Has the Trumped GOP lost Fiscal Restraint as an Issue?

It is amusing that the left thinks they have any credibility on economic matters.

Trump lost what credibility he had when he said "I'll never sign another budget like that last one" -- meaning the first budget of his Administration -- and then went on to sign 3 more just like it.

It is amusing that the right thinks they have any credibility on economics matters.
Trump unloaded the rights economic playbook and couldn’t hit 3% gdp growth with a trillion dollar deficit.

Fiscal conservative John Boehner recently observed of Congressional Republicans,​
"None of these guys said anything when the Trump administration added $1 trillion to the federal budget deficit

by the end of 2019 - before a single dime was spent on COVID-19 relief!"

"They were rubber stamps for it in Congress. Many of them who raised huge stinks about [the Troubled Asset Relief Program] were only too happy to let Trump bail out farmers hurt by his trade war with China," he added, referring to the $700 billion measure that Congress passed in October of 2008 to prop up the nation's financial system.​
The national debt stood at $19.9 trillion when Trump took office in 2017 and hit $28 trillion last month.
In the wake of the sordid, national spectacle of Trump goons attacking Congress, Republicans may have hoped to return to normalcy.

Alas, their core political philosophy had already been been savaged.

Mitch McConnell who aided and abetted the Former Guy's profligate ways recently mewled,

"It's one thing to run up the national debt when you have a hundred-year pandemic
but just to keep routinely adding trillions of dollars to the national debt
I think is ill-advised for the future of the country."

Turtle's token, limp-wristed arm wrestling with the Administration reflects consciousness of the hypocrisy of opposing the popular President's popular agenda after having bent over meekly with nary a squeal at the Former Guy's prodigal apostasy.
Last month circulated a Navigator Research poll showing that 59 percent of Americans support Biden's infrastructure agenda and that 83 percent support his desire to expand access to childcare and investments in clean energy infrastructure, which are not highlighted in the alternative GOP proposal.
A Politico/Morning Consult poll from this month showed strong support among Republicans, Democrats and independents for Biden's infrastructure spending priorities, and 65 percent of voters were on board with raising the corporate tax rate to help pay for them. The survey even found that 42 percent of Republicans favored raising taxes on corporations.
Zombies.jpg

They have an awful fiscal records. Deficits climb every time we have a repub. Trump inherited a strong economy and sill drastically increased deficits.
He was a hyper-Keynesian. Keynes was rolling over in his grave.
You mean deficits didn't increase under Obama, and they haven't increased under Swiss cheese brain?
Deficits increase under repubs. Even when handed a strong economy, trump drastically increased deficits.
How much
Since when has the GOP been fiscally conservative? Oh I know! When Democrats are in office. Other than that they are spendthrifts.
The Dim definition of "fiscally conservative" means willing to raise taxes to cover their profligate spending.
And repubs cut taxes and increase spending and increase deficits. At least tax increases are honest. Adding to debt this the worst.
Tax increases just allow the big spenders to continue the party. That's why turds like you are so determined to get them.
Tax increases are fiscally responsible . You Clowns want everything for free. Or worse, increased spending and a tax cut.
No they aren't because no matter how much Dems increase taxes they spend twice as much.
But tax payers get angry when they get too high. Repubs just add to the debt, you love freebies.
Is Biden adding to the debt?
After inheriting a disaster. Trump increased deficits during a strong economy and left a disaster. Biden had to clean up.
Trump handed the Potted Plant a booming economy.

2nd QTR 2020 GDP Growth 31.7%
3rd QTR 2020 GDP Growth 33.1%
4th QTR 2020 GCP Growth 4%
I guess you don't know the 2nd and 3rd quarter numbers are annualized.

Never burn time discussing economics with Trumpsters.
So? Does that make 33% bad, Dummy?

They have an awful fiscal records. Deficits climb every time we have a repub. Trump inherited a strong economy and sill drastically increased deficits.
You mean deficits didn't increase under Obama, and they haven't increased under Swiss cheese brain?
Deficits increase under repubs. Even when handed a strong economy, trump drastically increased deficits.
How much
Since when has the GOP been fiscally conservative? Oh I know! When Democrats are in office. Other than that they are spendthrifts.
The Dim definition of "fiscally conservative" means willing to raise taxes to cover their profligate spending.
And repubs cut taxes and increase spending and increase deficits. At least tax increases are honest. Adding to debt this the worst.
Tax increases just allow the big spenders to continue the party. That's why turds like you are so determined to get them.
Tax increases are fiscally responsible . You Clowns want everything for free. Or worse, increased spending and a tax cut.
No they aren't because no matter how much Dems increase taxes they spend twice as much.
But tax payers get angry when they get too high. Repubs just add to the debt, you love freebies.
After inheriting a disaster. Trump increased deficits during a strong economy and left a disaster. Biden had to clean up.

No, Einstein. It just makes you a Trumpster.

How much

Oh, so you have nothing to add to the discussion.

Dismissed.

How much

Dismissed.
Just pointing out your standard Trumpian ignorance on economics. Adding actual facts to a discussion, such as "annualized" GDP growth, is a good thing over here in Normal World.

How much

Dismissed.
Just pointing out your standard Trumpian ignorance on economics. Adding actual facts to a discussion, such as "annualized" GDP growth, is a good thing over here in Normal World.
You did no such thing, Moron.

I posted the numbers showing Brainless is an idiot. You added nothing to the conversation, as usual.

How much

Dismissed.

I posted the numbers showing Brainless is an idiot. You added nothing to the conversation, as usual.
Poor ignorant Trumpster.

Sorry for the redundancy there.

At the rate Joe is going....come on man
Inherited a mess like Obama did. Repubs create messes...
Yeah that's it......
History shows.
Keep telling yourself that while Joe rings the cash register.. btw what did The House do.....
Joe inherited a disaster. Trump inherited a strong economy and still drastically increased deficits.
The disaster was entirely created by the Democrat Reich. We don't want any of the shit Dims are trying to ram down our throats, like that bogus "infrastructure" bill. I don't know of a single Republican who supports it. Do you?
Yeah repubs controlled most the government and you still whine about dems. Such a loser you are.
I realize republican representatives are drunken spenders, but why are you crowing about the democrats? They wanted even bigger budget money at every turn. I guess you can throw a party and say everybody spends too much, but how does it validate democrat policy in any way when they just wanted to spend more by a great margin? Democrats are the last people to discuss debt or responsible spending. If I can admit republican representatives are terrible with our money, can't you admit the democrats are even worse? You could at least stop pretending you care about debt and government spending. Republican voters at least want to reduce spending, and I do not believe democrats think that is even possible.

How much

Dismissed.
Bleeding people dry, increasing spending, and putting people on government assistance. Then there is the whole getting raped on every trade agreement. You can say Trump failed at addressing these things, but don't act like your democrat buddies are doing anything remotely intelligent.

How much

Dismissed.

Poor ignorant Trumpster.

Once again, you add nothing.

How much

Dismissed.

Poor ignorant Trumpster.

Let's see if we can get you to make a minimal contribution to the thread with a simple yes or no question:

Is a 33% annualized GDP growth figure a "disaster"?

Yes, or no?

You can do it!

How much

Dismissed.

Poor ignorant Trumpster.

Let's see if we can get you to make a minimal contribution to the thread with a simple yes or no question:

Yes, or no?

You can do it!
You're still going.

Nope, 33% is not a disaster. Decent numbers, considering. Why did you put "disaster" in quotes, like I had said that?

Oh, that's right. You're a Trumpster.

How much

Dismissed.

Poor ignorant Trumpster.

Yes, or no?

You can do it!
You're still going.

Nope, 33% is not a disaster. Decent numbers, considering. Why did you put "disaster" in quotes, like I had said that?

Never said you said it, Moron.

They idiot I responded to said it. You jumped into the conversation in the middle with your dumbassery.

God, you are dumb.

How much

Dismissed.

Poor ignorant Trumpster.

Yes, or no?

You can do it!
You're still going.

They idiot I responded to said it. You jumped into the conversation in the middle with your dumbassery.

God, you are dumb.
Poor Trumpster. All emotional because your ignorance was pointed out.

Tough shit.

How much

Dismissed.

Poor ignorant Trumpster.

Yes, or no?

You can do it!
You're still going.

God, you are dumb.
Poor Trumpster. All emotional because your ignorance was pointed out.

Tough shit.
You pointed out nothing beyond what a colossal moron you are. :laughing0301: :itsok:

Fiscal conservative John Boehner recently observed of Congressional Republicans,​
"None of these guys said anything when the Trump administration added $1 trillion to the federal budget deficit

"They were rubber stamps for it in Congress. Many of them who raised huge stinks about [the Troubled Asset Relief Program] were only too happy to let Trump bail out farmers hurt by his trade war with China," he added, referring to the $700 billion measure that Congress passed in October of 2008 to prop up the nation's financial system.​
The national debt stood at $19.9 trillion when Trump took office in 2017 and hit $28 trillion last month.
In the wake of the sordid, national spectacle of Trump goons attacking Congress, Republicans may have hoped to return to normalcy.

Mitch McConnell who aided and abetted the Former Guy's profligate ways recently mewled,

"It's one thing to run up the national debt when you have a hundred-year pandemic

Turtle's token, limp-wristed arm wrestling with the Administration reflects consciousness of the hypocrisy of opposing the popular President's popular agenda after having bent over meekly with nary a squeal at the Former Guy's prodigal apostasy.
Last month circulated a Navigator Research poll showing that 59 percent of Americans support Biden's infrastructure agenda and that 83 percent support his desire to expand access to childcare and investments in clean energy infrastructure, which are not highlighted in the alternative GOP proposal.
A Politico/Morning Consult poll from this month showed strong support among Republicans, Democrats and independents for Biden's infrastructure spending priorities, and 65 percent of voters were on board with raising the corporate tax rate to help pay for them. The survey even found that 42 percent of Republicans favored raising taxes on corporations.
View attachment 484217
Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 9.15.19 AM.png

The final rally of the Trump magical mystery tour

Did no Republican realize that their surrendering to the Former Guy would have lasting consequences?

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 5.17.16 PM.png

"Every day, somebody leaves a sack of
burning Trump at my front door!"

It is amusing that the left thinks they have any credibility on economic matters.

Trump lost what credibility he had when he said "I'll never sign another budget like that last one" -- meaning the first budget of his Administration -- and then went on to sign 3 more just like it.

It is amusing that the right thinks they have any credibility on economics matters.
Trump unloaded the rights economic playbook and couldn’t hit 3% gdp growth with a trillion dollar deficit.
No he didn't. He did some things, but not others, like cutting government spending.

View attachment 484217
View attachment 484234
The final rally of the Trump magical mystery tour

Did no Republican realize that their surrendering to the Former Guy would have lasting consequences?

View attachment 484231
"Every day, somebody leaves a sack of
burning Trump at my front door!"
Trump was far better than any Democrat. The idea that a Dem would cut government spending doesn't pass the laugh test.

No he didn't. He did some things, but not others, like cutting government spending.
He failed miserably. Repubs don’t cut, they increase deficits. See history.

Forum List

Back