The Defund Sanctuary Cities bill in Congress: Republicans want to cut federal aid to sanctuary states

So the feds can enforce it.

Nobody is stopping them.

This is not about illegal immigration, it's about the constitutional right to be a sanctuary city.

Not sure what all the rambling in that paragraph is supposed to mean.

What are my ideas?

All I can say is...........come on here, and tell everyone how much you like illegal immigrants. Proclaim it is not about the law of the land, but rather the law you seem to appreciate...........which is the Leftist law of................if we ignore it, we can rewrite it!

If you lose.........which is looking kinda/sorta likely, you can point back; because we will, how you accepted everything and said........oh well, what the hell; an then you were awakened to the fact Americans are not gonna stand for this crap.

You do realize, that if Trump gets put back in office, it isn't because he is the best thing since sliced bread, it is because your guy is totally terrible.

That is AWFUL!

All I can say is...........come on here, and tell everyone how much you like illegal immigrants. Proclaim it is not about the law of the land, but rather the law you seem to appreciate...........which is the Leftist law of................if we ignore it, we can rewrite it!

I don't like illegals so I won't do that.

If you lose.........which is looking kinda/sorta likely, you can point back; because we will, how you accepted everything and said........oh well, what the hell; an then you were awakened to the fact Americans are not gonna stand for this crap.

Point back to what?

All I stated is that sanctuary cities are protected by the constitution.

Feel free. Point back to where I have ever supported illegals.

You do know how to use the search function, right?

You do realize, that if Trump gets put back in office, it isn't because he is the best thing since sliced bread, it is because your guy is totally terrible.

That is AWFUL!
What does that have to do with sanctuary cities being constitutionally protected?

Do you or do you not support constitutional law? The same law that renders sanctuary cities constitutionally legal.

Yes or no?

I don't like illegals so I won't do that.

Point back to what?

All I stated is that sanctuary cities are protected by the constitution.

Feel free. Point back to where I have ever supported illegals.

You do know how to use the search function, right?

What does that have to do with sanctuary cities being constitutionally protected?

Do you or do you not support constitutional law? The same law that renders sanctuary cities constitutionally legal.

Yes or no?

OK, call me ignorant, but show where Sanc Cities are protected by the constitution.

IF it is because the President can say so, then it gives all of us a reason to remove him/her.

IF it is because you are 100% correct; which may be..............then it is an ABSOLUTE reason to amend what the President can, and can NOT do!

Personally.........and no offense.........but I think you are blowing a large puff of smoke. Eisenhower had the largest deportation program ever. IF in fact, it relies on who/whom the President is, then we THANK you very much as you just made our case!

OK, call me ignorant, but show where Sanc Cities are protected by the constitution.

IF it is because the President can say so, then it gives all of us a reason to remove him/her.

IF it is because you are 100% correct; which may be..............then it is an ABSOLUTE reason to amend what the President can, and can NOT do!

Personally.........and no offense.........but I think you are blowing a large puff of smoke. Eisenhower had the largest deportation program ever. IF in fact, it relies on who/whom the President is, then we THANK you very much as you just made our case!
Sanctuary cities are constitutionally protected by the fact that federal agencies can not compel state agencies to enforce federal law.

I am not so sure we want to make an amendment that gives the federal government power to direct state law enforcement. That is about as big a govenrment as you can get.

See below for precedent.

"In Printz, Justice Scalia reinforced that concept. “The Federal Government may neither issue directives requiring the States to address particular problems, nor command the States’ officers, or those of their political subdivisions, to administer or enforce a federal regulatory program,” Scalia said. “Such commands are fundamentally incompatible with our constitutional system of dual sovereignty.”

I'm glad Rs are pushing against the ridiculous bill the dims are supporting, which essentially would FUND illegal gate crashing more than the US already does

site

The "No Funding for Sanctuary Cities Act" is being introduced by Rep. August Pfluger, R-Texas, and would amend federal law so that any jurisdiction that blocks federal immigration enforcement would be ineligible for a range of federal law enforcement grants and any other grant administered by the Department of Homeland Security or Department of Justice.

me

Ok, I thought there was more here on that stupid bill the dims want passed. I'll find that info soon

In any case, scroll down to the 4th graphic/photo and you'll see a map of all the states that support Texas against the Jerk in Chief. I can't figure out why KS is not on the list... hmmm
Fine. Then Biden can cut FEMA aid to Texas & other red states. Next time there's a natural disaster don't look to FEMA to bail your sorry asses out.

Can you list deportations by the last two presidents.

Also, can you explain what a sanctuary city is.

This is not about illegal immigration, it's about the constitutional right to be a sanctuary city.
Not only is there NO right to be a sanctuary city or state, but it is a criminal act (felony) US Code 8 Section 1324.

Depending on the particular ramifications resulting from the violation, penalties can range from 10 years in a state prison to the death penalty.

Not only is there NO right to be a sanctuary city or state, but it is a criminal act (felony) US Code 8 Section 1324.

Depending on the particular ramifications resulting from the violation, penalties can range from 10 years in a state prison to the death penalty.
Incorrect.

The federal government cannot force state agencies to enforce federal law.

The 10th Amendment says that, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” In New York v. United States, Justice O’Connor wrote that a federal waste-management law “would ‘commandeer’ state governments into the service of federal regulatory purposes, and would for this reason be inconsistent with the Constitution’s division of authority between federal and state governments.”

In Printz, Justice Scalia reinforced that concept. “The Federal Government may neither issue directives requiring the States to address particular problems, nor command the States’ officers, or those of their political subdivisions, to administer or enforce a federal regulatory program,” Scalia said. “Such commands are fundamentally incompatible with our constitutional system of dual sovereignty.”

Incorrect.

The federal government cannot force state agencies to enforce federal law.

The 10th Amendment says that, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” In New York v. United States, Justice O’Connor wrote that a federal waste-management law “would ‘commandeer’ state governments into the service of federal regulatory purposes, and would for this reason be inconsistent with the Constitution’s division of authority between federal and state governments.”

In Printz, Justice Scalia reinforced that concept. “The Federal Government may neither issue directives requiring the States to address particular problems, nor command the States’ officers, or those of their political subdivisions, to administer or enforce a federal regulatory program,” Scalia said. “Such commands are fundamentally incompatible with our constitutional system of dual sovereignty.”
Incorrect. It is not a matter of the federal government forcing state agencies to enforce federal law. It is a matter of state (and city) agencies breaking federal law, by refusing to comply with it.

Harboring -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(iii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation.

And here the part where criminal Joe Biden has broken the law numerous times >>

Alien Smuggling -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(i) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing that a person is an alien, to bring to or attempts to bring to the United States in any manner whatsoever such person at a place other than a designated port of entry or place other than as designated by the Commissioner, regardless of whether such alien has received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the United States and regardless of any future official action which may be taken with respect to such alien.

Domestic Transporting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(ii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law.

Last edited:
Incorrect. It is not a matter of the federal government forcing state agencies to enforce federal law. It is a matter of state (and city) agencies breaking federal law, by refusing to comply with it.

Harboring -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(iii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation.

So republican governors are in violation of the law? Don't they transfer them to other states? Give them goody bags? Food? Clothes?

And here the part where criminal Joe Biden has broken the law numerous times >>

Alien Smuggling -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(i) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing that a person is an alien, to bring to or attempts to bring to the United States in any manner whatsoever such person at a place other than a designated port of entry or place other than as designated by the Commissioner, regardless of whether such alien has received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the United States and regardless of any future official action which may be taken with respect to such alien.

When did Biden do this?

Domestic Transporting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(ii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law.

More GOP governor law breaking?

Where are the lawsuits?

So republican governors are in violation of the law? Don't they transfer them to other states? Give them goody bags? Food? Clothes?
When did Biden do this?
More GOP governor law breaking?
Where are the lawsuits?
LOL. I knew we were going to hear that. Well, since Biden brought them into the US first, he should be indicted, prosecuted, & convicted for that first, right ?

And Republican governors can make a valid claim that they acted in self-defense of the constituents of their states. Biden has no argument whatsover. He's bringing them into the country unvetted, for VOTES, and the whole world knows it.

LOL. I knew we were going to hear that. Well, since Biden brought them into the US first, he should be indicted, prosecuted, & convicted for that first, right ?

What does that have to do with sanctuary cities?

And Republican governors can make a valid claim that they acted in self-defense of the constituents of their states. Biden has no argument whatsover. He's bringing them into the country unvetted, for VOTES, and the whole world knows it.

If you claim that transporting illegals is against the law then republican governors are not allowed to break the law just because you think they have a valid claim..

What does that have to do with sanctuary cities?

If you claim that transporting illegals is against the law then republican governors are not allowed to break the law just because you think they have a valid claim..
1. Read the law > US Code 8, Section 1324

2. That will be for the courts to decide, possibly the SCOTUS.

1. Read the law > US Code 8, Section 1324

2. That will be for the courts to decide, possibly the SCOTUS.
The cities didn't bring them here.

How do sanctuary cities break federal law?

The cities didn't bring them here.

How do sanctuary cities break federal law?
Again, READ the law, Mr Question Mark >>>

And the sanctuary city fathers can't hide from prosecution, because they are ON RECORD, by having passed laws making it illegal for city personnel to cooperate with, and report to ICE. Once we get rid of Biden, their prosecutions will be an automatic slam dunk.

Last edited:
Again, READ the law, Mr Question Mark >>>

And the sanctuary city fathers can't hide from prosecution, because they are ON RECORD, by having passed laws making it illegal for city personnel to cooperate with, and report to ICE. Once we get rid of Biden, their prosecutions will be an automatic slam dunk.
Yes, because the federal government can't compel state agencies to enforce federal law.

That is what a sanctuary city is.

If you disagree then feel free, file the lawsuit. Evidently nobody else has thought about. You could be a hero.

Forum List

Back