GOP Campaign Consultants Panicked About Upcoming Midterms After Roe Decision

The only thing the GOP has to point out is how, as Alito wrote, the only thing the USSC did was to turn the power to legislate abortions over to the people, so they could decide what to do for themselves at the state level rather than be dictated to by federal politicians.

Leftists are violently losing their minds because they have been programmed to be sheep, to follow, and because they now lack the capacity to govern themselves.

You have to change the definition of marriage for gay marriage.

Nope, marriage was and still is the coming together of two human adults. Though I guess if you are big fan of the bible it is not limited to just two.
I guess. I'm surprised, honestly, we haven't seen polygamy

I am as well, seems the Christians would have been all over this one.

Personally I have no issue with polygamy as long as everyone is an adult.

Perhaps, but this is not a one time story that will be forgotten. Between now and Nov multiple states will pass more and more restrictive laws all trying to out do each other. Each time it will reignite the anger.

Plus, one does not have to be "leftist" to think that there should be exemptions for rape/incest/human trafficking victims. But more and more states will remove these.

Add in the attack on same sex marriage, which most people support and it gets a bit worse.

With any luck a few of the more well known Repubs will start talking about going after birth control also, since that is next in line for them

Ooooohhh so you're just having hallucinations here. Okay. Carry on.

Advice to would-be Democrat voters:

Before marking a ballot consider whether you'd be around to do dat if your mommy and daddy had believe in abortion as much as you!

Yes, voting Democrat is to show your disrespect for your very own parents!

You mean the view that abortion is not for them and they would never do it, but it is not their place to tell someone else what to do?

Ooooohhh so you're just having hallucinations here. Okay. Carry on.

Not at all. There are already multiple threads on this forum about it and Justice Thomas included it in his writing of the abortion ruling.

Nope, marriage was and still is the coming together of two human adults. Though I guess if you are big fan of the bible it is not limited to just two.

The Bible notes many multiple partner marriages. The Bible comes down pretty hard on divorce but we seem fine with that.

I am as well, seems the Christians would have been all over this one.

Personally I have no issue with polygamy as long as everyone is an adult.
F* whatever adult you want as long as it's consenting...the govt giving specific legal / monetary benefits to same-sex couples as heterosexual couples? Go for it. .

Just don't ask me to call it a 'marriage' - I will agree to 'union'.

Don't like my view? Leave me the f* alone then. Go live your life, and let me live mine.

One of the main problems is when 'you' get up, walk across the 'dance floor', and try to force your opinion, view, etc... on me.

Live your life.
- I'm good with that.
Ignore me.
- Why aren't 'you' good with that?

...And if you don't want none don't start none. I'm good with that.

F* whatever adult you want as long as it's consenting...the govt giving specific legal / monetary benefits to same-sex couples as heterosexual couples? Go for it. .

Just don't ask me to call it a 'marriage' - I will agree to 'union'.

Don't like my view? Leave me the f* alone then. Go live your life, and let me live mine.

One of the main problems is when 'you' get up, walk across the 'dance floor', and try to force your opinion, view, etc... on me.

Live your life.
- I'm good with that.
Ignore me.
- Why aren't 'you' good with that?

...And if you don't want none don't start none. I'm good with that.

I do not give a fuck what you call it, all I care is what the Govt calls it, since they are the ones giving the benefits.

Not at all. There are already multiple threads on this forum about it and Justice Thomas included it in his writing of the abortion ruling.

Most likely because these decisions, like Roe, were not made on strict Constitutional grounds. 10th Amendment--not in Constitution, belongs to the states. Now I know you want to hyperventilate about gay marriage and birth control, but those latter two would be much more difficult to unwind than abortion. I don't even think there's a will for the last one--sure, Catholics aren't supposed to use BC but very, very few want to impose that as a law.

The Bible notes many multiple partner marriages. The Bible comes down pretty hard on divorce but we seem fine with that.

It is odd indeed. Adultery and divorce, two things the bible talked about at length are no longer even seen as bad these days

Most likely because these decisions, like Roe, were not made on strict Constitutional grounds. 10th Amendment--not in Constitution, belongs to the states. Now I know you want to hyperventilate about gay marriage and birth control, but those latter two would be much more difficult to unwind than abortion. I don't even think there's a will for the last one--sure, Catholics aren't supposed to use BC but very, very few want to impose that as a law.

5 years ago I basically told my wife the same thing about RvW when Trump was elected. Then I defended his SCOTUS picks and told my wife and daughter they would not vote to overturn RvW.

They have now both reminded me how wrong I was.

So, yeah you will hopefully forgive me if I am not buying not the idea these things are safe....nothing is safe any longer

Left leaning Raw Story repeats a bogus article from left leaning Politico and presto, democrats think they finally have an issue to run on in the mid terms. Hey everyone, vote for the baby killers who don't trust the will of the people.

I do not give a fuck what you call it, all I care is what the Govt calls it, since they are the ones giving the benefits.
Wow, so hostile...

So we agree....the govt can choose to recognize a union between basically anyone or anything and offer physical and monetary compensation equal to what is given to heterosexual couples...fine.

Just do it.
STFU about it.
Stop making it a divisive issue.
Let's move on.

Next....

Wow, so hostile...

So we agree....the govt can choose to recognize a union between basically anyone or anything and offer physical and monetary compensation equal to what is given to heterosexual couples...fine.

Just do it.
STFU about it.
Stop making it a divisive issue.
Let's move on.

Next....

I was not the one that wrote about it in a SCOTUS ruling.

I have.

It's not your place in life to determine who others marry. It's incredibly sad to think there are people like yourself who believe they have the authority to do that. Control, control, control. It's quite sad.
Rule of thumb... don't make statements you can't defend.

"Because I don't like it" is not a valid argument.

Rule of thumb... don't make statements you can't defend.

"Because I don't like it" is not a valid argument.

I've defended it. There is nothing that gives you the ability to control the lives of others concerning who they wish to marry.

I was not the one that wrote about it in a SCOTUS ruling.
Ducking out of the conversation now? If it makes you uncomfortable then by all.means walk away.

Just FYI, since it is obvious you have not read what Conservative Justice Alito wrote, he stated nothing in the court's decision regarding the reversal of RvW should be falsely represented as opening the door to 'go after' same-sex marriages, contraceptives, etc... AS THEY ARE COMPLWTELY DIFFERENT ISSUES, CASES.

Alito went on to say this decision, as falsely being reported, suggested previous precedents, cases, etc regarding those other issues will be overturned or even considered.This, Alito made clear, is a LIE.

This case was not about a myriad of cases but about ONE, the Constitutionality of the Federal government dictating abortion agendas / rules on the people.

The decision to turn that power back to the states is the only thing that has been done.

If you feel you are not up to the challenge of self-governance then kindly move to the side. throw your tantrum over there, and allow people who are qualified/ capable to do so.

I've defended it. There is nothing that gives you the ability to control the lives of others concerning who they wish to marry.

Many people don't care to control who anyone marries ... But trying to make someone else bake them a cake is a different story.

Forum List

Back