Statins.

Raynine

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2023
I keep riding my bicycle and doing gym upper body workouts. I know that the best doctors I have are my bike and the health club I go to. I know that no one is going to take care of me like a parent and I do not expect that. Unlike many from my generation I am not 50 pounds overweight. alcoholic, drug-addled with recreational and prescription concoctions and do not suffer from chronic respiratory damage brought on by tobacco and weed smoking. I watched what happened to my parents generation as they ate too much, drank too much, smoked too much, were sedantary, and died from lifestyle choices that killed them as they aged. I do not aspire to leave this world by having a heart attack on a cruise ship or getting a leg sawed off from diabetes. I like to keep my body mass index acceptable through excercise and diet not by taking chemicals that paralyze my stomach and wreak havoc on gut biome.

The medical center in the city I live near has alerted me that my thyroid is underactive. This has affected hormone levels and is causing a rise in LDL cholesterol. I am advised to take a Statin. This is based on very flawed informaton called the Framingham Study which identified high cholesterol levels as causing heart diesase. What is not shared with the public is that taking Statins has not been shown to improve outcomes and cure heart disease. I am not taking any Statins.

The processed food we eat, the alcohol we drink, and the drugs we take are causing heart disease. I am not worried at all about cholesterol levels. I will do a better job of watching my diet and that is all I should need to do. If they want to put me in a clinical trial I will do it.

It’s wise to never believe the HC establishment, particularly after the Covid vax debacle. Of course, I was suspicious of the HC establishment long ago due to the shit they did to me. So I never considered taking the vax.

Statins are entirely unnecessary and dangerous. I’ve had high cholesterol for years. Statins were offered and I refused. My new doctor said you should get a CT Heart Calcium Scoring test to check for plaque buildup. I did and it was a simple test taking less that five minutes. It showed my arteries were clear.

My wife’s cousin was servely injured by taking a statin. He lost the use of his legs at 65 years old, over 10 years ago. He’s still alive but bedridden. Never got to enjoy his gold plated retirement.

It’s wise to never believe the HC establishment, particularly after the Covid vax debacle. Of course, I was suspicious of the HC establishment long ago due to the shit they did to me. So I never considered taking the vax.

Statins are entirely unnecessary and dangerous. I’ve had high cholesterol for years. Statins were offered and I refused. My new doctor said you should get a CT Heart Calcium Scoring test to check for plaque buildup. I did and it was a simple test taking less that five minutes. It showed my arteries were clear.

My wife’s cousin was servely injured by taking a statin. He lost the use of his legs at 65 years old, over 10 years ago. He’s still alive but bedridden. Never got to enjoy his gold plated retirement.
they are highly effective and safe for most people...for some people side effects are an issue........but side effects come with any medication....

they are highly effective and safe for most people...for some people side effects are an issue........but side effects come with any medication....
And yet, the dangers of high cholesterol are entirely made up to make money. It’s always about the money.

Statins will lower cholesterol, but cholesterol is not a problem. So, it’s a drug that has no benefit yet makes billions for the drug pushers aka Big Pharma.

And yet, the dangers of high cholesterol are entirely made up to make money. It’s always about the money.

Statins will lower cholesterol, but cholesterol is not a problem. So, it’s a drug that has no benefit yet makes billions for the drug pushers aka Big Pharma.

I am on Atorvostatin for high cholesterol

Should I go to my Doctor and tell him that gripper says it is entirely made up?

I am on Atorvostatin for high cholesterol

Should I go to my Doctor and tell him that gripper says it is entirely made up?
Yes. I likely know more than the drug pusher you call a doctor.

After Covid, your appeal to authority is laughable. Remember never do your own research.

Yes. I likely know more than the drug pusher you call a doctor.

After Covid, your appeal to authority is laughable. Remember never do your own research.

I am sure my Doctor will be impressed by your credentials

What is not shared with the public is that taking Statins has not been shown to improve outcomes and cure heart disease. I am not taking any Statins.

Agree 100% .
The more recent research evidence indicates that Statins can be dangerously harmful and that there are plenty of natural ways to reduce Cholesterol .

I have a wonder GP but she seems unaware of this .
But only because of the enormous pressure she is under.
A caring GP like mine works a 14 hour day and mine will ring me as late as 23.00 for a long chat -- she has an evening appointments telephone list and there is simply not enough time in the day for her to care and diagnose plus read research paper summaries .
In looks she aged 10-15 years during the first two years of the scamdemic

I keep riding my bicycle and doing gym upper body workouts. I know that the best doctors I have are my bike and the health club I go to. I know that no one is going to take care of me like a parent and I do not expect that. Unlike many from my generation I am not 50 pounds overweight. alcoholic, drug-addled with recreational and prescription concoctions and do not suffer from chronic respiratory damage brought on by tobacco and weed smoking. I watched what happened to my parents generation as they ate too much, drank too much, smoked too much, were sedantary, and died from lifestyle choices that killed them as they aged. I do not aspire to leave this world by having a heart attack on a cruise ship or getting a leg sawed off from diabetes. I like to keep my body mass index acceptable through excercise and diet not by taking chemicals that paralyze my stomach and wreak havoc on gut biome.

The medical center in the city I live near has alerted me that my thyroid is underactive. This has affected hormone levels and is causing a rise in LDL cholesterol. I am advised to take a Statin. This is based on very flawed informaton called the Framingham Study which identified high cholesterol levels as causing heart diesase. What is not shared with the public is that taking Statins has not been shown to improve outcomes and cure heart disease. I am not taking any Statins.

The processed food we eat, the alcohol we drink, and the drugs we take are causing heart disease. I am not worried at all about cholesterol levels. I will do a better job of watching my diet and that is all I should need to do. If they want to put me in a clinical trial I will do it.

My doctor wanted me to take statins. After a bit of research, I declined and am taking red yeast rice supplements.

My doctor wanted me to take statins. After a bit of research, I declined and am taking red yeast rice supplements.
Get the test I mentioned above. It tells you exactly the condition of your arteries.

I too was taking red yeast rice but after the test, it obviously wasn’t necessary.

can you prove that high cholesterol is not a problem?...

can you prove that high cholesterol is not a problem?...
I’m proof. As I stated above, I have very high cholesterol yet the CT Heart Calcium Scoring test showed little to no plaque. I’ve never taken a statin and never will.

Do some research. There is plenty showing cholesterol is not dangerous. And statins are. Better to take niacin anyway.
Niacin Was, Is, and Always will be Essential to Life and the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease, Just for Starters

Niacin is distinguished as the only NAD precursor that consistently corrects dyslipidemia, favorably adjusting cholesterol, triglycerides, VLDL, LDL, ApoB, and Lp(a) levels in an unparalleled manner, and it has repeatedly reduced cardiovascular disease events in randomized clinical trials. [7]
Plain old grocery store available niacin still has the best outcomes for cardiovascular disease, even after nearly 90 niacin-inclusive trials attempting to improve.

The historical fact is that high-dose (≥500mg) niacin therapy has been proven to correct dyslipidemia and reduce cardiovascular disease in many independent randomized clinical trials since 1955. [7]

When niacin is assessed on its own in clinical trials, the results are that it clearly reduces the risk for strokes, acute coronary syndrome (any sudden reduced blood flow to the heart) and the likelihood for revascularization procedures, niacin clearly provides tremendous benefits in the context of cardiovascular disease. [19]

I’m proof. As I stated above, I have very high cholesterol yet the CT Heart Calcium Scoring test showed little to no plaque. I’ve never taken a statin and never will.
I think plaque is the rat in the woodpile. It binds other things together, including cholesterol, to plug up the small coronary arteries (and may contribute to that plaque in the brain suspected in Alzheimer's). As doctors don't know how to prevent plaque buildup in the bloodstream, they blame the cholesterol.

Plaque is a result of poor digestion. If you have this "scum" on the back of your tongue you likely have plaque in your bloodstream. Best to adjust your diet to eliminate it.

Forum List

Back