How I have embraced Green Energy

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
I have not entirely abandoned fossil fuels but I am gradually embracing Green Energy.

1. I bought my wife a Clothes Dryer that uses solar and wind to dry clothes

2. My house uses solar lighting during the day.

3. I have a boat that uses wind power

I have not entirely abandoned fossil fuels but I am gradually embracing Green Energy.

I'd like it if my next car was a chariot. Are the spiky things on the wheels an additional option or standard ?

1710427029391.png

May I suggest living in a cave so you don't have to heat and cool it.

Also, munching on bugs instead of carbon emitting cows would be a nice start as well.

Bicycles are golden so sell the car!!!

Our climate czar is going to a climate conference soon in a private jet that offsets your energy consumption by 35 years.
Agreed.

Even two free thinking liberals can see through this idiocy now.

It is as transparent as a window.

You Should Question Climate Change! Here’s Why. w/Dr. Drew​

I can't believe how much energy a $60,000 solar array did for a former coworkers house, his cost with subsidies was like $45,000 or something, and he racks up all these energy "credits" from providing more power than he uses, he basically will have free electricty in another 12-13 years after it pays for itself.

I can't believe how much energy a $60,000 solar array did for a former coworkers house, his cost with subsidies was like $45,000 or something, and he racks up all these energy "credits" from providing more power than he uses, he basically will have free electricty in another 12-13 years after it pays for itself.

And how long is the replacement cycle?

". . Raw quartz is refined into silicon in industrial furnaces that emit carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide. It must then be further refined into polysilicon, producing silicon tetrachloride, a highly toxic compound. When combined with water, silicon tetrachloride produces hydrochloric acid. The act of producing one ton of polysilicon leads to three to four tons of silicon tetrachloride waste.

In fact, solar produces 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than does nuclear energy, according to Environmental Progress, a Berkeley, California, nonprofit that supports the expanded use of nuclear energy.

Americans have so far been shielded from the worst impacts of this waste, but only because solar currently produces no more than 3% of total U.S. energy, and because we have sent much of solar energy’s manufacturing processes to other countries.

A 2021 Bloomberg NEF report on solar trade and manufacturing indicated that China leads the world in producing solar wafers, solar cells, and solar modules. The report also noted that seven of the world’s top ten polysilicon producers were Chinese-owned. In 2019, two-thirds of the world’s supply of polysilicon was produced by companies based in China.

The Biden administration is targeting ethical and trade issues in Chinese solar production. As U.S. and state government policy continues to push for more domestic solar manufacturing and generation facilities, governments and businesses will have to mitigate their environmental impacts.. . . "

Solar technology has definitely improved over the last 20 years. Aside from reduced power costs, a proven solar system with documented savings adds value to your home. Estimates are between 2-4 percent of appraised value. I have to do a re-roof in a couple years I'm considering adding a large solar array at that time.

/----/ And there is nothing wrong with that if it works for you. Yet, I've read that a few HOAs mandate green energy while banning clotheslines outside.

LOL! You know solar panels don't last that long, right?

And how long is the replacement cycle?
Good question, the guy is a skilled mechanic and ran all the numbers, he will never have to pay someone to replace anything, he has already said it would have been easy to install it all himself, but this guy was the most experienced and knowledgable mechanic I ever worked with, plus he is rich, so money is not his biggest concern. I think he just realized it was more efficient. He even racked up credits in the winter.

Solar technology has definitely improved over the last 20 years. Aside from reduced power costs, a proven solar system with documented savings adds value to your home. Estimates are between 2-4 percent of appraised value. I have to do a re-roof in a couple years I'm considering adding a large solar array at that time.
He looked at that and said it cost too much to do what he did on the ground versus what it would take on the roof. He laid out the array on a bed of gravel next to his house. He also powers a large workshop next to his house.

I'll bet she was thrilled with that dryer. How long were you in the ICU?

Good question, the guy is a skilled mechanic and ran all the numbers, he will never have to pay someone to replace anything, he has already said it would have been easy to install it all himself, but this guy was the most experienced and knowledgable mechanic I ever worked with, plus he is rich, so money is not his biggest concern. I think he just realized it was more efficient. He even racked up credits in the winter.

The cost is in the replacement panels themselves.

Forum List

Back