Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I have watched these shows on either
Netflix (subscription obviously)
AsianCrush (free app)
Amazon Prime (subscription)
Youtube (free app)

One thing to keep in mind is the shows are FAR BETTER in their original language as the dubbing to English is often so over the top that it makes the actors seem like they're straight out of a HighSchool play. Of course that likely means you have to read the lines. At first this was a big turn off but I'm so used to it now I don't even notice I'm doing it.

Anyhow onto the list.

1. My Name (female John Wick with really good character development)

2. Sysyphus (excellent post apocalyptic science fiction with time travel)

3. Black (grim reaper posses a human cop to catch a rogue reaper)

4. Jo pil ho the dawning rage (cop drama about corruption)

5. Kingdom (zombies in Feudal Japan....EXCELLENT SHOW!)

6. Train to Busan (modern day zombies also really good)

7. Rurouni kenshin the beginning (fantastic live action adaptation of the Manga...make sure to watch this one first as there is a sequel.

8. Ju On origins (prequel of sorts to The Ring which was a remake of Ju On)

9. Hotel Del Luna (female rebel from Feudal times is cursed to never die and runs a hotel for lost spirits who can't find their way across. Most of the show is current day with flashbacks to her original LIFE)

10. Kingdom Ashin of the North ( a prequel MOVIE to the seasons of the show mentioned above with the same name.

11. It's OK to not be OK (show focuses on people with a variety of mental health disabilities and the people who take care of them. There are hints of paranormal things but I haven't finished the series so not sure if it's going somewhere with the hints. It's basically a dichotomy of greed vs selflessness and it's done pretty well)

12. The K2 (only 4 episodes in and not sure what I think just yet but the premise is interesting)

13. The Witch part 1 The Subversion (been to long so I forgot but I remember enjoying it)

14. Sweet Home (crazy monster series but entertaining)

15. Squid Game (terribly stupid and poorly acted)

16. Ghost Theater (anthology)

Feel free to toss out any you've enjoyed!

I don’t care for sci-fi fantasy blood and guts shit. So I won’t be watching, but thanks anyway.

I read that Hollywood is remaking Train to Busan…

Personally I believe Hollywood will screw it up like they did with Girl with the Dragon Tattoo…

Forum List

Back