Has USMB changed your mind m? Ever?

When poster Trans Lives Matter admitted here that all the trans have always known Michelle was really Michael, it changed my mind. I thought all trans were all liars all the time. We now have one data point refuting that....
You do realize that guy is just pretending to be a jabbering retard right? He is too fuckin funny to actually be that stupid.

I'm new, so not yet. I have changed my mind on some issues in previous groups, or at least felt that watching discussion allowed me to come to a more nuanced understanding.

I had my mind changed twice since joining USMB.

1) I was neutral on the 2nd amendment. My thoughts were it was written when guns were primitive and not as lethal. More research and conversations here showed me that responsible gun owners and gun ownership prevents more deaths than they cause.

2) I was pro choice for men and women. I believed Men should be able to walk away if they don’t want the kid but sign away all parental rights. Conversations convinced me that’s abandonment and life isn’t always fair. Women get more rights when it comes to birthing and such.

That is all thus far. How about the rest of you?
And why should a guy not have to pay 1/3 of his paychecks for the next 18 years? If he doesn’t we have to.

I think to get welfare we need to know who the father is. He pays first.

USMB has changed my mind on liberals. I used to think some of them were actually logic-based people who just had differing opinions from me. Now I think they are all useful idiots for the marxist movement.
Todays conservatives remind me more of Vladimir Putin than George Washington.
I thought bush was worse than trump but the insurrection told me that’s not true.

I was watching an episode of "Leave it to beaver" when it came to me: Damn, Whites made this country, we put a man on the moon we had standards that led to cure for polio. Damn we are culpable or many sins, but we created the goddamn silicon chip and the fucking internet and the operating systems. Talk to me about Systemic...

I was watching an episode of "Leave it to beaver" when it came to me: Damn, Whites made this country, we put a man on the moon we had standards that led to cure for polio. Damn we are culpable or many sins, but we created the goddamn silicon chip and the fucking internet and the operating systems. Talk to me about Systemic...
And today too many Americans won’t take the vaccine. Not like Americans back during polio.

I don't think being a member of a political forum is just advocacy or learning political or philosophical POV . . . it is also, so very important that we share information about our world, and our personal experiences.

As history and the situation continue to unfold, some of the sources of information we will tend to find the most compelling, and the most reliable, are the same as what citizens in other closed societies in history have used. . . "open source intelligence." i.e., word of mouth.

When big tech, the monopolized billionaire owned corporate media, and the entrenched government bureaucracies tell us all one thing, but what we know to be true from sharing with each other is something vastly different?

This is where wisdom, and true deliberation about our nation and our world come into play.

Now. . . of course, there will always be those, who the TEE VEE can convince are in deadly danger, from internal and external threats when no such thing exists . . . but, as long as we all remember, we are all on the same side, all Americans, and are as honest as we can be with each other, the forum will always serve a useful function.

War of the Worlds isn't happening until several of us all report seeing the death machines in the skies for ourselves. . . . :auiqs.jpg:

And today too many Americans won’t take the vaccine. Not like Americans back during polio.
That is because too many Americans are informed about the need for them. . .

. . . which is to say, they have a better chance of dying from a lightening strike.

SO? When you know the odds, there is no need to take a risk on unproven medical technology.

Hidden Figures (2016)

Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan and Mary Jackson brilliant African-American women working at NASA and serving as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history the launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit. The visionary trio crossed all gender and race lines to inspire generations to dream big.

I had my mind changed twice since joining USMB.

1) I was neutral on the 2nd amendment. My thoughts were it was written when guns were primitive and not as lethal. More research and conversations here showed me that responsible gun owners and gun ownership prevents more deaths than they cause.

2) I was pro choice for men and women. I believed Men should be able to walk away if they don’t want the kid but sign away all parental rights. Conversations convinced me that’s abandonment and life isn’t always fair. Women get more rights when it comes to birthing and such.

That is all thus far. How about the rest of you?
I was against abortion untill I read all the liberal posts, then I realized it's a wonderful idea for the left to get abortions

Nothing I've learned on USMB has changed my mind about being a conservative but I will say that I've learned a lot about the duopoly in this country.
I was a fan of George Bush but now I see him for what he was. Just another career politician trying to keep the status quo.
And after watching both the right and the left attack Trump the outsider I knew at that point our Gov had no interest in making America better,it was all about the ruling class maintaining the status quo.

I am 1,000 percent for abortions
Way too many genetically damaged parents and we don’t need bad offspring

And why should a guy not have to pay 1/3 of his paychecks for the next 18 years? If he doesn’t we have to.

I think to get welfare we need to know who the father is. He pays first.
Holy shit...

A semi-logical response from a bed wetter?

What's next? An acknowledgement that masks were a bullshit hysterical reaction?

I've learned that this place attracts some mighty fine people but with all walks of life/places, it also attracts weirdos.

I changed my mind about certain races of people and not for the better, unfortunately although I do try to not lump them all into the same pot.

I learned that I was correct in thinking religion has its own place and it isn't in a non religious forum.

I learned NOT to judge a book by it's fancy/innocent cover because dark creepy things are hidden inside.

So in essence...yeah. USMB has changed my mind about alot of things...and also made me firm in being just fine in who I am.

of course my views have changed over time, the chief motivator being enlightened by those savvy sorts who keep doling out information and details i was unaware of

kinda>>>>

1625310518183.png

1625310644397.png

1625310875009.png

1625310905509.png

~S~

Forum List

Back