Georgia republicans just made water an illegal substance

Geez...it appears the Dembots have eaten up the lies by Xiden and his propagandist....the law doesn't ban everyone from doing this, the law bans, campaigns from handing out give aways, gifts etc within 25 feet of the polling station. The law already banned this, but water and food was a 'gray area" - that the new law cleared up. The obvious point is for campaigns not to harass, or try to purchase votes...when a voter is in line...
Yeah, I looked at the law. This isn’t true. No one can give any food or water to anyone in line within 150 feet of the building.

It has nothing to do with whether or not you’re part of a campaign.

Geez...it appears the Dembots have eaten up the lies by Xiden and his propagandist....the law doesn't ban everyone from doing this, the law bans, campaigns from handing out give aways, gifts etc within 25 feet of the polling station. The law already banned this, but water and food was a 'gray area" - that the new law cleared up. The obvious point is for campaigns not to harass, or try to purchase votes...when a voter is in line...
Yeah, I looked at the law. This isn’t true. No one can give any food or water to anyone in line within 150 feet of the building.

Sorry, 150 feet from polling station (the building), 25 feet from person in line. Still, not a ban on everyone, just campaigns...and only a few feet

Sorry, 150 feet from polling station (the building), 25 feet from person in line. Still, not a ban on everyone, just campaigns...and only a few feet
It’s a ban on everyone. This is page 71 of the law (SB 202). It says no person.

Said chapter is further amended by revising subsections (a) and (e) of Code Section 21-2-414, relating to restrictions on campaign activities and public opinion polling within the vicinity of a polling place, cellular phone use prohibited, prohibition of candidates from entering certain polling places, and penalty, as follows:
"(a) No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition, nor shall any person, other than election officials discharging their duties, establish or set up any tables or booths on any day in which ballots are being cast:
(1) Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is established;
(2) Within any polling place; or
(3) Within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.

Said chapter is further amended by revising subsections (a) and (e) of Code Section 21-2-414, relating to restrictions on campaign activities and public opinion polling within the vicinity of a polling place, cellular phone use prohibited, prohibition of candidates from entering certain polling places, and penalty, as follows:
"(a) No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition, nor shall any person, other than election officials discharging their duties, establish or set up any tables or booths on any day in which ballots are being cast:
(1) Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is established;

So I could walk the line and sell them some water?

You are ignoring the Section above subsection (a)...that qualifies the "person" - to campaign activities

So I could walk the line and sell them some water?
I see no restriction on that...so long as it's not related to the campaigns

You are ignoring the Section above subsection (a)...that qualifies the "person" - to campaign activities
Incorrect. That part you refer to is merely a title of the section. It does not define “person” as someone associated with a campaign.

It specifically says no person. If they intended for it to apply to campaigns, they would have said so.

Incorrect. That part you refer to is merely a title of the section. It does not define “person” as someone associated with a campaign.

It specifically says no person. If they intended for it to apply to campaigns, they would have said so.
yes it does...it qualifies the subsection....yes it's the title, it specific about campaigns....not the activity of people not involved in the campaign.

Seems pretty clear and obvious to me...even state legislatures that help with the bill said that was their intent....but I suppose we will have to see how a Court views it...we obviously view it differently

It will dramatically shorten runoff elections from nine weeks to less than a month

Fuck you GOP

The law will require mail-in voters to include their driver's license numbers or other documentation to verify their identities, instead of using signature verification.

Go fuck yourselves, GOP.
You mad?

Well folks you can now go to jail in Georgia if you offer people waiting in a long line to vote a little water and a snack thanks to republicans in that state. Other republican controlled states may follow suit..Georgia governor signs sweeping election regulations into law. There are even restrictions on snacks...

Ha.

When I was a kid, I started whining about being thirsty. Grammaw said "should've gotten some before we left the house."

That was the end of it.
Your Grammaw was a racist!

yes it does...it qualifies the subsection....yes it's the title, it specific about campaigns....not the activity of people not involved in the campaign.

Seems pretty clear and obvious to me...even state legislatures that help with the bill said that was their intent....but I suppose we will have to see how a Court views it...we obviously view it differently
No, it doesn’t. It plainly says “no person”. The plain language of the law contradicts your assertions. “No person” means “no person”. No where is a person defined as you assert.

I have my doubts about the honesty of people who pass voting restrictions just because they lost an election. Not to mention the red flag of them passing it in both houses and signing into law all in one day.

No, it doesn’t. It plainly says “no person”. The plain language of the law contradicts your assertions. “No person” means “no person”. No where is a person defined as you assert.

I have my doubts about the honesty of people who pass voting restrictions just because they lost an election. Not to mention the red flag of them passing it in both houses and signing into law all in one day.
You have 2 years to come up with a plan to carry a bottle of water with you. You can do it! I'm rootin' for ya!

Forum List

Back