Gov. Abbot of Texas Cut Funding for Local Food Banks by 44%

The Food Banks in Nassau County are funded 99% by private donations.
Nobody's starving.

The problem with these food banks is you don't have to prove you're poor. You just show up and they pass out food. Some of the people who collect the goods have a full-time job and own a home.

What does promoting the general welfare mean?

The concern of the government for the health, peace, morality, and safety of its citizens. Providing for the welfare of the general public is a basic goal of government. The preamble to the U.S. Constitution cites promotion of the general welfare as a primary reason for the creation of the Constitution.
Yes.....Texas (R) Gov Abbot was caught fiddling with files, fooling with folios, and fondling his feet in public.
He must resign immediately so the Democrats can install a people-friendly Governor and they can assure that a Republican never enters the White House ever again.

Why would a governor who is "people friendly" aka, someone who actually helps his constituents be a negative in your book? :laugh: :dunno:
Well....I dunno....this was from last October.
He was cutting about $100k from the program...back in October for some reason.
Things change.
Now tell me what this has to do with the suffering Biden caused in Texas in Feb.
Also....try explaining why Democrats wanted to defund the police in the middle of all of those riots last year.

But according to you folks....being people friendly means letting men use women's bathrooms.

Biden caused suffering in Texas? Is this the newest conspiracy theory going on around these days?
Yep....they set it up so they could attack Governor Abbot and get him out of office and replace him with a puppet.

Let me guess...now the Texas Republicans will blame AOC for food shortages? For trumptards, everything is someone else's fault.

I'm sure it was not Republicans who insisted on having windmills and solar panels provide 25% of energy to their electric grid. It's what Democrats wanted, and want to do that to the entire country, with likely the same results.
Do you guys even think before posting? If, as you say, alternate energy provided 25% of Texas energy (actual numbers are far less), what about the remaining 75%? Why did they fail?

Try thinking through issues without the usual knee-jerk posting based on what you hear from your usual right-wing echo chambers.

Do you guys even think before posting? If, as you say, alternate energy provided 25% of Texas energy (actual numbers are far less), what about the remaining 75%? Why did they fail?

Try thinking through issues without the usual knee-jerk posting based on what you hear from your usual right-wing echo chambers.

They failed because of you know.......global warming. Now they will begin to work on delivery systems that will withstand extremely cold temperatures like we have up north. Our power never went down, and I was plenty warm all winter.

Everyone doesn't get food stamps..only like 13% and being Texass is what they are I doubt it is that high. We are the richest nation in the world and surely we can spare food for people..

We are the richest people in the world, but our federal government is approaching 30 trillion in debt if the commies get their pork bill passed. Forced charity is not charity at all. Forced charity is theft.

Says the guy living off the gumbnit tit. Ray be a good lil conservative and give your money back and make your own way in life.

JFC it just doesn't get more MAGA than that!!!!!

MAGA

Says the guy living off the gumbnit tit. Ray be a good lil conservative and give your money back and make your own way in life.

I paid into that government tit for 45 years, just like you do for SS and Medicare. If I have it coming to me, I deserve to get that money back. Remember it was your precious governments decision, not mine.

I paid into that government tit for 45 years, just like you do for SS and Medicare. If I have it coming to me, I deserve to get that money back. Remember it was your precious governments decision, not mine.

The gubnit just started sending it to you? You being the manly man conservative you are couldn't make ig on your own. How MAGA of you. Gubnit come save me because I won't go to work anymore!!!

MAGA

..again, you pay income taxes each year. the government forces you (a constituent) to expend on articles of benevolence. James Madison is incorrect yes.

He was not wrong. The federal government was designed to govern--not as a charity organization. Yes, the government forces people to pay taxes for benevolence, but the founders didn't do that, the leftists did.

And you are now benefitting from it you freeloader.

MAGA

The gubnit just started sending it to you? You being the manly man conservative you are couldn't make ig on your own. How MAGA of you. Gubnit come save me because I won't go to work anymore!!!

MAGA

No, government determined my multiple medical conditions precluded my ability to work. New bureaucratic regulations that took me out. It was a government doctor who refused to renew my government mandated medical card, it was government doctors that reviewed all my medical records which I happily surrendered to them, it was government who made the decision (based on their very own doctors determination) that I could no longer work. It was governments decision that I was more than qualified for disability benefits, again, a program I paid into my entire life.

Let's see what you do if you are ever plagued with serious medical conditions. Let's see if you collect Social Security and Medicare benefits when you retire. I'll bet my dollar to your dime you'll collect every penny you worked for.

You people are such hypocrites it makes me want to vomit.

I sort of agree with this. Foodbanks are a failure of society. Our governments should ensure that those who need help get it rather than have to rely on charity.

Our government doesn't? Ever hear of SNAP's? The federal government does provide food to people who need it. In fact we spent over 85 billion dollars on the program last year alone.

MAGA

No, government determined my multiple medical conditions precluded my ability to work. New bureaucratic regulations that took me out. It was a government doctor who refused to renew my government mandated medical card, it was government doctors that reviewed all my medical records which I happily surrendered to them, it was government who made the decision (based on their very own doctors determination) that I could no longer work. It was governments decision that I was more than qualified for disability benefits, again, a program I paid into my entire life.

Let's see what you do if you are ever plagued with serious medical conditions. Let's see if you collect Social Security and Medicare benefits when you retire. I'll bet my dollar to your dime you'll collect every penny you worked for.

Good to see you supporting a safety net for people who have fallen on hard times. It could happen to anybody. I will move over so that you can sit next to me Ray.

I sort of agree with this. Foodbanks are a failure of society. Our governments should ensure that those who need help get it rather than have to rely on charity.

Our government doesn't? Ever hear of SNAP's? The federal government does provide food to people who need it. In fact we spent over 85 billion dollars on the program last year alone.
Obviously it isnt enough..

Good to see you supporting a safety net for people who have fallen on hard times. It could happen to anybody. I will move over so that you can sit next to me Ray.

It has nothing to do with me supporting it. It has to do with you insinuating that we don't help people when it comes to nutrition. What kind of newspapers do they have in your country anyway? The US are the fattest people on the planet.

Obviously it isnt enough..

It is enough. You apply for assistance, and if government standards are you have enough to easily feed yourself, then you don't get the assistance, or a reduced amount. You'll be hell pressed to find a story of an American starving to death.

MAGA

So YOU are sucking on the gubnit tit and loving it. How MAGA of you.

MAGA

MAGA

MAGA
That doesn't sound like Ray. He is happy to pay for his own insulin so he is quite independently minded.

Why complain to me? If you don't like our disability program, write to your commie representatives and tell them to end it. They put me out of work two years before I could retire. WTF could I do, especially at the beginning of a pandemic? All my professional experience is out the window. I'd be like a 18 year old high school kid looking for his first job in a 60 year old body. Who would hire me that pays a living wage? Soon afterwards, unemployment went up to 9%.

I'm not on any tit if I am collecting from a program I paid into my entire life. So once again I ask: When you retire, are you going to collect SS or use Medicare? Bet you won't answer that question hot shot.

Forum List

Back