Food Stamp rolls down 1.1 million under Trump. Work requirements and other policies are effective

At the state level, food stamp enrollment dropped significantly in places such as Georgiaand Alabama once they instituted work requirements for able-bodied adults to receive food stamps. Both states fully implemented work requirements for food stamp recipients in 2016-2017.

More Than 1.1 Million Fewer Americans on Food Stamps Under Trump

Why are there fewer people on food stamps? Is it because the requirements are so onerous that they know they can't comply and don't bother to show up? You really can't say one way or the other because there is no scientific study of the decline. People just put their own spin on it. If you don't give a damn about people, it is because of work requirements. If you are on the other side, people are being starved.
The poor will suffer as President Obama cuts food stamps by $8.7B
By Mo Barnes | April 4, 2016
OBAMA-and-Food-Stamp-640x413-1.jpg

This work requirement on the surface may seem to be reasonable to supporters of these changes. But it is not taking into account the high unemployment rate due to lack of jobs. Very few states that have adopted the work requirement are offering training or jobs to those affected by the new rules. This can represent a loss of $150 to $170 per person per month, which will increase economic hardship for recipients.

That's a lie. The work requirement for food stamps was created under Bill Clinton in 1996. The requirement was only waved and people given more than 3 months because of the unemployment rate being at a certain level in each state.
R U calling Mo Barnes a lair...

Yep.

"The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (PRWORA) is a United States federal law considered to be a major welfare reform. The bill was a cornerstone of the Republican Contract with America and was authored by Rep. E. Clay Shaw, Jr. (R-FL-22). President Bill Clinton signed PRWORA into law on August 22, 1996, fulfilling his 1992 campaign promise to "end welfare as we have come to know it".[1]"

Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act - Wikipedia

"Why did the ABAWD time limits go away? Why are they coming back?

The time limit on ABAWDs is part of the law that governs the operation of SNAP. It has been part of the law since 1996. Under the law, States can request to temporarily waive the ABAWD time limit when unemployment is high or when there are not enough jobs available.

Due to the economic downturn, many States qualified for and chose to waive time limits in all or part of the State. (Even when ABAWD time limits are waived, general work requirements still apply.) Some parts of the country still have waivers in place. But, as the economy continues to improve, many places no longer qualify for time limit waivers, unless they have high unemployment or not enough jobs available.

Many ABAWDs participating in SNAP could soon lose their benefits unless they take steps to meet the special ABAWD work requirements."

Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWDs) | Food and Nutrition Service

Trump will ensure Obama's legacy as the food stamp president. It's called winning, and I'm still not tired of it!

you won a president with the shittiest approval rating in history for his first 200 days.

CONGRATS !

looking stupid to conservatives is rather a badge of pride now days.....watching yall dance at the clay feet of trump...i mean really you have the all 3 branches..and still cant repeal and replace....o wait they have no plan after 7 years.....or the plan is to do nothing....proud of yourself for being a total smuck?
What did obongo do, 2 years to get shit/care and an empty box of hope...
boxofemptyhope.gif

At the state level, food stamp enrollment dropped significantly in places such as Georgiaand Alabama once they instituted work requirements for able-bodied adults to receive food stamps. Both states fully implemented work requirements for food stamp recipients in 2016-2017.

Why are there fewer people on food stamps? Is it because the requirements are so onerous that they know they can't comply and don't bother to show up? You really can't say one way or the other because there is no scientific study of the decline. People just put their own spin on it. If you don't give a damn about people, it is because of work requirements. If you are on the other side, people are being starved.
By Mo Barnes | April 4, 2016
OBAMA-and-Food-Stamp-640x413-1.jpg

This work requirement on the surface may seem to be reasonable to supporters of these changes. But it is not taking into account the high unemployment rate due to lack of jobs. Very few states that have adopted the work requirement are offering training or jobs to those affected by the new rules. This can represent a loss of $150 to $170 per person per month, which will increase economic hardship for recipients.

That's a lie. The work requirement for food stamps was created under Bill Clinton in 1996. The requirement was only waved and people given more than 3 months because of the unemployment rate being at a certain level in each state.
R U calling Mo Barnes a lair...

Yep.

"The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (PRWORA) is a United States federal law considered to be a major welfare reform. The bill was a cornerstone of the Republican Contract with America and was authored by Rep. E. Clay Shaw, Jr. (R-FL-22). President Bill Clinton signed PRWORA into law on August 22, 1996, fulfilling his 1992 campaign promise to "end welfare as we have come to know it".[1]"

Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act - Wikipedia

"Why did the ABAWD time limits go away? Why are they coming back?

The time limit on ABAWDs is part of the law that governs the operation of SNAP. It has been part of the law since 1996. Under the law, States can request to temporarily waive the ABAWD time limit when unemployment is high or when there are not enough jobs available.

Due to the economic downturn, many States qualified for and chose to waive time limits in all or part of the State. (Even when ABAWD time limits are waived, general work requirements still apply.) Some parts of the country still have waivers in place. But, as the economy continues to improve, many places no longer qualify for time limit waivers, unless they have high unemployment or not enough jobs available.

Many ABAWDs participating in SNAP could soon lose their benefits unless they take steps to meet the special ABAWD work requirements."

Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWDs) | Food and Nutrition Service
ABAWD That's good...

Trump is brilliant, I laugh when I see the haters of civilization ignore the massive achievements. Some people's heads are just so far up their own anus cavities that there is no hope of removing them.

Which exact Trump policy is causing this?
And is it in effect already?
I thought the Trump policies don't come into effect until October.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Which exact Trump policy is causing this?
And is it in effect already?
I thought the Trump policies don't come into effect until October.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

September 30 is the end of the US Government fiscal year and October 1 is the beginning of the new fiscal year. I lived in Georgia for 25 years and no telling what happened under the Gold Dome to preempt Trump.

Food stamps are down because the very people that depend on them, ie white trash.....voted for GOP governors.....ya see these white idiots forgot that when you vote for the white trash party, ie the GOP, they actually do what they say......number one reason they turning to drugs

WOW...them negros are fucking pissed...they lost their "Token Negro" and free shit won't be falling from the sky any longer...haha
It's time to put down that blunt and 40oz, learn to speak like a human and go to work bitches...haha
I aim to enlighten the ignorant, self manipulated, confused and uninformed. You're welcome in advance.
21.3% of US Participates in Government Assistance Programs Each Month
Who Participated in Welfare?
The black population:
At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.

I'm sure you can't understand this so I'll explain it...More than 4 in 10 of "you people" are pet humans and count on me to feed you.
It also means that 1.3 in 10 "white trash" lowlifes need me.
1.3 in 10 is far fewer than 4 in 10
Let me know if you struggle with the arithmetic and I'll explain further. I'm willing to share other demos by race with you if you require it...such as crime stats and incarceration rates, average iQ, teen pregnancy, high school graduation...etc etc
Basically if we had too many more of "you" we might be fucked!

Food stamps are down because the very people that depend on them, ie white trash.....voted for GOP governors.....ya see these white idiots forgot that when you vote for the white trash party, ie the GOP, they actually do what they say......number one reason they turning to drugs

WOW...them negros are fucking pissed...they lost their "Token Negro" and free shit won't be falling from the sky any longer...haha
It's time to put down that blunt and 40oz, learn to speak like a human and go to work bitches...haha
I aim to enlighten the ignorant, self manipulated, confused and uninformed. You're welcome in advance.
The black population:
At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.

I'm sure you can't understand this so I'll explain it...More than 4 in 10 of "you people" are pet humans and count on me to feed you.
Let me know if you struggle with the arithmetic and I'll explain further. I'm willing to share other demos by race with you if you require it...such as crime stats and incarceration rates, average iQ, teen pregnancy, high school graduation...etc etc
White boy, let me school you on some welfare.....there's a lil ol benefit out here called Disability and one race, dominates it, white trashies, people like. Food stamps end....disability for you trash heaps, lasts forever, until you whores get old or die. Add it up, meth head...and you tell me who costs more!!

The black population:

Basically if we had too many more of "you" we might be fucked!........SPOILER ALERT.....Have you visited the south lately? I don't think there's one white woman left down here, that hasn't sampled a black man...so uh, I don't see them numbers decreasing anytime soon. LOLOLOLOLOLO

The black population:

White boy, let me school you on some welfare.....there's a lil ol benefit out here called Disability and one race, dominates it, white trashies, people like. Food stamps end....disability for you trash heaps, lasts forever, until you whores get old or die. Add it up, meth head...and you tell me who costs more!!

Cool, so you would advocate for elimating all welfare, because it disproportionately helps white people?

The black population:

Cool, so you would advocate for elimating all welfare, because it disproportionately helps white people?
I personally could care one way or the other. I work on who gets what and why, I pay taxes, and unlike you tea party nuts, I believe in our government...I just don't have faith in the GOP running our gov. I'd personally would rather see rabid squirrels on steroids, than a hick with a dick GOP congressmen.

The black population:

I personally could care one way or the other. I work on who gets what and why, I pay taxes, and unlike you tea party nuts, I believe in our government...I just don't have faith in the GOP running our gov. I'd personally would rather see rabid squirrels on steroids, than a hick with a dick GOP congressmen.

Ask your mom to loosen your helmet.

Forum List

Back