GOP Senate Filibusters Debt Ceiling Bill...Shutdown Looms

Sure...if they vote to do away with the filibuster.

You forget that McConnell is filibustering even a vote on this
That's because they are trying to force dems into spending their last reconciliation. I doubt it will work. Mitch will cave. I expect around Wednesday at about 11:30pm eastern time, they'll announce a deal just in the nick of time!

Put it in the Reconciliation.

If you can pass 3.5 trillion in spending without Republicans...what's a little debt limit increase?

"GOP lawmakers are attempting to force Democrats to add language suspending the borrowing limit to President Biden’s $3.5 trillion spending bill. Passing a debt ceiling measure like that through budget reconciliation would require Democrats to set a specific number for the hike."

You don't need Mitch... So what the fuck are you bitching about?

Stop with the party politics, suit up show up, work on some agreements, act like responsible adults Do what you were hired to do Fix things. Not keep dividing our country. The anger is at its limit, nothing good will come out of this insanity.
Demofks can’t comprise

Yup. You make a deal...sign the contract...and then write the check.

Republicans are refusing to right the check. In fact they're blocking it.
No, it's more like "you spend without boundaries, then raise the debt ceiling to cover it, then spend out of control again, then raise the debt ceiling to cover it...then spend out of.................."

Both sides do it. It's a bogus plan.

No, it's more like "you spend without boundaries, then raise the debt ceiling to cover it, then spend out of control again, then raise the debt ceiling to cover it...then spend out of.................."

Both sides do it. It's a bogus plan.
We spend because we need to.

The idea that we do it in this way IS ridiculous

Good 'ole Mitch has decided he wants the United States to default on its debt.

Yesterday it was "the Democrats need to do this themselves, we will not help.

Today they actually blocked the funding bill which is something completely different. Not unexpected, mind you, but different.

This may finally persuade the holdouts to dump the filibuster. It's time to change the rules and get some shit done.

I’m trying to give a shit. Can’t do it. All of the critical government gets paid and stays on the job. The rest are pretty much useless.

Id like to se a government shut down for a year or more. Then maybe you can all see how worthless these fucking people really are.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate Mitch. Nothing but a no good RINO, but he did the right thing here. Too much hidden shit in that bill.
You have to understand who these hair on fire psycho Leftist are ...

They will always be the first to tow the Communist Party line and parrot the Communist propaganda ....

These psychos are absolutely meaningless in reality !!!!

You have to understand who these hair on fire psycho Leftist are ...

They will always be the first to tow the Communist Party line and parrot the Communist propaganda ....

These psychos are absolutely meaningless in reality !!!!
What does communism have to do with the debt ceiling?

The debt ceiling is a delusion.

To understand that reality, one would have to possess a thorough understanding of the kind of monetary policy we have. Which you don't. You don't even have a rudimentary grasp.

You shouldn't be trying to discuss things you clearly don't grasp.

Just stop. Seriously....

Please do not respond to my comments with your single digit IQ ... BULLSHIT !!!

You have no clue what is happening here.

And, I will not waste my time trying to explain it to you.

Please consult your misunderstandings with Crepitus

Forum List

Back