Gerber allows custom artwork on their Center-drive multitool...

I have a Leatherman that's in my bug out bag and a Swiss Army Knife in my range bag. The only knife I carry every day is my S&W Extreme Ops.

SWFR2Se.jpg

I was kind of surprised at the weight but again I dont see me carrying it on my hip.
Even when I was still working I wouldnt since I had a tool box three steps away with anything I might need.
But for heading up to the lake where you really dont have a bunch of tools it's perfect.
There are pluses and minuses to carrying it. I saves you some walking to get your tools...which was great the other day when the windshield wiper arm nut loosened up in heavy rain on a Kansas hwy at 37°...but...it also tempts you to use itfor a job better suited for an actual tool like a socket wrench or heavy lineman cutters.

Since we've been chatting about it I've been looking around and I'm seriously considering the Leatherman Crunch...

There are pluses and minuses to carrying it. I saves you some walking to get your tools...which was great the other day when the windshield wiper arm nut loosened up in heavy rain on a Kansas hwy at 37°...but...it also tempts you to use itfor a job better suited for an actual tool like a socket wrench or heavy lineman cutters.

Yep...
For me it's for when I dont have access to my tool box.

Forum List

Back