims. It can neither walk, fly, swim, nor crawl. It is moved by air currents. If it comes in contact with cells that it is able to break into then it will attempt to replicate itself in large numbers.

Completely isolating yourself from others is the only action you can take that will guarantee your safety. The less you isolate yourself the higher the probability of infection.

Since there are very few people that can completely isolate themselves, their protection from Covid is is mostly in the hands of others. Quarantining protects others not the person being quarantined. Testing does not protect the person being tested but others. Masks protect others and provide little protection for the wearer. Social distancing works well but not if others crowd in around you.

Without the people working together following the guidelines, the virus can not be stopped. In America, where the idea of personal liberties includes doing whatever you want, whenever you want makes it very difficult to control the virus particularly with a president that encourages people to violate the guideless.

The countries that have done a good job of controlling the virus such as South Korea, Japan, Norway, Finland, New Zealand, Germany, and Demark are regarded as nations with a high degree of social consciousness. The other thing these nations have in common is a history of a very high degree of compliance to national leadership mandates. Nations that have done a very poor job controlling the virus, United States, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Italy and the UK have a long history of both of low social consciousness and resistance to government mandates.

Unless there is a remarkable change in the attitude of the nation's leadership and the people, the vaccine will be no more effective than the CDC guidelines and America will languish in this quagmire for many years.

The virus can not be stopped. STOPPING the virus was not the goal, when we started this, just "flattening the curve".

AND that policy was sold on the worst case scenario of the virus, which we now know is not true.

In a sane world, finding out that the virus is less deadly than we thought, would lead us to drop the policy that was sold, on the idea that the virus was very deadly.

Instead, we are vastly over extending the original policy to attempting to stop it, with no consideration of the cost of the restrictions or how many people are being hurt if not killed by them.
I agree that we can not stop the virus because the numbers are now too high. But we can lower the transmission rate to reduce cases and deaths and that's not insignificant. Too many people think just because few people die, the virus is nothing. The fact is a lot of people get really sick and it doesn't go away in 3 or 4 days like the flu.

My grandson got a positive test about 5 weeks ago. For two weeks he was so sick he couldn't get out of bed and we took him to the ER twice because of difficulty breathing. His mother was worry as hell about him because he's diabetic and has asthma. At the ER she asked the doctor if he should be hospitalized. The Dr said there are no beds available. We would have to transport him to another hospital and we have people a lot sicker waiting on transport. So she took him home. After another week he got better however, he's still week and get's bad headaches. Although he has school online, he is a month behind and his mother has had to take off work without pay for over two weeks to take care of him.

This all got me thinking. Suppose my wife or I had an accident or heart attack, would there be medical services available or would we be laying on a gurney in a hallway for hours hoping we don't die waiting. When hospitals fill up an ER's are swamped, you can certain die waiting.

A lot of people seem to think if we just lifted all the restrictions, every thing would be just fine, businesses would be back to normal, and jobs would all be back. This is a Trump fantasy, that many believe, probably because they want to believe it. Cases, illness, and deaths would go through the roof. Hospitals would be overflowing, and mayors and governors would be mandating a complete lockdown which is a lot worse than what we have now and a lot of people would have died or got sick for nothing.

Last edited:

I agree that we can not stop the virus because the numbers are now too high. But we can lower the transmission rate to reduce cases and deaths and that's not insignificant. Too many people think just because few people die, the virus is nothing. The fact is a lot of people get really sick and it doesn't go away in 3 or 4 days like the flu.

My grandson got a positive test about 5 weeks ago. For two weeks he was so sick he couldn't get out of bed and we took him to the ER twice because of difficulty breathing. His mother was worry as hell about him because he's diabetic and has asthma. At the ER she asked the doctor if he should be hospitalized. The Dr said there are no beds available. We would have to transport him to another hospital and we have people a lot sicker waiting on transport. So she took him home. After another week he got better however, he's still week and get's bad headaches. Although he has school online, he is a month behind and his mother has had to take off work without pay for over two weeks to take care of him.

This all got me thinking. Suppose my wife or I had an accident or heart attack, would there be medical services available or would we be laying on a gurney in a hallway for hours hoping we don't die waiting. When hospitals fill up an ER's are swamped, you can certain die waiting.

A lot of people seem to think if we just lifted all the restrictions, every thing would be just fine, businesses would be back to normal, and jobs would all be back. This is a Trump fantasy, that many believe, probably because they want to believe it. Cases, illness, and deaths would go through the roof. Hospitals would be overflowing, and mayors and governors would be mandating a complete lockdown which is a lot worse than what we have now and a lot of people would have died or got sick for nothing.
Bullcrap and you know it.... No hospital is going to refuse a child that has the Covid-19 virus, and is as sick as you say he was. We had hundreds and hundreds of makeshift hospital's set up, and two huge hospital ship's in the ports of major population centers, and most of it was never used, infact there was a huge job loss in the medical industry due to the numbers not developing or materializing like was projected. Then we had these horrific governor's sending Covid-19 patient's into elder care facilities in which caused thousands to die as a result of ???? Yes there is definitely blood on people's hands, but it ain't on Donald Trump's hands. Better redirect your direction of accusations, because you are off the mark.

Bullcrap and you know it.... No hospital is going to refuse a child that has the Covid-19 virus, and is as sick as you say he was. We had hundreds and hundreds of makeshift hospital's set up, and two huge hospital ship's in the ports of major population centers, and most of it was never used, infact there was a huge job loss in the medical industry due to the numbers not developing or materializing like was projected. Then we had these horrific governor's sending Covid-19 patient's into elder care facilities in which caused thousands to die as a result of ???? Yes there is definitely blood on people's hands, but it ain't on Donald Trump's hands. Better redirect your direction of accusations, because you are off the mark.
They did not refuse him. They would take him and transfers him to another hospital in the area. A hospital can not take Covid patients if the Covid wards are filled. Rooms for Covid patients should be private rooms with special ventilation and setup for infection prevention and control. Also the location of covid patients needs to be in secure area. Yes, you can setup places in tents, hallways, and nonmedical facilities but that takes time and equipment and it is used in emergency situations. Before going this route, hospitals will transfer patients to other hospitals that have room. This is what they offered my grandson. Since he had breathing treatments in the ER that got him breathing must better and a new nebulizer medication, his mother thought it would be better to take him home rather than have him laying on a gurney all day waiting for and getting transportation to some other hospital.

Most of you Trump fans will probably want to skip the following. It will just piss you off and will not change your mind.

Yes, a lot of people did make mistakes, governors, hospitals, doctors, and nurses but these were honest mistake that will occur in trying to stop an epidemic. What Donald Trump did was not an honest mistake. He purposefully made re-election the top priority for his administration. And almost every decision involving the virus was made based on how he though it would effect his re-election.

To be specific, Trump set his course on Feb. 28th at a rally in North Carolina when he said the virus was just the common flu, which he knew was an absolute lie. He followed that up by accursing democrats of perpetuating a hoax when serval interviews with scientists about the seriousness of virus aired on CNN and other major networks. The day before the rally, the CDC received a report from a nursing home in Kirkland Washington that they believed they had an outbreak of the virus which was the 1st in the US. Of course, Trump insisted that it must be just the Flu, which he knew was lie. From this point on Donald Trump downplayed the virus. In early March he sent Pence on a trip to Washington to assure the governor that the CDC had the outbreak under control which was another lie. The cases were spreading like wildfire in the area and the CDC tests were not working. He sends Pence to Florida to assure the governor and Cruise Lines that curses were safe and their would not be a shutdown. Another lie, Trump shutdown cruises only days after Pence returned. The Pandemic response team on Feb 29 told Trump that he should consider shutting down schools and business immediately and stopping all Travel. Trump said he couldn't do that, another lie. About 2 weeks latter he shutdown travel from Europe and most other counters. On March 20 Governor Como announces shutdown of all non-essential businesses in New York. Trump claimed it wasn't legal and opposed it, another lie. Latter he said the governors should make the shutdown orders, certainly not something he want to do. And almost every order from democrat states, Trump criticized. When the states were begging for test kits, Trump first lied telling them they had been shipped. Then he lied and told the states there were enough tests for everyone. Following this Trump doubled down on his nothing but the flu claim and fought governors in most states to stop shutdowns, accused hospitals of lying about the deaths, pushed bogus treatments, tried to get the business and Churches open in April when virus was raging in many states. He effective shutdown the Pandemic response team because did like what scientists were telling him. He began to oppose almost every CDC guideline and forced the CDC to change them. When states began mandating masks and social distancing he told the people they did not have to follow those mandates. For about 4 months he was on a anti-mask crusade, mocking people that wore masks, refusing to wear them and encouraging his staff not to wear masks and allowing his people that attended his rallies to go without masks and any social distanting.

I could go on for hours but that would just be a waste of time. Suffice to say, Donald Trump's actions in February, March, and early April would make it impossible to stop the virus. We will never know how many lives were lost due to his opposition against controlling the virus but one fact stands out. Under Donald Trump's leadership, American with 4% of the worlds population, one of the best prepared countries to fight the epidemic has 20% of the covid deaths in the world making it the worst response of any country.

Are you implying that the hospital had no beds because of covid? Because everything I have seen or heard is that we never exceeded the capacity of our medical facilities.

I lost my favorite aunt to Covid-19 as well just a few months ago.

Be honest, coming right on the heels of the impeachment fiasco, was President Trump politically able to do any of the things you suggest?

Remember the Democrats bitched and moaned about the ban on travel from China even.

Masks protect others and provide little protection for the wearer.

I masks don't protect the "wearer" they can't "protect anyone else. Good lord. A mortality rate of less than 2% and you people are freaked.

Masks protect others and provide little protection for the wearer.

I masks don't protect the "wearer" they can't "protect anyone else. Good lord. A mortality rate of less than 2% and you people are freaked.
Life where I live is normal.... Businesses are open, the economy is rolling onward, mask are being worn by those concerned about their own health in tight situation's, but not so much among those who aren't sick or aren't showing any signs of sickness within their circles. Otherwise life is normal within many circles, and within the job's that take precautions in order to keep their employees safe. Over reaction and fear has become a bad thing in all of this, especially when the numbers don't add up. What about the savoir Biden who is making idiotic claim's that he is going to save everybody if he's elected ??? If that doesn't stink of corruption using the virus politically then nothing does.

Are you implying that the hospital had no beds because of covid? Because everything I have seen or heard is that we never exceeded the capacity of our medical facilities.
Many hospitals were full and patients were transferred to other hospitals and some makeshift facilities. The problem was never beds but personnel. If you only have a couple of respiratory theorists or pulmonologists on duty and you have a half dozen patients needing a vent ASAP, somebody is probably going to die while they wait. I was in the hospital in March when they were near capacity. The level of care dropped markedly throughout the hospital. People were working 18 hours on a shift and I'm sure some of them made made some bad calls. Many hospitals have times when they are at or near capacity but usually it doesn't last long. This thing just went on and on with no relief in sight. I certainly hope this is not where we're headed now.

You would believe this kind of bullshit.

Columbia.........they've lost credibility.

You never had it.

You still are in desperation mode trying to prove the msm media is not lying about covid,trying to convince yourself these deaths are not inflated by the government and the media despite how the media is a tool for the government and has lied for DECADES to the people :laughing0301: You take their word over whistleblowing doctors that have risked their lives to tell the truth that the yearly flu virus has killed five times more people than covid.lol
You are also ignorant to the fact that thousands in Germany protested in the streets about the dreconian face mask mandates and yet their hospitals are not over run with covid dying patients.:laughing0301: You keep trolloing but fail everytime.:laughing0301:

Many hospitals were full and patients were transferred to other hospitals and some makeshift facilities. The problem was never beds but personnel. If you only have a couple of respiratory theorists or pulmonologists on duty and you have a half dozen patients needing a vent ASAP, somebody is probably going to die while they wait. I was in the hospital in March when they were near capacity. The level of care dropped markedly throughout the hospital. People were working 18 hours on a shift and I'm sure some of them made made some bad calls. Many hospitals have times when they are at or near capacity but usually it doesn't last long. This thing just went on and on with no relief in sight. I certainly hope this is not where we're headed now.
There goes the gullible sheep again.you worship the lamestream media as truth instead of investigating facts that you hear from alternative news not controlled by the corporate media that there are not hospitals full of covid patients lined up,you keep looking like a fool listening to the msm media instead of whistleblowing doctors.:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

You would believe this kind of bullshit.

Columbia.........they've lost credibility.

You never had it.
Him and flopper by into bullshit all the time from the msm propaganda machine hook,line,and sinker.:abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301::auiqs.jpg:

Yes, Trump should have magically stopped an airborne virus for the first time in history! Do you know anything about viral outbreaks? How often have we stopped the flu? Ever had a cold? That's a coronavirus too.
Masks, social distancing & lockdown mandates are not only a violation of our rights, they have also never been proven to stop a viral spread. Shocker!
Maybe we need to stop playing the Rona Fear Factor game for a virus barely worse than a flu. It's OK to come out of the basement now
Your making too much sense for the biden lovers to understand.lol

Yes, Trump should have magically stopped an airborne virus for the first time in history! Do you know anything about viral outbreaks? How often have we stopped the flu? Ever had a cold? That's a coronavirus too.
Masks, social distancing & lockdown mandates are not only a violation of our rights, they have also never been proven to stop a viral spread. Shocker!
Maybe we need to stop playing the Rona Fear Factor game for a virus barely worse than a flu. It's OK to come out of the basement now
Your making too much sense for the biden lovers to understand.lol
It will all end quickly if Biden pulls off the Democrats corrupt plan. Bet on it.

Anyone who can't understand the coincidental timing of it all, and especially after all that had failed for them (the Democrats) prior, then they are hopelessly lost forever.

It's unbelievable how the MSM and Democrat party actually convinced them so easily by way of highjacking all of our institutional and private platforms, that Trump was a racist along with all his base, and that their should be no quarters given them, uhhhhh that is absolutely amazing.

Who would of thought that this nation was this far gone ?? Well it shouldn't have been no surprise really, because our children was sounding the alarms daily, but the parents were to caught up themselves, and therefore cast them off to be raised by hollywood and the devil himself.

It's unbelievable how gullable the weaker citizen's in our society at large are, otherwise that they can't see what went on, and how they were convinced by a bunch of evil human beings that their best interest lay within them instead of within their own common sense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back