Former Minnesota police officer Kim Potter convicted in Daunte Wright death to be freed from prison

Foul Owl

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2023
I, too, felt she should not have been criminally convicted. I think the jury was split until they picked up the taser and the gun and compared their weight, which I think is misleading.

People's natural conclusion is "Well one is clearly heavier than the other, so she should have known which is which." Any competent psychologist could have explained how the brain, when charged with adrenaline, can interfere with judgment. If Potter had just shot Wright for just sitting in his car, that would be one thing, but he resisted and then tried to drive away in a 2-ton vehicle as she was attempting an arrest. She panicked.

Not saying there shouldn't be consequences and I think a wrongful death lawsuit is definitely on the table, but I think she was mistakenly convicted.

Dems...stick to what you know best.

pedo dem.jpeg

It was an accident and not intentional. She did go to prison while Alec Baldwin was never convicted of killing that woman on the movie set.

And as I said, as far as I'm concerned he is 100% responsible. People who are irresponsible with guns need held accountable.

If you can't do the job, you need to step down.
Sometimes we don't know a person can't do it until something like this happens. Some officers go their entire career without drawing their service weapon on somebody. These are not battle hardened badasses. They're regular people with guns trying to do a hard and scary job.

One of your worst moments here.
I hop you are never judged so harshly and unfairly as this.

If I kill someone I expect to be judged. If you can't responsibly handle a fire arm, don't ever pick one up.

Forum List

Back