Former Minnesota police officer Kim Potter convicted in Daunte Wright death to be freed from prison

That's the point I responded to.

I don't think it's unfair. I do not believe anyone has the right to take the life of another outside of actual direct self defense.

In both cases being discussed that is what happened. Neither of those people are ever coming back. Those who took their lives need fully held accountable for that.

You never, ever point a gun at someone unless you make sure it's not loaded and even then it's a very dumb thing to do.
You are bloviating.
You called her a murderer.
Address that.
You are not stupid. Therefore you are aware of the meaning and definition of murder, including legal definition. And by that definition, she is 100% not guilty of murder. 100%. No room for debate.
So one of two things are true. PERIOD.
1) You are ignorant of the meaning of the word murder.
-or-
2) You are okay with changing legal definitions if the circumstances are agreeable to you.

Cops go to academy for a few months and many requalify on firearms only once annually.
The testing may be annual, but they're expected to train constantly. To keep up with the law, with tactics, along with physical training. Sadly many departments don't take keeping their officers in physical and mental shape seriously.

The testing may be annual, but they're expected to train constantly. To keep up with the law, with tactics, along with physical training. Sadly many departments don't take keeping their officers in physical and mental shape seriously.
Very few cops do all that for a multitude of reasons. You'll have to pay them more if you want super cops. You can't expect all that and then pay them less than an elementary school teacher.

You are bloviating.
Address that.
You are not stupid. Therefore you are aware of the meaning and definition of murder, including legal definition. And by that definition, she is 100% not guilty of murder. 100%. No room for debate.
-or-
2) You are okay with changing legal definitions if the circumstances are agreeable to you.

It's interesting that the same people celebrating Alec Baldwin's case are pretending to be angry about this one.

Except for no longer smiling, she looks better at her new lesser weight, which is odd considering that the chow in the joint is mostly calories and carbohydrates. Most inmates gain weight while inside.

As a result of defunding and budget cuts, cops are less trained then before.
It's called - "you can't have the cake and eat it too".
If you have a high expectation of, and demand perfection from the police - then you have to give them the tools to become that way. You can't cut their budgets, refuse to support them, as a community constantly demonize them - and then expect them to be without flaws.
That is ridiculous.

Except for no longer smiling, she looks better at her new lesser weight, which is odd considering that the chow in the joint is mostly calories and carbohydrates. Most inmates gain weight while inside.
They gain weight because they eat junk food they bought at the canteen all day. Just eating what's given to them for free won't make them fat. Prisoners have money sent to them by friends and family. They can spend it on a bunch of stuff, but mostly soda, chips and candy bars.

You are bloviating.
Address that.
-or-

Whether or not the law considers her one or not, I do.

They gain weight because they eat junk food they bought at the canteen all day. Just eating what's given to them for free won't make them fat. Prisoners have money sent to them by friends and family. They can spend it on a bunch of stuff, but mostly soda, chips and candy bars.
Since she was a Cop, there's no way that she was ever put in the general population. She did 16 months of solitary as sure as I'm sitting here. That may have caused depression, which might have caused her to not eat very much.

No you don't.
If you were, then, like I said - you would be unemployed, probably homeless and most definitely divorced if you would even be able to attract a mate before he/she judged you and tossed you out.

I don't recall ever carelessly killing anyone.

Forum List

Back