Former police officer gets 7-plus years in prison in Jan. 6 case

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well...that will take care of his gun fetish...LOL! Now he cannot ever possess a firearm....MAGA!

An off-duty Virginia police officer who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, with a fellow officer was sentenced Thursday to more than seven years in prison, matching the longest prison sentence so far among hundreds of Capitol riot cases.
Former Rocky Mount Police Sgt. Thomas Robertson declined to address the court before U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper sentenced him to seven years and three months in prison. Cooper also sentenced Robertson to three years of supervised release after his prison term.
Federal prosecutors had recommended an eight-year prison sentence for Robertson. His sentence equals that of Guy Reffitt, a Texas man who attacked the Capitol while armed with a holstered handgun.
Robertson gets credit for the 13 months he has already spent in custody. Robertson has been jailed since Cooper ruled last year that he violated the terms of his pretrial release by possessing firearms.
The judge said he was troubled by Robertson's conduct since his arrest — not only his stockpiling of guns but also his words advocating for violence. After Jan. 6, Robertson told a friend that he was prepared to fight and die in a civil war and he clung to baseless conspiracy theories that the 2020 election was stolen from then-President Donald Trump, the judge noted.
Sentencing guidelines calculated by Cooper recommended a prison term ranging from seven years and three months to nine years.

“It's a long time because it reflects the seriousness of the offenses that you were convicted of,” the judge said

Well...that will take care of his gun fetish...LOL! Now he cannot ever possess a firearm....MAGA!

An off-duty Virginia police officer who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, with a fellow officer was sentenced Thursday to more than seven years in prison, matching the longest prison sentence so far among hundreds of Capitol riot cases.
Former Rocky Mount Police Sgt. Thomas Robertson declined to address the court before U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper sentenced him to seven years and three months in prison. Cooper also sentenced Robertson to three years of supervised release after his prison term.
Federal prosecutors had recommended an eight-year prison sentence for Robertson. His sentence equals that of Guy Reffitt, a Texas man who attacked the Capitol while armed with a holstered handgun.
Robertson gets credit for the 13 months he has already spent in custody. Robertson has been jailed since Cooper ruled last year that he violated the terms of his pretrial release by possessing firearms.
The judge said he was troubled by Robertson's conduct since his arrest — not only his stockpiling of guns but also his words advocating for violence. After Jan. 6, Robertson told a friend that he was prepared to fight and die in a civil war and he clung to baseless conspiracy theories that the 2020 election was stolen from then-President Donald Trump, the judge noted.
Sentencing guidelines calculated by Cooper recommended a prison term ranging from seven years and three months to nine years.

“It's a long time because it reflects the seriousness of the offenses that you were convicted of,” the judge said
I guess it still doesnt bother you that a young woman was murdered in the Capitol and the murderer is still walking free?

So if you show up on my property i can shoot you dead? I said property not house.
Your property is not the Capital of the United States...and 'show up' does not equate to breaking into said Capital~

The reality? Play stupid games and you win stupid prizes--a lesson that both your dead rioter and this former cop have learned.

Your property is not the Capital of the United States...and 'show up' does not equate to breaking into said Capital~

The reality? Play stupid games and you win stupid prizes--a lesson that both your dead rioter and this former cop have learned.
My property is just like the Capitol of the United States, as i pay my taxes so it is partly mine. Are you really a stupid ass, not to know that? NVM i know you are.

My property is just like the Capitol of the United States, as i pay my taxes so it is partly mine. Are you really a stupid ass, not to know that? NVM i know you are.

Same applies to the White House then. We need to take down the fence around it and just let anyone that wants to walk around inside of it

You remind me of these guys...

b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

You remind me of these guys...

View attachment 681155
Slaves did not 'depend' on their masters anymore than a horse depends on his owner. The horse can eat anywhere--but he is corralled and fed, so he eats.
It was a forced dependence.

Black people vote Dem because the Republicans have nothing but denigration and contempt for them. Just count the black faces at the convention.

i do like the link name--Politifake.org for that is exactly what that meme is.

Forum List

Back