Green Madness

Ah good. Yet another green-butthurt thread. Contrarians elbowing each other for the rights to be the first to say "will never work".

So how soon do you think we'll hit Peak Mustard?

Almost 14M acres of mustard seed a day to keep up with current flight numbers.
A DAY. There is around 37B acres of land on this planet.. I would bet 1/3 isnt farmable. If not more.
Not a very good idea..

Ah good. Yet another green-butthurt thread.

Poor pogo... Cant see the forest from the trees :dunno:

Then lemme help you.

An experiment in some new technological approach is to see if it works. Efficiency adjustments come later.

Hat-over-the-face OP seems to think these things hatch fully mature in his desperate attempt to naysay. That's so cute, in a pathetic kind of way.

I don't know --- or care --- what the potential of this technology is or isn't. I'm just amused that there's always some grumpy old man contrarian who will immediately leap up at any new idea and start crying the blues about "will never work". They seem to have no clue how pathetic they look.

Old farts be all like :lalala:

Then lemme help you.

An experiment in some new technological approach is to see if it works. Efficiency adjustments come later.

Hat-over-the-face OP seems to think these things hatch fully mature in his desperate attempt to naysay. And then you did the same thing.
That's so cute, in a pathetic kind of way.
oh pleeeeeeeeease :rolleyes:

Then lemme help you.

Hat-over-the-face OP seems to think these things hatch fully mature in his desperate attempt to naysay. That's so cute, in a pathetic kind of way.

I don't know --- or care --- what the potential of this technology is or isn't. I'm just amused that there's always some grumpy old man contrarian who will immediately leap up at any new idea and start crying the blues about "will never work". They seem to have no clue how pathetic they look.

Oh it's a regular thing. I've been watching it on message boards for 10-15 years. You can set your watch by it. Anything that challenges the status quo, solar, wind, bio, mustard, hybrid --- in short anything that challenges the mind to think outside the box that maybe there could be another way --- and they fall all over themselves to grumble grumble and whine about it--- just because it requires them to change the way they think.

OH THE HORROR.
hair-fire.gif

The irony in that of course is that conservation is by definition a conservative idea. So it becomes a clown show.

Then lemme help you.

Oh it's a regular thing. I've been watching it on message boards for 10-15 years. You can set your watch by it. Anything that challenges the status quo, solar, wind, bio, mustard, hybrid --- in short anything that challenges the mind to think outside the box that maybe there could be another way --- and they fall all over themselves to grumble grumble and whine about it--- just because it requires them to change the way they think.

OH THE HORROR.
hair-fire.gif

The irony in that of course is that conservation is by definition a conservative idea. So it becomes a clown show.
150 acres of seed to do one flight. You, facetiously ask, "when will we hit peak mustard?"
Give me a break.. "think outside the box" :rolleyes:

Then lemme help you.

OH THE HORROR.
hair-fire.gif

150 acres of seed to do one flight. You, facetiously ask, "when will we hit peak mustard?"
Give me a break.. "think outside the box" :rolleyes:

Yeah I did. And even you seem to have gotten the joke.

That's what I do with mockable rhetorical pathetitude. I mock it.

Hey, I find this sort of obtuse narrowmindedness hilarious. So sue me.

A couple of things here. First, it is the oil out of the seed that is used. So there is the seed pulp left. What happens to that? In other words, maybe the duel use makes this economic. Second, there are oil seeds that do grow in very inhospitable soils and climates, so this might be useful as a supplement.

Second, I do see all too many that immediately jump on any new idea tried, and do the 'Get a Horse' number. Sad that there are so many automatically closed minds among our 'Conservatives'. Right now they hate the most innovative auto company in the world in spite of that fact that it is American, and produces it's vehicles here in the US of A. It doesn't make a lot of noise or stink, so they have to hate it.

Forum List

Back