Fox News Anchor Says Network Is Barring Him From Covering The Dominion Lawsuit

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Not a big surprise, I guess---what can he say that wouldn't make a bad situation worse for FOX?

Fox News anchor Howard Kurtz said the network has forbidden him from reporting on the Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit against the network over its 2020 election coverage.
“Some of you have been asking why I’m not covering the Dominion Voting Machines lawsuit against Fox involving the unproven claims of election fraud in 2020, and it’s absolutely a fair question,” Kurtz said Sunday on “Mediabuzz.”
“I believe I should be covering it. It’s a major media story, given my role here at Fox. But the company has decided that as part of the organization being sued, I can’t talk about it or write about it, at least for now. I strongly disagree with that decision, but as an employee, I have to abide by it. And if that changes, I’ll let you know.”
Fox News, whose hosts routinely rail against censorship, did not immediately return a request for comment on the matter.
Earlier this month, court filings revealed text messages that Dominion said were sent by senior Fox News executives and major hosts. The texts suggested that network talent and decision makers did not believe the false claims of election fraud that they were amplifying on air.

Tucker Carlson, for example, allegedly referred to the Trump campaign’s election grievances as “ludicrous” and “totally off the rails” in private text exchanges. Sean Hannity at one point referred to people promoting the lies as “lunatics.” And Raj Shah, senior vice president of Fox Corporation, apparently described the voter fraud claims as “mind blowingly nuts.”

Sort of along the same lines where Madison Square Garden Entertainment won't allow the plaintiffs or employees of the law firms suing them to attend any events there.
Not really. FOX is a news outlet. For them to ignore such a major story...is an attempt to influence events. An ineffective attempt,to be sure. Akin to an ostrich burying its head to hide from a threat. Now, ostriches don't really do that...but people sure do~

iu

Not a big surprise, I guess---what can he say that wouldn't make a bad situation worse for FOX?

Fox News anchor Howard Kurtz said the network has forbidden him from reporting on the Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit against the network over its 2020 election coverage.
“Some of you have been asking why I’m not covering the Dominion Voting Machines lawsuit against Fox involving the unproven claims of election fraud in 2020, and it’s absolutely a fair question,” Kurtz said Sunday on “Mediabuzz.”
“I believe I should be covering it. It’s a major media story, given my role here at Fox. But the company has decided that as part of the organization being sued, I can’t talk about it or write about it, at least for now. I strongly disagree with that decision, but as an employee, I have to abide by it. And if that changes, I’ll let you know.”
Fox News, whose hosts routinely rail against censorship, did not immediately return a request for comment on the matter.
Earlier this month, court filings revealed text messages that Dominion said were sent by senior Fox News executives and major hosts. The texts suggested that network talent and decision makers did not believe the false claims of election fraud that they were amplifying on air.

Tucker Carlson, for example, allegedly referred to the Trump campaign’s election grievances as “ludicrous” and “totally off the rails” in private text exchanges. Sean Hannity at one point referred to people promoting the lies as “lunatics.” And Raj Shah, senior vice president of Fox Corporation, apparently described the voter fraud claims as “mind blowingly nuts.”

Pretty common for a entity not to comment on law suits they are a part of.

It is the attornies defedning them that put the beat down on the discussion of Dominioin on air and I can see why. Either Fox would have to come out and admit they lied and knew they were lying that the time, or dig the hole deeper and give Dominion more ammo. I see why Fox don't want to discuss it.

We keep telling you leftist that FUX is not as conservative as you think which is why a lot of us have stopped watching.

I was just telling someone this the other day. FoxNews is not biased enough for you all, so you have moved on.

People do not what unbiased, fair new., They want to be told what they already think is true.

I was just telling someone this the other day. FoxNews is not biased enough for you all, so you have moved on.

People do not what unbiased, fair new., They want to be told what they already think is true.
What fair unbiased view?

Yep. The ironic thing here is that this is a self-inflicted wound. Fox and Hannity and rest helped to create this beast, and now the beast has somehow found a way to move to the right of them.

Yep. The ironic thing here is that this is a self-inflicted wound. Fox and Hannity and rest helped to create this beast, and now the beast has somehow found a way to move to the right of them.
Fox did not steal the election. They are covering for those that did.

Forum List

Back