GOP Campaign Consultants Panicked About Upcoming Midterms After Roe Decision

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
According to a report from Politico, while Republicans are publically applauding a decision from the conservative Supreme Court to dismantle the 50-year-old Roe v Wade decision that allowed women to get an abortion, in private they are admitting it could not have come at a worse time.

In interviews with Politico's David Siders, Republican Party campaign consultants are throwing up their hands in frustration at a ruling that will make it harder for them to do their jobs in November -- particularly as they try to bring suburban women back into the fold after four years of Donald Trump.

As one GOP adviser put it: "This is a losing issue for Republicans.”

Oh, look who’s bashing the decision in private

You’ve got bigger things to worry about Donny.

According to a report from Politico, while Republicans are publically applauding a decision from the conservative Supreme Court to dismantle the 50-year-old Roe v Wade decision that allowed women to get an abortion, in private they are admitting it could not have come at a worse time.

In interviews with Politico's David Siders, Republican Party campaign consultants are throwing up their hands in frustration at a ruling that will make it harder for them to do their jobs in November -- particularly as they try to bring suburban women back into the fold after four years of Donald Trump.

They should since many republican women did not want to see Roe overturned.

So the questions begs, "why would this decision come down now"?

There is an Establishment in America that just wants you to spend more money and they want to try and blame Trump for any GOP losses. Meanwhile, Clarence Thomas, a Bushy nomination, opens up the door for more changes, who does this hurt the most politically?

Americans want to win as a nation on the world stage, the Neo-Cons and alt-left Establishment want personal power at the expense of Americas global influence.

This is why I have no doubt that China is going to win. Frankly they deserve it based on the selfish motives of a few in the West that purposely hurt their own nation for their personal gain, albeit in potentially a weaker nation...

I've thought on this a bit.........I believed the Democrats were about to get crushed come November. This very well may mitigate that somewhat. Republican women are not going to come out and vote (D) but they well might stay home. The Democrats are better at getting out the vote.

The idea I hate is if you believe overturning RvW was the right thing to do, it simply is. I find it sad that so many would then be concerned "how does this affect us at the polls". It would be another instance of putting politics over principles.

I've thought on this a bit.........I believed the Democrats were about to get crushed come November. This very well may mitigate that somewhat. Republican women are not going to come out and vote (D) but they well might stay home. The Democrats are better at getting out the vote.

The idea I hate is if you believe overturning RvW was the right thing to do, it simply is. I find it sad that so many would then be concerned "how does this affect us at the polls". It would be another instance of putting politics over principles.

I think the right has greatly underestimated the reaction to this.

I have friends on FB that are about as non-political as it gets, never seen a political post from them, ever and some I have been FB friends with for more than 15 years. But now I am seeing them.

Add in the fact you already have people on the right taking aim at same sex marriage and even some talking about going after birth control, the mid-term outcome might be very different than what was expected

I think the right has greatly underestimated the reaction to this.

I have friends on FB that are about as non-political as it gets, never seen a political post from them, ever and some I have been FB friends with for more than 15 years. But now I am seeing them.

Add in the fact you already have people on the right taking aim at same sex marriage and even some talking about going after birth control, the mid-term outcome might be very different than what was expected

I do think that those who care about electability need to tell Clarence he needs to go back to not saying much. He is going to be a major campaign issue for the Democrats.

5% say it is a top issue......Look what you did to this country. You should be shot at todays sunset

that was before yesterday.

And before the same people cheering this are already setting their sites on same sex marriage and birth control

I think Clarence is mostly still bitter over his confirmation hearings and finally found a time to lash out.

It's kinda ironic for someone in what was once an illegal marriage threatening the marriages of others.

This Democrat attempt at blatant and clumsy spin will not work.

And before the same people cheering this are already setting their sites on same sex marriage and birth control

Like I’ve been saying for years. The one thing you can count on after Republicans get elected. They will act like Republicans.

And it doesn’t take the country long to get tired of the smell.

Oh this again, more "anonymous" Sources. And if it really did happen, fuck those people for lying on the campaign trail. Be careful what you wishfor, you just got it. And I fucking love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if they used the same shit legal reasoning then they may be. Marriage is done by the states, again it's not in the Constitution......why do you guys hate federalism so badly?

Well if they used the same shit legal reasoning then they may be. Marriage is done by the states, again it's not in the Constitution......why do you guys hate federalism so badly?

Marriage has federal implications. Such as tax breaks. You can do away with all of them and then the argument changes. I'm all for getting the government out of marriage.

Marriage has federal implications. Such as tax breaks. You can do away with all of them and then the argument changes. I'm all for getting the government out of marriage.
I don't care, it's not done by the federal government, it's not their job. Just wait until you find out murder and rape are state crimes not federal ones.

I don't care, it's not done by the federal government, it's not their job. Just wait until you find out murder and rape are state crimes not federal ones.

I have no idea what that has to do with anything I said other than it being an attempt by you to avoid my point. The marriage tax implications is done by the federal government.

Forum List

Back