Get Rid of Reactions "race"

It seems that some have gotten competitive in the reactions realm. I had to disable being notified about reactions because of the dozens of reactions I was getting.

View attachment 333815

I think we should have more reaction choices but I think having a "leaderboard" for the reactions given has been counter productive. I'm expecting several reactions to this post...lol..
Maybe you should suck less.

Didn't take long for the first crybaby to bitch about well deserved negative ratings.
A-shhh..it doesn't get any better than this. :coffee:
Actually, it does get better. You making a fucking horses ass of yourself.

The only alerts I opted in for were when I was quoted by someone or someone posts in a thread I recently posted in.

IDGAF about points and reactions

Screenshot_2020-05-09 Get Rid of Reactions race .png

53-531653-clip-arts-related-to-small-red-down-arrow-png.jpg
see? works every time... like a wussy to a flame.

:auiqs.jpg:

It's getting abused, and we are trying to change the "reactions" but getting the attention of God's has been frustrating to say the least.

One thing I will mention - if people abuse the function of "dislike" on one poster, it's no different than abusing the "funny" or in the old system - neg repping. We set it at 6 per day on any one member. It can become stalking. If you feel that's the case contact a mod.

It seems that some have gotten competitive in the reactions realm. I had to disable being notified about reactions because of the dozens of reactions I was getting.

View attachment 333815

I think we should have more reaction choices but I think having a "leaderboard" for the reactions given has been counter productive. I'm expecting several reactions to this post...lol..
Whambulance.gif

Just a reminder guys - this thread is in Zone 1...no flaming.

It's getting abused, and we are trying to change the "reactions" but getting the attention of God's has been frustrating to say the least.

One thing I will mention - if people abuse the function of "dislike" on one poster, it's no different than abusing the "funny" or in the old system - neg repping. We set it at 6 per day on any one member. It can become stalking. If you feel that's the case contact a mod.
Whoa. In my crystal ball, I see someone getting in trouble soon......lol

It’s not abuse I’m alleging. I think though that when you advertise a “leaderboard” for reactions you create—believe it or not—a contest that some actually try to win.

In my case, I disabled the notifications for reactions because I Was getting so many of them. I blame the contest but I may have gotten them anyway. My point is this...why encourage it?

Who's crying? I think a thumbs down button is absolutely necessary on a debate forum. Only positives forced posters to use the funny button to mock. I like the thumbs down button.
Obviously you're not who's crying or abusing it, then. :)
I think it's fine the way it is. Of course that's gotta get messed up. :auiqs.jpg:

Who's crying? I think a thumbs down button is absolutely necessary on a debate forum. Only positives forced posters to use the funny button to mock. I like the thumbs down button.
You've been saying all along that USMB would end up getting rid of the thumbs down button like they did the neg rep system, but even though I don't really understand what that neg rep system was about, didn't it take away points, put posters out of commission or something? I'd be dead if they still had that system. The thumbs down button doesn't do anything to you. It's just a reaction. So what?

Now, getting 12 in a row by the same poster in half an hour, to me that shows I blistered his ass, must be doing something right. But if I can report him to a mod for that?

1589229656212.png

Not sure I mean that. We'll see. But watch out for my grumpy days, guys.

You've been saying all along that USMB would end up getting rid of the thumbs down button like they did the neg rep system, but even though I don't really understand what that neg rep system was about, didn't it take away points, put posters out of commission or something? I'd be dead if they still had that system. The thumbs down button doesn't do anything to you. It's just a reaction. So what?

Now, getting 12 in a row by the same poster in half an hour, to me that shows I blistered his ass, must be doing something right. But if I can report him to a mod for that?

View attachment 334834

So 5 days a week, amirite? :icon_lol:

View attachment 334834

So 5 days a week, amirite? :icon_lol:
I don't know what you mean.

View attachment 334834

OL, you have patience.

But you ain't gettin' my little dog too!

There is only one button worth a hoot and that is the like button. The only other button I use somewhat is the laugh button, but for only those posts that are truly funny. If I dislike a post, I will respond by addressing the post. Using the dislike button is the lazy man’s way to address a post you disagree with. Not that I haven’t used it, I just seldom do. By the way, why should I increase someone’s reaction points and therefore reward them for their stupidity.

Last edited:

View attachment 333815

Conservatives like to troll-react negatively when they don't have an argument.
Lots of then would leave the site if they are prevented from feeling powerful via their reactions.

There is only one button worth a hoot and that is the like button. The only other button I use somewhat is the laugh button, but for only those posts that are truly funny. If I dislike a post, I will respond by addressing the post. Using the dislike button is the lazy man’s way to address a post you disagree with. Not that I haven’t used it, I just seldom do. By the way, why should I increase someone’s reaction points and therefore reward them for their stupidity.
I never thought about it that way. People pay attention to their reaction points?

Forum List

Back