Forget the politics: What are the pros and cons of building a wall? The facts only, please!

D256_58_954_1200.jpg

How do you build a wall here?
You don't. What works in one place isn't going to work in all places. You build the wall where it works.

A wall to stop the free flow of illegal immigrants.

If they want to come to this country they can go thru legal process.

Yes there would still be a need for border security even with a wall, to ensure there is no diggers or climbers.
So you are saying the wall can be defeated by digging and climbing?

But border patrol is better?

Then why not invest in more border patrol?
Because what is border patrol supposed to do with the unwanted migrant once caught. We don't have enough prisons to house them all, and the Dems keep us from kicking them right back with time consuming court hearings. Better to not let them in at all so border patrol doesn't have to do a damn thing with them.

No politics.

Just defend why we need a wall.

And

Why is building a wall a mistake?

Try to keep the facts.

No politics.

Is this possible?
Negatives are eminent domain, wasted costs, and a negative nationalist message to the rest of the world.

Positives are increased border security.

Correct approach IMO... fund walls and fences where needed, increase tech and agent security where needed. Improve visa tracking. Reform legal immigration to make it easier to come here and work. Maintain the message that America is a country of opportunity and a beacon of light and hope for all around the world.

Good OP
Maintain the message that America is a country of opportunity and a beacon of light and hope for all around the world.

Do Republicans actually believe that?
I’m sure some do. The current administration sure as hell isnt taking that route

No politics.

And

Try to keep the facts.

No politics.

Is this possible?
Negatives are eminent domain, wasted costs, and a negative nationalist message to the rest of the world.

Positives are increased border security.

Correct approach IMO... fund walls and fences where needed, increase tech and agent security where needed. Improve visa tracking. Reform legal immigration to make it easier to come here and work. Maintain the message that America is a country of opportunity and a beacon of light and hope for all around the world.

Good OP
Maintain the message that America is a country of opportunity and a beacon of light and hope for all around the world.

Do Republicans actually believe that?

We admit 1,000,000 immigrants into this country EVERY year. Legally. We admit more aliens into this country then ALL of the other countries on the planet combined. So take your sniveling BS and shove it up your ass.

What you demand is that this country turn into a third world shithole by allowing illegals into this country you allow the major employers to artificially keep the wages of the American worker low. Why do you support the billionaires and want to screw over the working class?
Man you gotta learn how to have a civil and honest conversation. How is anybody supposed to respond to a bullshit statement like you just made?

No politics.

And

Try to keep the facts.

No politics.

Is this possible?

Well let's just ask the eperts and not some anonymous guy on a message board who goes to a plumber for a enema, shall we?

Over the years, walls have proven their worth, said the acting commissioner. “Our agents and officers have decades of experience and perspective, and they know our operational needs,” he said.

According to Vitiello, the U.S. Border Patrol, from Sector Chiefs to Border Patrol agents in the field, have been vocal about their need for effective barriers that impede and deny the entry of illegal aliens and contraband.

“The truth is, walls work,” Acting Deputy Commissioner Vitiello said. “The data show it, and our agents know it.”

It's really difficult to get Republicans to defend this wall.

It's definitely an "I want" and NOT an "I need".

Much of it is in very remote areas. How will they get materials and workers there? They’ll have build towns and facilities first.

Take the land. If it was mine, I’d feel safer knowing that illegals were prevented from sneaking in. Install extensive camera monitoring systems with facial recognition and alarms to alert border patrol know exactly when and where the security breach is. We can also utilize drones to immediately respond to the areas. I also think razor wire should be used as they use in prisons to keep criminals in. We don’t need people circumventing the system for legitimate entry, and don’t need more expenses for non tax payers that don’t exist on paper. Plus the possibility of criminality needs proper vetting to reduce the possibility of crime against our citizens and country. This also includes drug trafficking and crimes against people attempting entry. Putting initial funds out, can prevent assault on our criminal justice officials, a saving on costs of incarceration and costs of medical treatment. Without a plan, there is no limits to the costs associated with illegals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple questions deanrd ...

Do you have doors on your home?

How about locks on those doors?

Do you use them?

Why?

Simple questions deanrd ...

Do you have doors on your home?

How about locks on those doors?

Do you use them?

Why?

I live less than 40 miles from the border and have not locked my door since I moved here, 8 years ago. The only theft I ever experienced was a javelina that dragged a bag of cat food out of my garage into the street.

Dude you lie. You posted a thread, might be this one, where I countered every point you made against the wall point per point. Spouting shit doesn't make it true.

Dude you lie. You posted a thread, might be this one, where I countered every point you made against the wall point per point. Spouting shit doesn't make it true.
Counter this point.

DvCrqdxWwAA-G0_.jpg

It takes a ladder to defeat a wall.

Counter this point.

DvCrqdxWwAA-G0_.jpg

I have to say that I am flat out amazed that Trump supporters just don't get this.
Then again, I have been told all my life that nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the average American.

Counter this point.

DvCrqdxWwAA-G0_.jpg

40 foot ladder cost more than $36 bucks and the problem with it is the logistics of carrying it to where you need it. Plus you need two of them one to get up and another to get down the other side. And besides we are talking keeping out migrants who make less than $36 bucks a year.

Counter this point.

DvCrqdxWwAA-G0_.jpg

40 foot ladder cost more than $36 bucks and the problem with it is the logistics of carrying it to where you need it. Plus you need two of them one to get up and another to get down the other side. And besides we are talking keeping out migrants who make less than $36 bucks a year.

And besides, everyone knows that Mexicans don't know how to work complicated machinery, like ladders that extend...

Counter this point.

DvCrqdxWwAA-G0_.jpg

Hm,mmmm, they seem to have worked extremely well in Northern Ireland. Looks like you don't know what you're talking about yet again.

oft-research-peace-walls.jpg

These walls are usually constructed of concrete, stone and/or steel, and can be over six meters tall. Some even have gates in them that allow passage during daytime and are closed at night. Accompanying the creation of these interfaces were interface community groups: those residents who lived alongside the walls. Although interfaces are widely acknowledged as features of most urban areas across Northern Ireland, it is also important to recognize that segregation is a feature of life in all parts of the country, including rural communities.

The first peace walls grew out of barricades that the local communities erected themselves during periods of intense rioting in 1969, with the outbreak of the Troubles. When the British Army was deployed in August of that year, it replaced the existing barricades with barbed-wire barriers of its own. They were built as temporary structures, naively meant to last six months. However, these were replaced with more permanent structures: wider, longer and more permanent. Meanwhile, there has been a transformation in the aesthetics of peace-lines construction: a shift from grey steel fences to multi-toned brick walls, landscaped with trees and shrubs and coloured fences. Such barriers increasingly have a sense of permanence in the urban landscape.

Peace Walls

Forum List

Back