Former Minnesota police officer Kim Potter convicted in Daunte Wright death to be freed from prison

Never thought she should have gone to prison in the first place. Glad to see she's getting out.

Maybe BLM and the MSM can get people to loot and riot over this decision.

Looking in on US politics, Democrats seem to let certain criminals out early. The Republicans let the cops out early that murdered people. Both as bad as each other.

If I kill someone I expect to be judged. If you can't responsibly handle a fire arm, don't ever pick one up.
Same response.
If you were judged in this same way, you would be unemployed and probably homeless.
All of your employers would have fired you the first mistake you made. Every time.

Same response.
If you were judged in this same way, you would be unemployed and probably homeless.
All of your employers would have fired you the first mistake you made. Every time.

If my incompetence had led to the death of someone when I was employed, I have no doubt I would have and should have been fired.

Where I worked people would get fired for their incompetence harming themselves.

If my incompetence had led to the death of someone when I was employed, I have no doubt I would have and should have been fired.

Where I worked people would get fired for their incompetence harming themselves.
Her getting fired isn't in question. You are back peddling.
You said, multiple times, she is a murderer. That is absurd and you are not an idiot like others here - so you can't use stupidity as an excuse.
So that shows there is something else causing you to show such unfair judgement on someone.
What is it?

Her getting fired isn't in question. You are back peddling.

That's the point I responded to.

You said, multiple times, she is a murderer. That is absurd and you are not an idiot like others here - so you can't use stupidity as an excuse.
So that shows there is something else causing you to show such unfair judgement on someone.
What is it?

I don't think it's unfair. I do not believe anyone has the right to take the life of another outside of actual direct self defense.

In both cases being discussed that is what happened. Neither of those people are ever coming back. Those who took their lives need fully held accountable for that.

You never, ever point a gun at someone unless you make sure it's not loaded and even then it's a very dumb thing to do.

I, too, felt she should not have been criminally convicted. I think the jury was split until they picked up the taser and the gun and compared their weight, which I think is misleading.

People's natural conclusion is "Well one is clearly heavier than the other, so she should have known which is which." Any competent psychologist could have explained how the brain, when charged with adrenaline, can interfere with judgment. If Potter had just shot Wright for just sitting in his car, that would be one thing, but he resisted and then tried to drive away in a 2-ton vehicle as she was attempting an arrest. She panicked.

Not saying there shouldn't be consequences and I think a wrongful death lawsuit is definitely on the table, but I think she was mistakenly convicted.
You are trying to compare ordinary people, to police officers, with months of formal training, years of experience, and constant training, and qualification on their weapons.

Her grabbing the wrong gun, and then not realizing it, is like a professional race car driver turning left, when he should have turned right, and blaming the mistake on an adrenaline rush.

Sometimes we don't know a person can't do it until something like this happens. Some officers go their entire career without drawing their service weapon on somebody. These are not battle hardened badasses. They're regular people with guns trying to do a hard and scary job.
Wrong. These are people selected, trained, and constantly having to qualify on their weapons. They are given the great responsibility of carrying deadly force, and expected to take that responsibility seriously.

No different than a doctor, or an airline pilot, "oops" just doesn't cut it.

Wrong. These are people selected, trained, and constantly having to qualify on their weapons. They are given the great responsibility of carrying deadly force, and expected to take that responsibility seriously.

No different than a doctor, or an airline pilot, "oops" just doesn't cut it.
Cops go to academy for a few months and many requalify on firearms only once annually.

Right, but words have meanings, and in law those meanings are especially relevant. It wasn't murder.
True, Kim Potter was convicted of manslaughter. But I believe he is using the common definition, instead of the technical legal definition of murder.

Never thought she should have gone to prison in the first place. Glad to see she's getting out.

Maybe BLM and the MSM can get people to loot and riot over this decision.

Damn liberals. Letting killers go free. Impeach!

Forum List

Back