Former Minnesota police officer Kim Potter convicted in Daunte Wright death to be freed from prison

You are trying to compare ordinary people, to police officers, with months of formal training, years of experience, and constant training, and qualification on their weapons.

Her grabbing the wrong gun, and then not realizing it, is like a professional race car driver turning left, when he should have turned right, and blaming the mistake on an adrenaline rush.

I think it's like someone stepping on the gas pedal when they meant to step on the brake pedal. Shouldn't happen but it does, even if a driver has years of experience. I think a lawsuit is totally appropriate but it was an accident that, in part, was caused by the deceased, who needlessly created a dangerous situation when he started to drive away as a law enforcement officer was trying to detain him.

I think that's the part that people are forgetting. This is not like Philando Castle, who was operating within the law. Wright had an outstanding warrant on a weapons charge, a restraining order, and was driving without a license and expired tags. They were making a lawful arrest and then he decided to drive away while a police officer was basically holding on to the steering wheel.

She fucked up, but she fucked up out of fear and that fear was caused by Daunte Wright's actions.

Look, bantering with you is uninteresting, okay? I'd challenge you to a battle of wits, but you're an unarmed soldier. So if you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread, maybe just shut the fuck up then, and go annoy someone else.
Why don't you shut me up, horse face.

I guess getting out of murdering someone is as simple as being sorry.
It wasn't murder. He was a thug and he shouldn't have tried to flee

Potter, a 26-year veteran, had a spotless record when the tragic mistake ruined her career and cost Wright his life.

The deadly confrontation unfolded April 11, 2021, after Wright, 20, was pulled over for expired license tags in Brooklyn Center — about 15 miles from where George Floyd was murdered in Minneapolis in 2020.

It turned out Wright had an open arrest warrant for failure to appear on a weapons charge. When Potter tried to arrest him, she believed he was attempting to flee and mistakenly drew her firearm instead of her stun gun.

She gets her pension of about 2 million because she resigned before being convicted. The thug's parents are trying to take it.

:rolleyes:
I would brush that off if you were candycorn or dragonlady etc. Because they are morons.
You're not.

Seems you are unable to explain? If someone, anyone, mishandles a gun and kills someone I believe they need to pay a heavy price. Anyone.

No one has the right to take the life of another outside of immediate direct self defense. No one.

The type of justice I subscribe to the most is you should be judged/punished by your level of guilt, and how it correlates with intent, if any.
Obviously she had no intent. So that legally dismisses murder. Murder is impossible without intent.
That leads it to the next level - manslaughter/wrongful death/reckless homicide etc.
Then guilt is measured by how reckless/lack of care you were that led to the death of another human being - with consideration to what level of fault the deceased played in their own death.
The kid himself is half at fault. At least. Zero reason to act the way he did. Zero. He was pulled over for expired plates. His actions set what happen in motion. 100%. Indeed, he is more at fault than she is. She mistook her gun for her taser. I never questioned that from the first video I saw. You could see the immediate shock she displayed literally within one second of firing the weapon.
That considerably lowers fault, as there was no intent, no recklessness and no malice. An accidental killing where the victim is more at fault then her.
The fact she spent 20 minutes in jail was wrong.

The type of justice I subscribe to the most is you should be judged/punished by your level of guilt, and how it correlates with intent, if any.
Obviously she had no intent. So that legally dismisses murder. Murder is impossible without intent.
That leads it to the next level - manslaughter/wrongful death/reckless homicide etc.
Then guilt is measured by how reckless/lack of care you were that led to the death of another human being - with consideration to what level of fault the deceased played in their own death.
The kid himself is half at fault. At least. Zero reason to act the way he did. Zero. He was pulled over for expired plates. His actions set what happen in motion. 100%. Indeed, he is more at fault than she is. She mistook her gun for her taser. I never questioned that from the first video I saw. You could see the immediate shock she displayed literally within one second of firing the weapon.
That considerably lowers fault, as there was no intent, no recklessness and no malice. An accidental killing where the victim is more at fault then her.
Of course it was wrong, but they had to please the mob or the mob would have burned down the city.

No. When one carries a weapon lawfully, the onus is on the person to use it properly. She did not. She was guilty of wrongful homicide. I would have let her do time served.

Forum List

Back