Gerber allows custom artwork on their Center-drive multitool...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I cant believe I've never owned a multi tool.
I've always wanted one but just havent gotten around to getting one.
The Leatherman Juice is back for a limited time.

I looked back in old posts and I've had my Wave for 11 years now...so there is no doubt from personal experience that they are built to last even after being abused.

The Leatherman Juice is back for a limited time.

I looked back in old posts and I've had my Wave for 11 years now...so there is no doubt from personal experience that they are built to last even after being abused.
I have the same one and it's at least 10 years old.

it's never let me down

So do you have a preference between the Leatherman and the Gerber?
I do...but it's a decade old preference.

I started out with a $30 Gerber.

When I broke it they replaced it no questions asked.

That was 2010.

In 2011 I bought the Wave with the driver extension and driver bit set...and I have no idea where that Ripstop is anymore.

The Wave was so perfect for my use that I couldn't justify the expense of another multitool.

I carry it on my belt every day.

IMG_20221104_111348423_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20221104_111453448_HDR~2.jpg

Gerber's Center drive is $165...a far cry from their early multitools like I had. That's about twice the price of the Leatherman Wave I saw at $89 retail.

I have to assume their quality, durability and usefully has increased commensurate with the price.

That was 2010.

In 2011 I bought the Wave with the driver extension and driver bit set...and I have no idea where that Ripstop is anymore.

The Wave was so perfect for my use that I couldn't justify the expense of another multitool.

View attachment 720794

View attachment 720795

Gerber's Center drive is $165...a far cry from their early multitools like I had. That's about twice the price of the Leatherman Wave I saw at $89 retail.

I have to assume their quality, durability and usefully has increased commensurate with the price.

I guess I'll have to take a look at both.

That was 2010.

View attachment 720794

View attachment 720795

Know anything about the Leatherman Surge?

Let us know what you think of it. I wish my Wave had the replaceable wire cutters. They are getting worn down.

Well the Leatherman Surge showed up today.
It's kinda stiff but after reading some reviews that seems to be common until you break it in.
Cant believe how many accessories are available!!
You can get up to 40 screw driver tips that come in a plastic case and there's a pouch for them on the case as well.
The file connect is the same as with a jigsaw blade so you can replace them with blades you can buy at any hardware store.
And you can buy a ratchet extension for the screwdriver that also has a pouch on the case for it.
It is pretty hefty so I dont see me carrying it on my hip,it'll likely ride in my center console or in the tackle box.
I can see me carrying it If I,m going out in the woods but not as an everyday carry thing.

Cant believe how many accessories are available!!
You can get up to 40 screw driver tips that come in a plastic case and there's a pouch for them on the case as well.
The file connect is the same as with a jigsaw blade so you can replace them with blades you can buy at any hardware store.
And you can buy a ratchet extension for the screwdriver that also has a pouch on the case for it.
That's one of the main things that sold me on it. They are incredibly convenient. The extension accepts standard bits as well.

16676908743263263254809525873425.jpg

16676907230536567332765755384791.jpg

16676908005356486384012413568522.jpg

Sweet that yours has replaceable saw blades. You're going to convince me I need one PDQ.

That's one of the main things that sold me on it. They are incredibly convenient. The extension accepts standard bits as well.

View attachment 721395

View attachment 721391

View attachment 721393

Sweet that yours has replaceable saw blades. You're going to convince me I need one PDQ.

Just ordered the ratchet extension and all the driver bits.
Need to go back and get the extra saw blade and file,I'd rather use a replaceable blade than the built in one for it's ease of replacement.

I'm more of the Barlow, Buck, Old Timer, and Swiss Army type.

I had a friend that liked the Leatherman.

View attachment 721395

View attachment 721391

View attachment 721393

I was kind of surprised at the weight but again I dont see me carrying it on my hip.
Even when I was still working I wouldnt since I had a tool box three steps away with anything I might need.
But for heading up to the lake where you really dont have a bunch of tools it's perfect.

I was kind of surprised at the weight but again I dont see me carrying it on my hip.
Even when I was still working I wouldnt since I had a tool box three steps away with anything I might need.
But for heading up to the lake where you really dont have a bunch of tools it's perfect.
Meh, I got what I need..if I can remember where it is.

Forum List

Back