Florida to Shipping Companies: Forget California, We’ll Unload Your Ships

Why am I not surprised you haven't been paying attention?
The issue here is primarily caused by a lack of truck capacity to move boxes and chassis to and from the ports.
This lack of truck capacity is a direct result of CA environmenal and union regs maming it too expensive for trucking companies to operate the prts.
Who created these laws and regs? Democrats.
BULLSHIT...

It's a lack of truck DRIVERS. That's why Georgia has the same problems as California

You understand wrong. It is about one hundred, ships waiting to offload. you dipshit!

Ships are measured in displacement which impacts draft.

I guess I-95 and I-75 are one interstate heading north. They are both connected by I-4 and I-10.

10K 18 wheelers? If you worked for a shipping container company, you'd be fired immediately because you are a moron.
My mistake, conflated containers and ships.

You see, when I'm wrong I admit it. Try it sometime.

Panama Canal: What is the current loading? Which of the ships currently waiting could get through the canal?

Have you the concept of where 95/75 are in relation to the port of Miami?
How about the distance to I4 and why doe I4 have anything to do with this since using I4 would require a truck to give back about 100 miles in NS or EW travel time?

I suggest you quit on this.
All you really show is your ignorance of logistics as well as traffic in S. Florida.

No, I wouldn't be fired. Morons who suggest using Miami instead of LA get fired.

An industry e-mail.
As notes, part of the issue is chassis shortage

The recent surge of port to port freight in the LA/LB area has created an unusual, temporary situation where for the first time this year where ICTF eastbound demand has shrank while westbound flows into ICTF remain strong. This has created a chassis deficit situation at ICTF resulting in the stacking of over 1,000 containers. We continue to work cooperatively with carriers to identify containers in stack that are available for pick up on both pool and private chassis to reduce stack count and make containers available for outgates.

As an additional step to reduce ICTF stack count, Union Pacific will be taking actions to reduce westbound container flow to ICTF to improve short term balance and further allow stacked containers at ICTF to be mounted.

Operational Pause of Westbound Billing from All Inland Terminals to ICTF – Effective Friday, October 22, 2021 at 23:59 CDT
• For a period of up to 7 days, Union Pacific will not be accepting westbound billing from any inland terminals to ICTF
• Westbound interchange traffic billed to ICTF will not be subject to the temporary pause

After the completion of the actions above, we will reassess the current stack counts at ICTF in conjunction with maintaining an inbound supply of chassis at inland terminals.

Thank you for your continued cooperation during this unprecedented time for the global supply chain.

Cranes are the issue?

You don’t have a clue

Cheney depth is just the first hurdle.

Again. Jacksonville is the only port I’m Florida with the infrastructure to handle this.

And no it’s not California trucks refs that are causing it or Georgia wouldn’t be having the same issues… and they are
Lesh I live out here...we have the cranes idgit.

Of course.
The weight of what the ship carries has nothing to do with draft, does it?

You clearly demonstrate why you post on a message board rather than handle cargo logistics for a large ocean carrier.

GEEZ!

But, let's follow your plan. How about we divert 500 ships per day? AS I understand that's less than 1% of those waiting to offload.
After 30 days there would be around 13,000 ships waiting to pass the canal.

I understand you want to give your boy DuhDumbAss credit but this really is a stupid idea ...

What do you suppose would happen to traffic in SoFl if they were to double or triple the traffic through the ports?
There is only 1 rail line and one interstate north.
Add 10k 18 wheelers and 5 miles of train to the existing traffic and before long the trains and trucks couldn't move out of the port.

Let this one go.
We are seeing a big uptick in trucks going down the highways and Tamiami (runs up the west coast of Florida)...our gas prices jumped .21$ overnight a couple of weeks ago as well.

Lesh I live out here...we have the cranes idgit.

Florida has SOME CRANES...but not nearly enough of them and the other infrastructure needed ...nor can they magically provide truck drivers that are sorely needed and are the main issue...

Sure...Florida can make some money here...but that isn't the answer

New Topics

Forum List

Back