GM designing & building electric cars in China.

sounds more like a major car manufacturing corporation trying to make a more robust bottom line. Its called capitalism.

Actualy, whereas it is capitalism, it is by no means business as normal.
There are many automobile makers that were not suffering fiuancnailly that would have jumped into that market if it were deemed a viable investment.

Yet, it seems the one that required a government bailout is the only one.

So the question is....why did Ford not go for it? Nissan? Toyota?

Seems to me this could be another tax payer investment into a green idea that is not ready for prime time.

ford is not in China?

John Deere is.
And Farm aid is what made Deere what it is today.

I am referring to the "electric car" market.

But you knew that......no?

.....Probably, because....China isn't loaded with a herd o' Christian Teabaggers (who think anti-petroleum = anti-Christ).

handjob.gif

Is that going to be the official pitch for higher energy prices?

It doesn't really matter anyway. China will not give us permission to export cars made here to them. We should just all apologize, hope for their forgiveness, and move on. Shaman needs to get laid.

There are many automobile makers that were not suffering fiuancnailly that would have jumped into that market if it were deemed a viable investment.

Seems to me this could be another tax payer investment into a green idea that is not ready for prime time.

ford is not in China?

John Deere is.

Ford has an electric car?
I thought only hybrids?

Jarhead, it sucks that we had to bail out GM, no one wanted that. It goes against what we once thought was a very reliable and sustainable system. My main concern was the supply chain involved. Napa Auto parts, Pep Boys, local repair shops, I have been over seas for 5 years so you will have to excuse me as I forget some of the name brand supply chains. Losing these would have just juiced the unemployment numbers to a unmanageable high, imo.

ford is not in China?

John Deere is.

I thought only hybrids?

Sorry...trying to work while playing on this site....so no time for games.

So here it is...simple...

Why did GM decide it best to open a plant in China to cater to the demand for electric cars in China yet Ford, Nissan and Toyota did not deem it worthy of catering to that demand?

Is it possible that the demand is speculation on not based on anything concrete?

Shouold a company that is trying to regroup and in debt to the US taxpayer be jumping into ventures that are not deemed as worthy investments by the more successful competition?

Last edited:
Jarhead, it sucks that we had to bail out GM, no one wanted that. It goes against what we once thought was a very reliable and sustainable system. My main concern was the supply chain involved. Napa Auto parts, Pep Boys, local repair shops, I have been over seas for 5 years so you will have to excuse me as I forget some of the name brand supply chains. Losing these would have just juiced the unemployment numbers to a unmanageable high, imo.

Actually, the ones you mentioned were retailers and they actually do better during tough timesw as people tend to "fix" as opposed to replace.
The other side of it are the manufacturers of machine/auto parts...and they were hit hard during the slowdown of the auto industry.

But the question is...did we simply defer the inevitable by bailing out GM to save UAW jobs and machine shop jobs?

Truth is, there is always someone to pick up the slack when a major firm goes under...and if the pick up the demand slack, then they will need to pick up the vendor slack as well.

Ford did things right.....and now they are competing with a firm that did things wrong, got money fropm the government, and can "gamble" as it is government money they are playing with.

They lose the gamble, they dont lose.....its not their money. They win the gamble...they win.

sounds more like a major car manufacturing corporation trying to make a more robust bottom line. Its called capitalism.

ford is not in China?

John Deere is.
.....And....

(....Since 1974.)

GHW_08_lg.jpg

$
001109b42f73093c721057.jpg

$
bush%2520in%2520china-720735.jpg

I thought only hybrids?

Why did GM decide it best to open a plant in China to cater to the demand for electric cars in China yet Ford, Nissan and Toyota did not deem it worthy of catering to that demand?

Is it possible that the demand is speculation on not based on anything concrete?

Shouold a company that is trying to regroup and in debt to the US taxpayer be jumping into ventures that are not deemed as worthy investments by the more successful competition?

Nissan is to build electric cars in China and so is Honda.

Ford is geared up for it is they deem it advisable. They have 4 plants there.

And there are those who advocate a trade war with china. what would happen to the trillions of US investment in China if that were to happen?

.....Probably, because....China isn't loaded with a herd o' Christian Teabaggers (who think anti-petroleum = anti-Christ).

handjob.gif

Is that going to be the official pitch for higher energy prices?

It doesn't really matter anyway. China will not give us permission to export cars made here to them. We should just all apologize, hope for their forgiveness, and move on. Shaman needs to get laid.
"Like his father, George Sr. was focused on his work. In Midland he helped start two banks and soon was involved in several other ventures, including serving on the board of an oil field equipment company named Camoc, Inc. He joined the boards of the American Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors, the Independent Petroleum Association, and the Texas Mid-Continental Oil and Gas Association.

By the late 1950s, Zapata was going in two different directions. The firm was not really making much money. George saw the firm's future in offshore drilling. His partners Hugh and Bill Liedtke wanted instead to concentrate on building a larger presence on land in Texas.

The two visions might have been reconciled, but there was also friction concerning the interference of George's uncle, Herbie Walker. A major investor in the firm who had helped round up other investors, Herbie wanted his voice heard on just about every matter. Forceful and tough, Herbie irritated Hugh Liedtke to no end. Finally it was decided that the business should be split. George would take Zapata Offshore and the Liedtkes would take Zapata Petroleum. Herbie and his fellow investors bought out the Liedtkes' 40 percent stake in Zapata Offshore while the Liedtkes bought out the Bush-Walker interest in Zapata Petroleum. At the time, George owned about 15 percent of the company, a stake worth about six hundred thousand dollars.

Despite the split, however, the friendship between George Bush and Hugh Liedtke would last, as they so often do with George Bush, for a lifetime. Liedtke would go on to run the oil giant Pennzoil, and by 1973, fifteen years after their split, Liedtke wanted drilling rights in China.

George Bush, who had just ended his term as the U.S. representative there, accompanied him to Beijing to meet with Chinese officials. Shortly afterward, Liedtke was granted the first drilling rights in China."

:eusa_whistle:

Tell me about any multinational corporation that holds patriotism as a high standard in America?

They will all do whatever they can to make the most profit and get the most govt money.

Its why I feel no loyalty at all to buy the "American" Cars. Ford, GM, and Chrysler have been making cars and parts in China, Mexico, etc, and selling them here for years. When I buy a Toyota, I at least know some of the parts are made here and employ Americans. Plus, I'm getting a higher quality vehicle.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Nissan is to build electric cars in China and so is Honda.

Ford is geared up for it is they deem it advisable. They have 4 plants there.

And there are those who advocate a trade war with china. what would happen to the trillions of US investment in China if that were to happen?

U.S. to Take Action on China Trade
The U.S. will announce later Tuesday a "major" trade-enforcement action against China, continuing the Obama administration's more aggressive stance against its second-largest trading partner.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I knew that's what they would do. They built an 800 million dollar plant in Mexico too,, AFTER we bailed their sorry asses out. the demonRats get what they paid for. They deserve it too. Me? I'll always buy Toyota.
Where do you live ? The ones you get in the Mpyre are built according to your masters specs.
The good ones are only available in the real (Non-Disney)world.

I just rebuilt this one at 600,200 kilometers = 378,000 +- miles. About . It was smoking a little.:eusa_shhh:

4200 lbs. 28-31mpg diesel, depending on terrain, all the way back to the 1960's but never available there.The free country just to your north had them though. The gasoline models your masters demanded for import got about 8 miles to the gallon.

Attachments

• $P9030303.resized.JPG
    $P9030303.resized.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Okay is GM building a plant or SELLING china the right to produce electric cars of their design?

We seem to be of two minds on this issue.

Yes, thanks for pointing out what an idiot you are.

The Volt is STILL being made in Detroit. Not only that, but they are adding jobs there at a nice click.

It is actually quite a coup to be making and selling the car in China. I'm truly sorry that you are too short-sighted to see that.

I don't have a problem with it at all, retardo.
You pointed out the car is not being manufactured in China.
I corrected your misinformed, ignorant claim.

You're welcome.

Really? Where did I say that? They aren't being made there...yet.

Even when they ARE being made in China, they will still be made here as well.

Are you really this stupid or just an asshole that can't help yourself being an asshole?

Yeah. It's the bolded bit. He's actually mentally incapable of making a point without including a personal attack. I think it's a form of developmental disability.

Forum List

Back