Drone tracks down 5 teens caught throwing ‘large' rocks onto highway: sheriff

night_son

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2018
The Full Moon
Source:

Excerpt:

"MONROE, N.C. (WNCN) — Deputies in North Carolina used a drone Friday night to track down suspects they say were throwing rocks from an overpass onto the toll highway below it.

There were several reports of at least two people throwing “large rocks off a bridge” onto the expressway, U.S. 74, below, according to the Union County Sheriff’s Office.

“Deputies arrived and located a semi-truck and trailer that had been struck by one of the rocks causing significant damage to the roof of the truck and the front side of the trailer,” deputies said in a news release.

Deputies then launched a drone with infrared technology to search the area."

Comment(s):

Using battlefield technology to domestically enforce civilian law is real bad juju. How long before police drones are armed? In the comments section of the linked article people overwhelmingly support both the use of battlefield tech on civilians in America, and the prosecution of the teen perpetrators' parents. I doubt they'd feel the same if it was their own kids caught dropping rocks off highway bridges. How long until police drones are equipped to kill suspects caught in the act?

Source:

Excerpt:

"MONROE, N.C. (WNCN) — Deputies in North Carolina used a drone Friday night to track down suspects they say were throwing rocks from an overpass onto the toll highway below it.

There were several reports of at least two people throwing “large rocks off a bridge” onto the expressway, U.S. 74, below, according to the Union County Sheriff’s Office.

“Deputies arrived and located a semi-truck and trailer that had been struck by one of the rocks causing significant damage to the roof of the truck and the front side of the trailer,” deputies said in a news release.

Comment(s):

Using battlefield technology to domestically enforce civilian law is real bad juju. How long before police drones are armed? In the comments section of the linked article people overwhelmingly support both the use of battlefield tech on civilians in America, and the prosecution of the teen perpetrators' parents. I doubt they'd feel the same if it was their own kids caught dropping rocks off highway bridges. How long until police drones are equipped to kill suspects caught in the act?
There's nothing like a bear in the air and an eye in the sky.

Something like this happened here a couple decades ago when young morons dropped a bowling ball onto a car from an overpass and killed the driver.

However they can catch sociopathic idiots like that. I have no problem with it.

Something like this happened here a couple decades ago when young morons dropped a bowling ball onto a car from an overpass and killed the driver. However they can catch sociopathic idiots like that. I have no problem with it.

Besides, they already have robots of various kinds to deal with especially hostile situations, so, it is already a moot point.

I doubt they'd feel the same if it was their own kids caught dropping rocks off highway bridges.
If your kid is dropping rocks onto freeway traffic, you failed at being a parent and you deserve to go to jail right along with them. They are criminals that could have killed innocent people that they didn't even know. You are a moron.

If your kid is dropping rocks onto freeway traffic, you failed at being a parent and you deserve to go to jail right along with them. They are criminals that could have killed innocent people that they didn't even know. You are a moron.

When we were kids, we were content to do stuff like draw chalk lines across the street then yell PULL! pretending to pull the "cord" tight as a car arrived. We scared a few drivers. Another time we squirted a nice shiny car with a garden hose as it rode by and the windows were open.

We got the driver pretty well and he was mad about it. He jumped out of the car furious and came running after us. But fortunately, it was an uphill climb to get to us and he forgot to put his car in park first, so after he jumped out, door wide open, the car started rolling away down the street from him and the last thing I saw was him running back desperately trying to catch the car whose door he left wide open. I bet he was really mad now.

We didn't come back for six hours.

When we returned, there was no guy, no car, and fortunately no wrecked house either at the bottom of the street, no police, and no one said anything or asked anything of us.

We squeaked by on that one. Time for us to start getting girlfriends. :smoke:

When we were kids, we were content to do stuff like draw chalk lines across the street then yell PULL! pretending to pull the "cord" tight as a car arrived. We scared a few drivers. Another time we squirted a nice shiny car with a garden hose as it rode by and the windows were open.

We got the driver pretty well and he was mad about it. He jumped out of the car furious and came running after us. But fortunately, it was an uphill climb to get to us and he forgot to put his car in park first, so after he jumped out, door wide open, the car started rolling away down the street from him and the last thing I saw was him running back desperately trying to catch the car whose door he left wide open. I bet he was really mad now.

We didn't come back for six hours.

When we returned, there was no guy, no car, and fortunately no wrecked house either at the bottom of the street, no police, and no one said anything or asked anything of us.

We squeaked by on that one. Time for us to start getting girlfriends. :smoke:
There is a definite difference between pranking and dropping rocks on cars going 70 mph. I know kids will be kids, but that is beyond simple pranking--I did like the chalk mark deal though--LOL--what do you think the driver was more concerned with--wrecking a car or pulling a bunch of dumb kids into the road? LOL

A prime example of someone eager to lick police state boots, ladies and gentlemen. The moron can be viewed in your nearest bit of polished silver. You cheer for the increased ability of the State to murder you through the rapid escalation of lethal technology. You are the greatest threat to American freedom, along with all other Americans who invite the police state into their homes.

Nowhere in my comments did I express support or approval for the reckless, criminal actions of the teen (boys?) who dropped rocks from highway bridges. But in your blind cattle cud chewing response, you knee jerked a pre-programmed regurgitation—a canned rebuttal no different than the reflex of a dog trained to fetch and retrieve for his master.

Hypocritic fools such as yourself would have the rest of us believe you've never made the slightest mistake ever in your life, and anyone who has (made a mistake) ought to be hung by the neck until dead at sunset. But the much more likely truth is you have made your share (of mistakes) just like the rest of us. Into this daydream bullshit reality of yours you introduce, invite and give consent to the State to crush your fellow Americans beneath the heels of its jackboots; crush anyone who has made a mistake or raised a child who has made one.

This behavior far exceeds recklessness, disingenuousness, false hubris and is wholly anti-American. You live beneath a rock which is a gossamer at best semblance—a fantasized hole in the ground where the State is your protector and the ultimate God of your life, armed BY YOU, with the consent to do whatever it pleases to you, whenever it chooses to.

Your kind are the reason the State can and does rule with iron fists. The Founders would be ashamed.

I second this, but only to a certain degree. By the time a kid hits a certain age, it should all be on them and only them because they should know better all on their own. Eventually a parent can only do so much.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Nowhere in my comments did I express support or approval for the reckless, criminal actions of the teen (boys?) who dropped rocks from highway bridges.
Are you done? You did support the kids that threw the rocks!
In the comments section of the linked article people overwhelmingly support both the use of battlefield tech on civilians in America, and the prosecution of the teen perpetrators' parents. I doubt they'd feel the same if it was their own kids caught dropping rocks off highway bridges.
Why would you think a parent of a kid who committed such a heinous crime would feel any different unless you supported the crime because it was your kid. Sounds more like you are opposing the use of drones because they exposed the kids in a way that they cannot deny. Sounds like you might have a problem with staying within the law. I am no fan of the big brother state and I abhor the overuse of cameras and invasive tracking of citizens but the sentiment that a person would have escaped justice if it hadn't been for the technology is exactly why people feel the need for greater intrusive measures.

Your kind are the reason the State can and does rule with iron fists.
Au contraire. I don't expect the state to do anything for me. I am capable of defending myself and I don't call 911. Your logic is why everyone in a city of any size feels the need to have a ring doorbell camera. Because you feel that kids performing acts that can and do kill innocent people should get a free pass. You excuse criminal behavior and this isn't soaping someones windows--people have died from the actions you describe, but you believe, meh, kids will be kids, the dirty cops wouldn't have gotten them if they didn't use that nasty intrusive tech. YOU are the reason they use it.

A prime example of someone eager to lick police state boots, ladies and gentlemen. The moron can be viewed in your nearest bit of polished silver. You cheer for the increased ability of the State to murder you through the rapid escalation of lethal technology. You are the greatest threat to American freedom, along with all other Americans who invite the police state into their homes.

Nowhere in my comments did I express support or approval for the reckless, criminal actions of the teen (boys?) who dropped rocks from highway bridges. But in your blind cattle cud chewing response, you knee jerked a pre-programmed regurgitation—a canned rebuttal no different than the reflex of a dog trained to fetch and retrieve for his master.

Hypocritic fools such as yourself would have the rest of us believe you've never made the slightest mistake ever in your life, and anyone who has (made a mistake) ought to be hung by the neck until dead at sunset. But the much more likely truth is you have made your share (of mistakes) just like the rest of us. Into this daydream bullshit reality of yours you introduce, invite and give consent to the State to crush your fellow Americans beneath the heels of its jackboots; crush anyone who has made a mistake or raised a child who has made one.

This behavior far exceeds recklessness, disingenuousness, false hubris and is wholly anti-American. You live beneath a rock which is a gossamer at best semblance—a fantasized hole in the ground where the State is your protector and the ultimate God of your life, armed BY YOU, with the consent to do whatever it pleases to you, whenever it chooses to.

Your kind are the reason the State can and does rule with iron fists. The Founders would be ashamed.

What's the difference between a drone and a police helicopter?

Source:

Excerpt:

Comment(s):

And then blacks will riot against racist drones!

Source:

Excerpt:

Comment(s):

The parents probably deserve scorn for the bad behavior of their kids

But ultimately the kids need a good butt whipping and VERY close supervision going forward

You couldn't have picked a worse example to bulwark your point then the one you did.
Carry on......

Source:

Excerpt:

Comment(s):

Maine passed laws to make armed drones illegal.... Check your state laws.

9 out of 163 police depts we have in Maine use unarmed drones, the other 154 have no interest.

Forum List

Back