Gas station clerk trying to fight crime gets charged with a crime

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
What's going on? Shouldn't we all be in favor of fighting crime?

---A gas station clerk is charged with involuntary manslaughter in a May 6 shooting that took place after he locked customers inside the business in an attempt to prevent theft.---

What happened to the shooter - Samuel Anthony McCray?

If you're going to have a secret lock then have a gun next to the button. Grab the gun secretly, secretly lock the door and then shoot the mfer dead. You'll get manslaughter anyway but not for dead innocents.

---A gas station clerk is charged with involuntary manslaughter in a May 6 shooting that took place after he locked customers inside the business in an attempt to prevent theft.---

Kind of poor judgement, locking your customers in a small convenience store with an armed man trying to steal $4.00 worth of the owner goods.

The left are making it so that we should just let crime happen because enforcing laws is social injustice. Then we should confiscate everyone's guns so criminals can walk around freely.

I think this will be a fail.

You'd have to prove that the clerk could have foreseen that a person who attempted to pay...then tried to steal $4.00 worth of product would... instead of just putting it down... pull out a gun and shoot innocent people.

I don't believe any reasonable person would ever expect that outcome.

On the criminally side.. the deaths and injuries are on the shooter, not the clerk.

This is a civil matter.

I think this will be a fail.

You'd have to prove that the clerk could have foreseen that a person who attempted to pay...then tried to steal $4.00 worth of product would... instead of just putting it down... pull out a gun and shoot innocent people.

I don't believe any reasonable person would ever expect that outcome.

On the criminally side.. the deaths and injuries are on the shooter, not the clerk.

This is a civil matter.
From the report the clerk locked the doors after the guy pulled his gun.

Forum List

Back