How I have embraced Green Energy

Are you kidding?
Who wouldn’t be thrilled with a Solar and Wind powered Clothes Dryer?

It pays for itself after just a few uses

Making your wife live like it's 1880 because you're in a cult...sad. Do you make her bathe in a barrel, too?

1710434819952.png

Banning clotheslines? That makes not a lick of sense.
/---/ Fortunately, the bans are getting repealed.
Yet for decades in parts of California, one of the greenest, simplest practices common throughout human history has been banned. We're talking about hanging your clothes out to dry on a clothesline. California's gated communities, mobile home parks, condos, and assisted-living retirement neighborhoods alike have all been known to ban clotheslines, the Los Angeles Times has reported.

Many homeowner associations ban clotheslines largely because of the idea that they're unsightly and hurt property values. Over the years, the assumption that clotheslines are ugly has been challenged, and a "Right to Dry" movement has spread throughout the U.S. Activists argue that using Mother Nature rather than the household dryer to dry one's clothes saves money and is good for the environment because it conserves electricity and energy. It makes clothes last longer too. One filmmaker even produced a movie about the issue, the 2012 documentary "Drying for Freedom."

I also designed my home to use solar lighting during the day.
It saves a lot on electricity
Have been working on the same project over here but we just do not get enough sun shine to make it easy .
However, creating an artificial source of sunlight has helped, and our latest pylon with mirrors is 150 metres high and has been agreed by our council after years of debate and appeals . It will be focused on a group of 37 houses to make it economic .

And our work on powering small cars with water is also developing very positively

/---/ Fortunately, the bans are getting repealed.
Yet for decades in parts of California, one of the greenest, simplest practices common throughout human history has been banned. We're talking about hanging your clothes out to dry on a clothesline. California's gated communities, mobile home parks, condos, and assisted-living retirement neighborhoods alike have all been known to ban clotheslines, the Los Angeles Times has reported.

Many homeowner associations ban clotheslines largely because of the idea that they're unsightly and hurt property values. Over the years, the assumption that clotheslines are ugly has been challenged, and a "Right to Dry" movement has spread throughout the U.S. Activists argue that using Mother Nature rather than the household dryer to dry one's clothes saves money and is good for the environment because it conserves electricity and energy. It makes clothes last longer too. One filmmaker even produced a movie about the issue, the 2012 documentary "Drying for Freedom."
HOAs suck

1. I bought my wife a Clothes Dryer that uses solar and wind to dry clothes

3. I have a boat that uses wind power
BTW . Have you taken out Patents on your Clothes Drier appliance ?
My solar energy company could be most interested in some linked activity over here either on a franchise basis or with defined distribution rights .
Don't let that Turdy Tainted get involved . He cannot be trusted .
He tried to sell something similar in the Welsh coal mining areas to help colliers who get never get their clothes bone dry for their next shift . But he shafted them .
One Glamorgan Echo headline was
"Shifty shafted shift workers "

I have not entirely abandoned fossil fuels but I am gradually embracing Green Energy.

2. My house uses solar lighting during the day.

Nice!

I have not entirely abandoned fossil fuels but I am gradually embracing Green Energy.

Let's not forget the ever present alternative of catching axfart in a bottle and painting it green.

Don't forget a solar powered torch for night.

Remember, your clothes dryer, solar lighting, and boat took fossil fuels to make. But I like your nativity.

Don't forget a solar powered torch for night.

Remember, your clothes dryer, solar lighting, and boat took fossil fuels to make. But I like your nativity.
I made one of those dryers. I guess the line itself took fossil fuels, but the wood grew naturally. Oh, and the saw they used to cut it ran off of fossil fuels. The solar lighting we've used since before the house was built. It's free.

I can't believe how much energy a $60,000 solar array did for a former coworkers house, his cost with subsidies was like $45,000 or something, and he racks up all these energy "credits" from providing more power than he uses, he basically will have free electricty in another 12-13 years after it pays for itself.
He'll just about need another roof by then! :auiqs.jpg:

Then what?

1710624080102.png

Actually they didn’t
Clothes dryer is the clothesline,
Solar lighting is putting the shades up
I can't believe how much energy a $60,000 solar array did for a former coworkers house, his cost with subsidies was like $45,000 or something, and he racks up all these energy "credits" from providing more power than he uses, he basically will have free electricty in another 12-13 years after it pays for itself.
Ummm..... That's not exactly a good sales pitch for solar.

Forum List

Back