Former Officer Kim Potter To Be Charged With 2nd Degree Manslaughter

Is this just another reason for the extreme right to push their fascist agenda toward escalating violence by police?
Are America's police beginning to see the light?
Or are they starting to see no other option but to fight?

I think it's the latter and so that is going to make it a long and hard fight.

The battle lines appear to be drawn, but in fairness to America, the ignorance and hypocrisy being displayed on this forum might not be a true representation of the American mindset?

Is it? Can this thread serve a useful purpose of determining whether fascism has a 'hold' on American society, or is it just an overblown threat?

I think there's a good chance she could be found guilty on the manslaughter charge, even if the guy who was deleted was basically an unproductive citizen, a thug, and the fact that he clearly initiated the drama and confusion there with his attempt at escape from arrest to be held responsible for those existing charges he had on him.

One thing is for sure the family will be rewarded with millions of dollars of tax payer money.

Thug life pays in the end yet again. For someone anyway. We just get the bill for it.

What I'm having a hard time with is the black officer, that initiated the arrest, a fairly big guy, that let a skinny little guy like Wright get away from him, get into the car and put it in motion.

That cop should be fired for being that incompetent. And then you add in the other cop that was assisting him also couldn't keep control of him, followed by the female cop that shot him. You basically have a Keystone Cop movie.

Looks to me like the whole damn department needs to be fired, and we're hiring sign put up in front of the precinct.

To demonstrate you can do the job, you must show you can actually take a suspect into custody, and know the difference between tasers and hand guns.

Which apparently would make you officer material in that department.

"Sources tell 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that the Washington County Attorney's Office will charge former Brooklyn Center Police Officer Kim Potter with second-degree manslaughter on Wednesday in the death of Daunte Wright. The Washington County Attorney's Office is handling the case at the request of the Hennepin County Attorney's Office so that there would be no potential conflict of interest."

This is actually great news for those who felt the officer did nothing wrong... because it is highly unlikely that any person who makes it onto that jury would find her guilty of 2nd degree manslaughter.....at best, she should have been sent back to "How To Tell My Taser From My Gun" retraining.....and then promoted to Captain.

She is a 20+Year veteran cop. She knows the difference between a taser and her service pistol.

Is this just another reason for the extreme right to push their fascist agenda toward escalating violence by police?

The battle lines appear to be drawn, but in fairness to America, the ignorance and hypocrisy being displayed on this forum might not be a true representation of the American mindset?

Is it? Can this thread serve a useful purpose of determining whether fascism has a 'hold' on American society, or is it just an overblown threat?

Tbh it's getting to the stage now that if you decide to stay on as a cop in the USA and something like this happens to you, then you deserve all you get.

The left have jumped into bed with the blacks on this stuff and set the agenda. Chauvin was one big test case and now they have a good precedent to move forward with.

You need to be off your head to continue as a Police officer in America.

So yeah, BLM and the college kids should get their wish for no more police but not for the reasons they think. It should be done on the Police officers terms which means resign en-masse and let the world know why. They are getting strung out and made sacrificial lambs of.

They appear to have no support network. My notice would have been handed in a long time ago. Just not worth it.

I don't have the best job in the world. I sit in an empty office at night time, 12 hour shifts, bored, nothing to do, clockwatching, with my laptop on. Pathetic pay, but I'd much rather do this than be sitting in a cell like Chauvin is now facing 75-years in jail for doing my job.

Tbh it's getting to the stage now that if you decide to stay on as a cop in the USA and something like this happens to you, then you deserve all you get.

The left have jumped into bed with the blacks on this stuff and set the agenda. Chauvin was one big test case and now they have a good precedent to move forward with.

You need to be off your head to continue as a Police officer in America.

So yeah, BLM and the college kids should get their wish for no more police but not for the reasons they think. It should be done on the Police officers terms which means resign en-masse and let the world know why. They are getting strung out and made sacrificial lambs of.

They appear to have no support network. My notice would have been handed in a long time ago. Just not worth it.

I don't have the best job in the world. I sit in an empty office at night time, 12 hour shifts, bored, nothing to do, clockwatching, with my laptop on. Pathetic pay, but I'd much rather do this than be sitting in a cell like Chauvin is now facing 75-years in jail for doing my job.
Probably much like the military and one of the safest jobs in that shithole country.

"Sources tell 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that the Washington County Attorney's Office will charge former Brooklyn Center Police Officer Kim Potter with second-degree manslaughter on Wednesday in the death of Daunte Wright. The Washington County Attorney's Office is handling the case at the request of the Hennepin County Attorney's Office so that there would be no potential conflict of interest."

This is actually great news for those who felt the officer did nothing wrong... because it is highly unlikely that any person who makes it onto that jury would find her guilty of 2nd degree manslaughter.....at best, she should have been sent back to "How To Tell My Taser From My Gun" retraining.....and then promoted to Captain.
Commie speak sez misinterpret state laws to destroy the United States Police whatever it takes. Tonight Mark Levin showed a state law printout of Officer Kim Potter's state. She broke no law but the criminal in the car did plus he was also a fugitive trying to escape justice plus his resisting arrest looked somewhat violent. For some reason she was charged with second degree manslaghter. It's true her mistake was horrible mistaking her taser for her handgun, but her state's law says there must be an element of intentional harm. The video shows she thought she was going to taze the suspect with her verbal warning that he would be taxed if he did not desist his physical resistance to escape interrogation for a far worse crime crime than an automobile infraction for which he was stopped.

This is a case of weak officials allowing rioters to redo laws of all kinds on the spot. How much hubris does it take to let mob justice tell the Courts how they must rule.

He would not be in a coffin right now if he had simply accepted that it was time for him to account for crimes he did so he did his demise to himself.

Last edited:

Not true. She will never get a fair trial, just like Chauvin. The jury will succumb to the mob and threats of violence (and calls for violence by politicians).

She is a 20+Year veteran cop. She knows the difference between a taser and her service pistol.
Her sights were on a criminal with an egregious weaponry file and he was considered armed and dangerous. Officer Potter thought she had her hands on a laser but had grabbed her gun instead in the rough and tumble the perp created with his aggressive attempts to push back on the cops in his resistance to questioning by the cops.

Last edited:
Did her actions directly culminate in the slaughter of a man?

Two mistakes were made. Both fatal.

Potter killed Wright.

Wright resisted arrest.

If Wright had complied with officer commands, he would still be alive.

If Potter had taken heed of her training, he would still be alive.
Wright had a warrant and was abusive to women. Karma.

Not true. She will never get a fair trial, just like Chauvin. The jury will succumb to the mob and threats of violence (and calls for violence by politicians).
Muzzle MaKKKscene Waters!

The Minneapolis area can look forward to having no police at all soon. That is the ultimate goal for the left at this point. The Minneapolis City Council already previously voted to dismantle their police, not just defund them. So this is just a way to expedite that process.

She shot a dirty Hood. So what?

Her sights were on a criminal with an egregious weaponry file and he was considered armed and dangerous. Officer Potter thought she had her hands on a laser but had grabbed her gun instead in the rough and tumble the perp created with his aggressive attempts to push back on the cops in his resistance to questioning by the cops.

There is a very distinct difference between a 9mm Police Service Weapon and a Taser. The pistol is heavier and black matt finish. Taser is plastic and usually yellow in color. The weapon in her hand at the time of the killing is a 9mm Service Weapon, NOT a Taser.

This Woman was veteran of 20+Plus years in the Brooklyn Center Police Department. She was NOT some just out of the Police Academy Rookie. She had pulled her service pistol and was pointing at the victim. I do not for one single millisecond believe she did not know that she had pulled her Taser.

Last edited:
Was this premeditated murder? There are some indications that it was, considering the location and the timing of the murder.

Premeditated in the sense that the victim hadn't necessarily already been chosen but that there would be 'some' black man becoming a victim.

America has set the political precedence that allows the possibility to be considered.

Was she due to retire soon?
Is she inflicted with a terminal illness?
Does she have a record of hate crime against black citizens?

Will any of those key questions even need to be asked in front of a jury?
Or did she step a little too far out of line for a cop?

Did 'too far out of line' change after the Chauvin conviction?

The defense must be based on her claim of fear in the heat of the moment, and not the ridiculous concept of mistaking her gun for her taser.

Her track record will most likely be the determining factor for this murder, along with the likelihood of her intentions to continue as a police officer.

Forum List

Back