Former Officer Kim Potter To Be Charged With 2nd Degree Manslaughter

I would be surprised if they actually get her with 2nd degree manslaughter.

Seems very unlikely to me.

I dunno. She's LEO. Appeals usually go their way, and it's time served on a lesser charge. You wouldn't do the same in that position?

If I was on the jury, I wouldn’t go for 2nd degree manslaughter. Definitely a lesser charge.

Any fair-minded jury will also consider the fact that Kim Potter had only a split-second to pull her weapon because Wright was about to speed away. ABC News, of all sources, actually carried a headline article last week on the fact that many police officers have mistakenly pulled their guns instead of their tasers. When you have to draw your weapon in a very hurried manner, it is much easier to accidentally draw your gun instead of your taser.

I'm disgusted that Potter has even been charged. Nothing would have happened if Wright had not resisted arrest and tried to flee. The so-called "civil rights" crowd don't seem to care that Wright was a fugitive and that he had choked and robbed a woman. Nah, who cares. Now he's another martyr.

"Sources tell 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that the Washington County Attorney's Office will charge former Brooklyn Center Police Officer Kim Potter with second-degree manslaughter on Wednesday in the death of Daunte Wright. The Washington County Attorney's Office is handling the case at the request of the Hennepin County Attorney's Office so that there would be no potential conflict of interest."

This is actually great news for those who felt the officer did nothing wrong... because it is highly unlikely that any person who makes it onto that jury would find her guilty of 2nd degree manslaughter.....at best, she should have been sent back to "How To Tell My Taser From My Gun" retraining.....and then promoted to Captain.
Does she still get promoted if she shot a white person?

Complete garbage and a total waste of tax payer dollars and court time.
No jury, save 12 black people, is going to find her guilty of anything.
All this is going to do is create more riots later when she is found innocent.
Just another example of the tyranny of the left.
So, white jury would disregard facts and vote their privilege and that won’t led to more racial tensions....

Forum List

Back