Harriet Tubman - $20?

Poor Andrew Jackson. Then again who still uses money? Its mostly electronic these days. Still replacing a former president just to feed the leftists hunger seems like a horrible idea. I would not have an issue creating a $25 bill with HT on it.

It's interesting the DemoKKKrats would advocate placing someone on the bill who fought so hard against their evil policies.
Maybe the idea to honor her came from "Liberals"

You know...the ones who were against those evil "CONSERVATIVE" policies

Uh, no. Harriet Tubman fought against the Democrats' slavery policies. She was hunted by the Democrats' KKK. She was demonized by the Democrats' newspapers. And to this day, the Democrats continue to give voice to that hatred.

ralph-northam-racist-yearbook-photo-kkk-blackface.jpg

If it spends like a twenty, it’s a twenty.

Who gives a shit whose picture is on it?

Poor Andrew Jackson. Then again who still uses money? Its mostly electronic these days. Still replacing a former president just to feed the leftists hunger seems like a horrible idea. I would not have an issue creating a $25 bill with HT on it.
She was never a president--she doesn't rate being on any money.
Ben Franklin wasn't either......
Ben Franklin contributed to the US, was a brillitant inventor, and successful founding father.

Tubman----was PAID money to bring blacks to the North---and paid very well to do it and hence why she did it by hook and by crook no less as she would often trick and lie to get mostly her ignorant family members to go with her. Her family who made the escape and weren't caught----often didn't have happy lives after but hey old Harriet made money so that is all that matters. Harriet is a historical figure that DID not contribute to the founding or running of the government---she like Anthony don't rate.

How many people actually pay any attention to who is or isn't there on the current U.S. currency?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Why not put Harriett on the ten dollar bill instead? The person who has been there all of this time, Alexander Hamilton that is, was never a president of the United States either and so I have no idea why he was given a spot on our money.

Last edited:
How many people actually pay any attention to who is or isn't there on the current U.S. currency?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Why not put Harriett on the ten dollar bill instead? The person who has been there all of this time, Alexander Hamilton that is, was never a president of the United States either.
Kids do and ask questions.

Remove the author of the Federalist Papers? IDK

Just add another bill. No sense in removing someone IMO.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Why not put Harriett on the ten dollar bill instead? The person who has been there all of this time, Alexander Hamilton that is, was never a president of the United States either and so I have no idea why he was given a spot on our money.
It is a way of honoring a person and it is not reserved for presidents although several of the honored were presidents.

There are a lot of famous people throughout the history of this nation who did brave, nobel and courageous things but they can’t all be on a piece of currency. Seems like more of the everybody gets a trophy mindset.

Seen any Suzie B. coins lately?

When people reject an item of currency it quickly disappears from circulation.

On top of that, what would a $20 bill buy anyway? A six-pack of a name-brand diet cola?

The $50 note is already the NEW $20 note.

Watch your ass Ben; you're next!

I give no fucks about symbolic gestures like this. It’s not going appease anyone, it’s not going to equal tangible change in any way. Nothing to be upset about or happy about

I agree.

Doesn't matter to me either way. Money is money.

Oh, I still use cash. In fact, I run a mostly cash business.

Fuck Andrew Jackson, racist genocidal piece of shit.

Now, I'm not sure if Tubman is significant enough of a figure to really merit being on the $20.00. I could think of much more notable women in our history.

Final point on Jackson... The man was against the very notion of printed money, so putting him on printed currency was kind of a jab at him. I'm sure he'd be happy to have his picture taken off.

She's about the 4,237th most important person in US history. That's how hard up they were to find a black woman to "honor".

To a racist POS no black person deserves honor.

She was never a president--she doesn't rate being on any money.
Ben Franklin wasn't either......
Ben Franklin contributed to the US, was a brillitant inventor, and successful founding father.

Tubman----was PAID money to bring blacks to the North---and paid very well to do it and hence why she did it by hook and by crook no less as she would often trick and lie to get mostly her ignorant family members to go with her. Her family who made the escape and weren't caught----often didn't have happy lives after but hey old Harriet made money so that is all that matters. Harriet is a historical figure that DID not contribute to the founding or running of the government---she like Anthony don't rate.

Turtle shit, you truly are one racist hag.

The only reason why Hamilton wasn't removed, was because he had a hit musical and was popular again.

Which is a petty reason to decide who gets bumped.

So let's review...

$1 - Washington- can't remove him, obviously. That said, we need to stop printing dollar bills and replace them with dollar coins. We'd save billions by doing this.
$2 - Jefferson- Nobody uses this bill, but he'd be a good candidate because he raped his slaves.
$5 - Lincoln - Our greatest president, so, um, no.
$10 - Hamilton- I'm all for keeping him, because we wouldn't even have a treasury system without him.
$20 - Jackson- Racist, Crazy person, genocidal maniac. Also, reminds me too much of Trump. Besides, he was against the printing of paper money to start with. Off he goes.
$50 - Grant- Maybe a good person to replace, because while he was a great general, his presidency was notoriously corrupt.
$100 - Ben Franklin - Not a president. Kind of a cool guy, though. Could be a good candidate for replacement.

Now, people we COULD put on the money.

FDR (Although he's already on the dime)
Teddy Roosevelt
Ronald Reagan

For non-presidents
Fredrick Douglas
Susan B. Anthony

I prefer Andrew Jackson. $25 for HT sounds good.

The only reason why Hamilton wasn't removed, was because he had a hit musical and was popular again.

Which is a petty reason to decide who gets bumped.

So let's review...

$1 - Washington- can't remove him, obviously. That said, we need to stop printing dollar bills and replace them with dollar coins. We'd save billions by doing this.
$2 - Jefferson- Nobody uses this bill, but he'd be a good candidate because he raped his slaves.
$5 - Lincoln - Our greatest president, so, um, no.
$10 - Hamilton- I'm all for keeping him, because we wouldn't even have a treasury system without him.
$20 - Jackson- Racist, Crazy person, genocidal maniac. Also, reminds me too much of Trump. Besides, he was against the printing of paper money to start with. Off he goes.
$50 - Grant- Maybe a good person to replace, because while he was a great general, his presidency was notoriously corrupt.
$100 - Ben Franklin - Not a president. Kind of a cool guy, though. Could be a good candidate for replacement.

Now, people we COULD put on the money.

FDR (Although he's already on the dime)
Teddy Roosevelt
Ronald Reagan

For non-presidents
Fredrick Douglas
Susan B. Anthony
Andrew Jackson is one of the primary reasons the US expanded all the way to the west coast as quickly as it did and one of the primary reasons we have states like Louisiana. He reminds you of Trump because he was a strong man who made tough decisions, I get it.

Forum List

Back