Go Ahead, Remove Roe V. Wade

I am against abortion at any stage, early or late.

But I am also against the SCOTUS ignoring 50 years of its own precedent merely because the make up of the court changed. This will totally invalidate the court and make them no different than the other two branches.
50 years of allowing Roe versus wade to be abused. Which includes late term abortions

I agree, but how is this different than those on the left that cheered when unvaccinated people died? You remained silent there but not here? Your callous leftwing politics run you.
Who cheers? If facts are presented on deaths from the Pandemic I doubt anyone cheers, let alone the entire left. The left puts people before profits, the callous conservatives don't give a damn and cheer when the number of deaths occur from the virus vaccines. See the recent thead by the FEAR MONGERING:

Thank you for con-firming there's no law forcing people to get the vaccine or any vaccine.
I never said there was, I am not sure why you thought so, the courts shot down Biden's vaccine mandate.

Not sure why you are hung up on it?

The Federalist papers disagree. The Federal power is few while the States are large. Just because the constitution has been basterdized doesnt make it right.
Thats interesting. Can you cite where the Federalist papers
The US was built on the concept of federalism. If you don’t know what that is, look it up.
Does that mean the 2nd Amendment does not impact the states?

Thank you for con-firming there's no law forcing people to get the vaccine or any vaccine.
It's an unhelpful and false comparison, I agree.

But abortion is a rather unique issue. Roe itself was paternalistic, since O'Connor was the first woman to have any say, and even she concurred in Casey which "watered down" Roe. An abortion ban has NO EFFECT on the sperm donor. Unless a woman comes from a middle class background where the sperm donor has a financial ability to pay if she brings a paternity action. And in that case, the woman already opted to carry the child to term, and raise it. The law at issue from Miss is both paternalistic and arguably misogynist because it only mandates parenthood on the female.

Thats interesting. Can you cite where the Federalist papers

Does that mean the 2nd Amendment does not impact the states?
any power not "enumerated" in the constitution is reserved to the states, and states are limited by individual's rights under the BoR. But the BoR now applies equally to the federal govt, and we have had an expansive view of that power is enumerated for the federals .... really since Washington was potus.

The concept still has some application though, at least in the theory of what is a power and what is a right. But if you think Ben Franklin or better yet Ole TJ thought there'd be a law preventing a women from "getting rid" of his kid, esp if he paid her off .... I have a bridge in Brooklyn that could make you a lot of money if you bought it from me.

Last edited:
Correct.

Conservatives will bring about the balkanization of our civil rights.
Or more a "reclassification" of rights. Balkanization is guess too. But seriously, do you think Mercedes or BMW or Amazon or even Coke will have any professional jobs outside assembly and warehouse in any state without abortion rights?

But Roe itself was created by MEN. Three generations of women have grown up having no concept of what could be done to them by the State.

The Revolution will NOT be Televised.

No, because the Supreme Court will strike down that law as well.

This is an example of the irreparable damage to the country the consequence of Trump.
It's called overturning Roe v Wade, which is never going to happen, you are just saber rattling. You are a drama queen.

I am against abortion at any stage, early or late.

But I am also against the SCOTUS ignoring 50 years of its own precedent merely because the make up of the court changed. This will totally invalidate the court and make them no different than the other two branches.
Everyone's against abortion, that's not the issue.

The issue is the right's desire to increase the authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty, sanctioned by a partisan Supreme Court more interested in following conservative dogma rather than settled, accepted case law.

Forum List

Back